Thread Rating:

aceside
aceside
  • Threads: 0
August 14th, 2021 at 4:10:51 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

me too. Sometimes I can't figure out why it's a fold. But all marginal, as you say.

I need your help for this specific hand and this particular situation. If I am holding an Ace and a Jack and I see my neighbor player is holding a pair of Aces, should I make the 4X raise before the dealer turns over three community cards?
Where can I find the more advanced strategy if I can see my neighbor players' cards? Thank you in advance.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 543
September 6th, 2021 at 3:27:54 PM permalink
(Closest uth thread for me to complain)

$1150 in freeplay chips
- I keep freeplay chips on my wins

I'm betting $10 ante/$10 blinds, no trips
-when all free play chips are lost, I only have $585 :(

49% loss playing through $1150 in this .53% game!!
~100x the expected loss.

/Cue remarks about loss relating to my username
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Sep 6, 2021
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
September 6th, 2021 at 3:33:06 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

$1150 in freeplay chips
- I keep chips if I win

100x the expected loses.

Cue remarks about my username

• link to original post

That can happen. Did the dealer get you on a few 4x raises? UTH is probably not the best game for grinding out free bets if that was your goal.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    odiousgambit
    odiousgambit
    • Threads: 311
    Thanks for this post from:
    aceside
    September 6th, 2021 at 4:38:43 PM permalink
    Quote: aceside

I need your help for this specific hand and this particular situation. If I am holding an Ace and a Jack and I see my neighbor player is holding a pair of Aces, should I make the 4X raise before the dealer turns over three community cards?
    Where can I find the more advanced strategy if I can see my neighbor players' cards? Thank you in advance.

• link to original post

I didn't realize no one answered

I think a pair of aces would give me pause

as for borderline cases, I have to think Eliot Jacobson has covered this one. This might at this point mean getting hold of his book, Advanced Advantage Play, but I think they're going for a reasonable price on Ebay now
    the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
    Mission146
    Mission146
    gordonm888aceside
    September 6th, 2021 at 5:34:50 PM permalink

• link to original post

as for borderline cases, I have to think Eliot Jacobson has covered this one. This might at this point mean getting hold of his book, Advanced Advantage Play, but I think they're going for a reasonable price on Ebay now
  • link to original post

Ace Jack is still a raise, for more hands, see:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/discountgambling.net/2010/01/15/practical-collusion-for-ultimate-texas-holdem/amp/

The thing to understand about Ace is the high card value, so your neighbor having Aces wired doesn’t kill you completely because it means there’s only one Ace the dealer could have.
    https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
    100xOdds
    100xOdds
    September 6th, 2021 at 7:14:29 PM permalink
    Quote: Mission146

Quote: 100xOdds

$1150 in freeplay chips
    - I keep chips if I win

100x the expected loses.

Cue remarks about my username

• link to original post

That can happen.
  • link to original post

but the variance of this game is around 20, similar to jacks or better vp?
    If so, running really bad
    Mission146
    Mission146
    September 6th, 2021 at 7:33:45 PM permalink
    Bad run, small sample size.
    aceside
    aceside
    • Threads: 0
    Mission146
    September 7th, 2021 at 5:38:06 AM permalink
    Quote: Mission146

• link to original post

• link to original post

Ace Jack is still a raise, for more hands, see:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/discountgambling.net/2010/01/15/practical-collusion-for-ultimate-texas-holdem/amp/

The thing to understand about Ace is the high card value, so your neighbor having Aces wired doesn’t kill you completely because it means there’s only one Ace the dealer could have.
  • link to original post

This is very helpful! There should be some way of calculating the effect of removal on the basic strategy of UTH if a certain card is removed, just like the illustrious-18 deviations in blackjack card counting. Based on the discountgambling information, I judge it is not very helpful for a player to peek at their neighbor’s hand cards because Only a few marginal decisions matter.
    100xOdds
    100xOdds
    September 7th, 2021 at 6:40:13 AM permalink

Based on the discountgambling information, I judge it is not very helpful for a player to peek at their neighbor’s hand cards because Only a few marginal decisions matter.

• link to original post

yes, only helps for a few hands:
    33,k3o-k6o,JTo, J9o, Q7o-Q9o
    Mission146
    Mission146
    September 7th, 2021 at 7:40:27 AM permalink

This is very helpful! There should be some way of calculating the effect of removal on the basic strategy of UTH if a certain card is removed, just like the illustrious-18 deviations in blackjack card counting. Based on the discountgambling information, I judge it is not very helpful for a player to peek at their neighbor’s hand cards because Only a few marginal decisions matter.

• link to original post

That's true, but value is value if you can memorize the known card exceptions. It's a low HE game to begin with.

• Jump to: