PaiGowFan
PaiGowFan
  • Threads: 7
February 27th, 2011 at 6:19:31 PM permalink
Thanks for your strategy pdf's and practice site. I play BJ and craps, but my favorite game is pai gow tiles and you strategy, practive site and foru has been very, very helpful. I have a much better intuitive understanding of the hands and the game as a result. I play better and enjoy it even more.

That being said, no protection for being tired and stupid. Late Saturday, in AC, I played a 4/9 over a 6/7 because I convinced myself it was a good idea. Now those statistic mistakes do not generally hurt you in the short term - it's a slight statistical disadvantage - but of course the dealer got a 5/5 and it cost me a win. After 10 hours of pai gow, that's what I remember.

Thanks though. I really did play well over all and enjoyed it.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 28th, 2011 at 9:47:50 AM permalink
Quote: PaiGowFan

After 10 hours of pai gow, that's what I remember.

That's a good mindset to have. It will keep you from making the same mistakes next time.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 28th, 2011 at 11:27:01 AM permalink
Quote: PaiGowFan

no protection for being tired and stupid.

One can walk away from the table sooner and perhaps drink less alcohol but I've found that there is indeed no protection for being stupid. Alas.

I liked the Pai Gow Tiles practice game and made a great deal of money with it, but I've no idea what I'm doing with it. And I'm not oriental so if I were to sit down to play everyone else would probably just get up and leave.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 1st, 2011 at 5:52:01 AM permalink
You're quite welcome.

I'm still mad at myself for not seeing a mixed pair in my hand about three years ago at the Mandalay Bay.

As a general rule, try to get the low up to at least a 5. If you can't then maximize the high. There are exceptions for very high, and very low, hands.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PaiGowFan
PaiGowFan
  • Threads: 7
April 24th, 2011 at 10:22:38 AM permalink
Heading out to Vegas in a few days. Staying at Aria. Used the Pai Gow practice game and Calculator to brush up - very helpful. Thanks again. I have one suggestion for improvement. It would be helpful - when the game warns you are not using the "best" option - for the game to show the expected return for the options. Sometimes the I'm hitting one of the stranger exceptions that has minimal impact and I have to switch to the calculator to see the actual impact. The tools are great. This would just be a little improvement.

Any last minute tips?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 24th, 2011 at 10:25:42 AM permalink
Always remember if you are not sure you can ask the dealer for advice. And good luck!
  • Jump to: