Poll

2 votes (25%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (12.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
3 votes (37.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 1264
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
May 15th, 2019 at 4:37:04 PM permalink
So as many of you know, there are now 31 based games coming to the market from reputable developers ten years into the journey I have been pursing to try and bring 31 based games to the marketplace.

Due to the rapid installations being obtained by the new game 3 Card Blitz, I wanted honest feedback from everyone who is familiar with all of the games (or those just seeing them all for the first time) as to one vs the others.

The poll above is limited to a single vote per member, I ask you to choose which game you like best. If you care to vote, I would ask that you give your reasons for the pick in the comments. Not included in the list of my games was "Match 31" which had been licensed to and launched by DEQ while they were still in existence.

Game demos for each game:

31 classic

Double Shot 31

Money$uit 31

3 Card Blitz
.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 11753
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31
May 15th, 2019 at 6:11:01 PM permalink
Money$uit 31: Potential for decent pays on the base game relative to bet amount, relatively simple basic strategy and a house edge that is perfectly within reason. It's fun, it's fast and the player gets to see plenty of hands knowing he/she has already won and can only improve upon with the draw card. Excellent game, all around.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GBAM
GBAM
Joined: Feb 26, 2019
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 73
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31
May 15th, 2019 at 6:21:34 PM permalink
Of your offerings I enjoy doubleshot the best. I like the sidebets the best. Moneysuit just feels a bit too extra for me.

If you have any pictures of the felts in real life Id love to see what they look like.

One definite advantage to your games over blitz is a good hand cant be ruined by an equally good dealer hand. In 3-card blitz Ive pushed on a 31 before and its sort of heart breaking. Your base game payouts are a lot more generous as well, granted were getting half as many cards. Just to pick your brain a bit, how would you go about structuring the pay-table of a best 3/7 game

I think if doubleshot came to Foxwoods wed play that over blitz, but since taking a break from the craps tables UTH and Blitz are what have been keeping us entertained

Final question would be for you to say something you like about 3-card blitz, and something you think your games do better
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 587
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31
May 15th, 2019 at 7:57:54 PM permalink
I like all four. Each of them has its trumps...

I generally find flush type games to be frustrating but Blitz is a pretty clever genre fusion. You have to admit it.

As Mission says above Money$uite 31 gives a decent shot at a big payoff.

31 Classic streamlines M$31 and the "rainbow" payoff offers a little "Pai Gow" insurance.

Double Shot 31 is a fun twist on the M$ and 31C games.

Holding my toes to the fire, if I walked into a casino and saw all four games side-by-side ... I'd sit down at the Money$uite 31 table. I just love how the dice add an extra layer of excitement. (I imagine the custom dice also make legal protections easier for you to obtain.)
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 1264
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
May 16th, 2019 at 7:09:52 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Money$uit 31: Potential for decent pays on the base game relative to bet amount, relatively simple basic strategy and a house edge that is perfectly within reason. It's fun, it's fast and the player gets to see plenty of hands knowing he/she has already won and can only improve upon with the draw card. Excellent game, all around.



I appreciate that Mission. Ever since the Michigan expired compact fiasco, Money$uit 31 hasn't gotten back out into the market. Foxwoods had recently shown interest in bringing it in, but that was prior to the 3 Card Blitz install and I have been unable to reestablish a dialog on the subject ever since. Fingers crossed they will come back around. I'm likely just becoming more of a pest now anyway, further hurting my chances of gaining an install with them (this is the unfortunate outcome when you stay persistent for so long as an independent, but it is the only way to get games out).


Quote: GBAM

Of your offerings I enjoy doubleshot the best. I like the sidebets the best. Moneysuit just feels a bit too extra for me.

If you have any pictures of the felts in real life Id love to see what they look like.

One definite advantage to your games over blitz is a good hand cant be ruined by an equally good dealer hand. In 3-card blitz Ive pushed on a 31 before and its sort of heart breaking. Your base game payouts are a lot more generous as well, granted were getting half as many cards. Just to pick your brain a bit, how would you go about structuring the pay-table of a best 3/7 game

I think if doubleshot came to Foxwoods wed play that over blitz, but since taking a break from the craps tables UTH and Blitz are what have been keeping us entertained

Final question would be for you to say something you like about 3-card blitz, and something you think your games do better



Thank you GBAM, some share your opinion on the bonus suit determination being a little overkill. That said, as you can see by Mission's and Gialmere's responses, and many others from off the forum, the added excitement of the bonus pays and the additional engagement of the random Money$uit determination adds some appeal to the game. This would also likely turn into an additional side wager if the game had taken off.

Regarding the 4 Card side wager on Double Shot, do you prefer the $1 mock progressive wager as it appears in the demo (including the 3 Card Monster) or do you like the standard 4 Card side wager (including the rainbow) that is now on 31 Classic better? I have gotten mixed reviews, and would like to see if it would be worthwhile to have both wagers included in any reports/approvals in order to give both options to facilities.

I honestly do not like the 7 card version (of course I am biased) due to the fact that 31 is a 3 card game with a draw card that replaces one of your cards. I'm not big on taking a game that exists and completely changing it from its original form. Even though Double Shot is slightly different from the normal 31 "start with 3 cards and draw a 4th", all of my games are essentially your best 3 of 4 card 31 hand.

In regard to structuring a pay table for a best 3 of 7, I wasn't ever able to create a decent pay table for that, it simply didn't work well and wasn't attractive in the pay outs. In my opinion, that is still the case on Blitz, even with the incorporation of the required side wager. I had experimented with many different versions early on, but after not liking many of the other versions I had come up with, I didn't pursue them and didn't think I needed to start filing unnecessary patent application for every single feasible form of a 31 based table game.

One thing I like about 3 Card Blitz is that its another 31 based game (kind of) that is bringing attention back to the game I grew up loving. This should help further in generating familiarity which will hopefully translate into the success of 31 based games.


Quote: Gialmere

I like all four. Each of them has its trumps...

I generally find flush type games to be frustrating but Blitz is a pretty clever genre fusion. You have to admit it.

As Mission says above Money$uite 31 gives a decent shot at a big payoff.

31 Classic streamlines M$31 and the "rainbow" payoff offers a little "Pai Gow" insurance.

Double Shot 31 is a fun twist on the M$ and 31C games.

Holding my toes to the fire, if I walked into a casino and saw all four games side-by-side ... I'd sit down at the Money$uite 31 table. I just love how the dice add an extra layer of excitement. (I imagine the custom dice also make legal protections easier for you to obtain.)



Thank you Gialmere!

Hopefully at some point when 31 Classic gains some floor space, Money$uit 31 will make its way back to gaming floors.

Time will tell all around.
.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 1264
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGamesGialmere
May 17th, 2019 at 6:40:27 AM permalink
Quote: GBAM

If you have any pictures of the felts in real life Id love to see what they look like.



Here is the best I have at the moment. These are all of the most recent felts either at conventions or in a live setting. I can post some of the older live casino felts for older versions if you would like to see them as well....

31 Classic at Waterview Casino, in Miss:




31 Classic at 2018 Cutting Edge Table Games Conf:




Double Shot 31 at 2018 Cutting Edge Table Games Conf:




Advantage Play 3 Card Fury Digital layout (I'll show you pictures from GVR once the felt is installed in June):




Money$uit 31 at 2016 Cutting Edge Table Games Conf:




Money$uit 31 at 2016 Cutting Edge Table Games Conf #2:




Old version of Money$uit 31 at Grey Eagle Casino Calgary, with SHFL Progressive (Old layout):

.
MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames 
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 1427
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31
May 17th, 2019 at 6:46:02 AM permalink
Very Nice Table/Photos.
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com

  • Jump to: