Thread Rating:

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Mission146
July 24th, 2021 at 6:18:06 AM permalink
Thought you were done with it, eh? Nope, today we delve into some mnemonics to assist your UTH play. My play has just naturally come across these, so I thought i'd share. But there is no new jargon, nothing about 'succession' for sure. Relax. 

See if you fit the category,

The Wizard Simple Strategy is as far as I can go

You just have a high card hand at the 1x decision point. Should you bet your kicker?

*The board is an unpaired rainbow picket fence. That is 'situation one' which goes along with 'one card' ........... only 'one card' that outranks yours can be missing from the board, if just one, bet.

*The board has one pair. A pair is 'two cards'........... only 'two cards' that outranks yours can be missing from the board, if just two, bet.

*The board has trips. Trips are 'three cards'............ only 'three cards' that outranks yours can be missing from the board, if just 3, bet.

*The board has two pair. Count the outs and get the Initial Board Outs correct. 

>>>

Or is your game up one level?

I Recognize When You "Play the Board"

Your hole cards have made you recogize this at the 1x decision point

If you know your hole cards are now irrelevant, which cards to consider, and that The Dealer Total Outs follow the 18+ rule instead of the 21+ rule, these less clever mnemonics should help. 

*No pair [or better] on the board. No pair means No Play, fold

*Board has one pair or Trips. A 9-card or less in the relevant cards means instant fold. Otherwise count the outs [or check out the link]

*Board has two pair or 4 OAK. count the outs [established situations can be learned, but no easy mnemonics]

I think the Super Simple Strategy is helpful? perhaps you beg to differ.
https://wizardofvegas.com/member/odiousgambit/blog/#post2282
Last edited by: odiousgambit on Jul 24, 2021
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Thanked by
Mission146
July 24th, 2021 at 2:29:28 PM permalink
I changed something. The situation with two pair with the first set has been changed to:

*The board has two pair. Count the outs and get the Initial Board Outs correct. 

I put it in bold in the edited first post.

The reason is the condition where the card that is not one of the pairs complicates things and doesn't belong in a simple strategy. Just for the record, if the Initial Board Outs are 7 instead of 4, the number of outranking cards that coordinate is 3 as first indicated.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
100000Challenge
100000Challenge
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
odiousgambit
July 24th, 2021 at 5:16:30 PM permalink
I've been able to go to Harrahs Cherokee which has the UTH machine, currently only 3 players allowed at a time. It shows you the other player's cards and that's helped with quite a few decisions. Also the machine payback seems to genuinely be set pretty high or I hit a particularly good hot streak last time I was there. Won $500 off of $100 with about 2 hours of play.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Thanked by
Mission146
July 24th, 2021 at 6:13:04 PM permalink
Quote: 100000Challenge

I've been able to go to Harrahs Cherokee which has the UTH machine, currently only 3 players allowed at a time. It shows you the other player's cards and that's helped with quite a few decisions. Also the machine payback seems to genuinely be set pretty high or I hit a particularly good hot streak last time I was there. Won $500 off of $100 with about 2 hours of play.

I would have to think it's the Trips paytable that varies any. Over a period of two hours it's the luck of the draw, not the paytable.
Why do you think they limit it to 3 players? I got the impression it needed to be fixed is all, when I was there, but maybe not?
  • Jump to: