777
777
Joined: Oct 7, 2015
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 708
February 22nd, 2018 at 11:29:16 AM permalink
I thought that it is exceeding difficult to get a patent for new card game post Alice/Bliski era. Apparently this Face Up PGP had received a patent. I don't see patent number referenced in the WoO's write-up for this game. Does anyone know the patent number for this Face Up PGP?
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5291
April 21st, 2018 at 5:58:54 PM permalink
Luxor now has one table of Face Up PGP as well.

I'm glad to see it's spreading, as I really do enjoy this version a lot. Even though it just kicked my ass at NYNY...
Lock him up!
GlenG
GlenG
Joined: Feb 5, 2018
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 410
April 21st, 2018 at 7:10:24 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Luxor now has one table of Face Up PGP as well.

I'm glad to see it's spreading, as I really do enjoy this version a lot. Even though it just kicked my ass at NYNY...



It's fun. Dealt it the other day. Had a great time
GlenG
GlenG
Joined: Feb 5, 2018
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 410
May 8th, 2018 at 4:46:38 PM permalink
NYNY replaced their fortune paigow with a 2nd face up table.
jmills
jmills
Joined: Sep 16, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 73
May 8th, 2018 at 4:53:50 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

NYNY replaced their fortune paigow with a 2nd face up table.



That's too bad. I learned to play pai gow poker at NYNY back in '99 or so. I do still want to try face up, though.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
May 8th, 2018 at 5:58:57 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

That's too bad. I learned to play pai gow poker at NYNY back in '99 or so. I do still want to try face up, though.



The first time I played pai gow in Vegas was at NYNY. Hit a straight flush in first 30 minutes there. Had $0 on bonus.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13929
Thanks for this post from:
GlenG
May 8th, 2018 at 6:07:36 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

NYNY replaced their fortune paigow with a 2nd face up table.



Well, nuts. I was going to play it next week.

Edit. Brain backwash. Make that, oh, goodie! Maybe I do get to try it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 644
July 8th, 2018 at 6:18:53 PM permalink
Just read about this in the recent TR on here. Has this game spread beyond NYNY and Luxor? I really like Pai Gow and wouldnt mind trying this out.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 740
July 8th, 2018 at 6:46:38 PM permalink
Quote: 777

I thought that it is exceeding difficult to get a patent for new card game post Alice/Bliski era. Apparently this Face Up PGP had received a patent. I don't see patent number referenced in the WoO's write-up for this game. Does anyone know the patent number for this Face Up PGP?



It doesn't have a patent.
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
Joined: Apr 1, 2016
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 242
July 9th, 2018 at 6:10:27 AM permalink
What are the table minimums y'all are seeing for this?

Is it similar to "regular" pai gow poker, less, more?

  • Jump to: