odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
January 29th, 2011 at 8:27:37 AM permalink
I was looking at the HE on buy bets at the WoO, and the charts say "bet bets" instead of buy bets which is probably not right, and the "tip" says:

"If the commission is rounded down, the player can cut down the house edge by betting just under $40 for a commission of $1. A buy bet of $39 on the 4 or 10 has a house edge of 2.5% . A buy bet of $38 on the 5 or 9 has a house edge of 2.56%. A buy bet of $35 on the 6 or 8 has a house edge of 2.78% (which is still not as good as the place bet)."

I was thinking there would be more difference between which numbers were bet. Also, how does the chart jive with the tip? I must be misreading that the HE is better for the player without following the tip! Just me being dumb I'm sure, but...

it's at WoO dot com slash craps

link fixed
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: