Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:33:44 PM permalink
I enjoy playing UTH at Golden Gate downtown with my wife but lately the procedure of the dealers is really bothering me. The table is setup to deal using the auto shuffler. It deals the 5-card board, then two cards to each player and two cards to the dealer.

Sometimes the dealer randomly decides to hand shuffle and deal that way. They say they are allowed to do this if the shuffler is not finished although not all the girls do this. It seems the proper way to deal it is like dealing poker where each player gets dealt one card clockwise until everyone has two then burn before the flop and after the flop. The girls mess this up often.

Sometimes they forget to deal their two cards to themselves and deal them last in a row. Other times they forget to burn the cards, especially when all players are in before flop.

Is there a set procedure for dealing this game or can the house just deal it any way that it wants from hand to hand? I understand some places hand deal it and others use machine, but shouldn't they follow one or the other or when hand dealing do it the same way every time?

I'm not sure why it bugs me so much. When I ask to not be dealt in their sloppy hand dealt hands they always forget and deal me in anyway.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:35:48 PM permalink
Do you by chance lean really far back when you're playing?
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
August 22nd, 2014 at 4:56:24 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Do you by chance lean really far back when you're playing?

I don't think so, why?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 22nd, 2014 at 7:56:50 PM permalink
Quote: Pokeraddict

I don't think so, why?

UTH is reputedly a great game for holecarding both the dealer hand and the flop, so a lot of people like sloppy dealers.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
August 22nd, 2014 at 8:58:25 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

UTH is reputedly a great game for holecarding both the dealer hand and the flop, so a lot of people like sloppy dealers.

I get that. They aren't making those mistakes. They are trying to deal as many hands as possible which is making them sloppy. For example getting to the end of the hand and the dealer forgot to deal herself cards. Another example is mistaking burn cards for someone's hand.
  • Jump to: