odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 311
Thanks for this post from:
100xOdds
September 14th, 2021 at 9:19:01 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

[snipped to shorten to something reasonable]

[Paraphrase Wiz] If the dealer also has a Ten then you lose because everything beats your 2 kicker. 

I was quoting your OP (1st post in this thread).

due to my editing of that post multiple times, i left out of the part where it was the Wiz who said 3 additional dealer outs if you have a 2 kicker.
(it made  it look like you said that.)

i edited my posts.

• link to original post

I see that the above example has been removed from the wizard page [and replaced I think], see link below. I'd like to think it is because he realized he was deviating from a simple strategy

the consideration that both dealer and player have the same card usually means a wash. If you are sharpening your game and want to in fact go deeper than simple strategy, you can expect to be getting iinto the weeds. Check out these using the Wiz calculator:

Here I changed the original so you have a 9 for second kicker instead of a 2. Having a 2 doesn't have much to do with it, because dealer outs are 23 just using simple strategy. Fold. 

Note that this time I have changed the original so that there is an Ace on the board. Now the dealer outs are 19 using simple strategy. Player cards are still 10,2, but it is now a Raise. This is not a situation where a weak second kicker matters enough. I've noticed it is more likely with K,2 or Q,2 .

https://wizardofodds.com/games/ultimate-texas-hold-em/
    https://wizardofodds.com/games/ultimate-texas-hold-em/calculator/
    the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
    naotoyoshida64
    naotoyoshida64
    • Threads: 0
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:27:23 PM permalink
    Well this is something new that most people tend to make mistakes on. I think it is normal for us to find a way to see which is the best way to either make use of since there are so many factors that affect the way we do our work on this one at the very least. That is what makes it hard for us to try more new things.

• Jump to: