mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
June 8th, 2014 at 9:43:43 PM permalink
Today for the first time in a while I had the luxury of losing some money with my buddy paigowdan. We spent the day at the M resort where I had the opportunity to play/see a variety of the games galaxy has installed there (primarily WPT Heads-up hold'em and high card flush). To my surprise, the floor was mainly Galaxy games aside from the standard craps BJ etc... We spent most of our time at the WPT heads-up hold'em table which I must say was a rather fun game to play. I really liked the bad beat aspect of the "odds" bet which on multiple occasions saved/made me a good amount of moolah. Even though we both didn't do so great, we played for over 2 hours with not such a large bankroll, which is always nice and obviously not always the case...

Thereafter, we had a good burger from the beer and burger joint at the M, which literally was one of the best burgers I had in a very long time! If you like a good burger you need to go and try the lager burger, delicious!

All in all a very good day!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
June 8th, 2014 at 10:49:04 PM permalink
Thanks, Brent!

It was Really an all-out and juiced-out great gambling session on Heads Up Hold 'em Poker - from being on top of the world (up $400+) - to chasing with trips to the friggin' ATM - and back on the game completely over on top again, - and then back down, then even for me. I came 4-to-the-Royal on one occasion, and a fine lady on first base had four to the straight flush on four hands over a two hour period, getting lower flushes on two occasions for the "Heads Up hold 'em' bad beat save/profit.

All in all, it was just a totally irrational, got-to-do-it, balls-to-the-wall long gambling session. A day session like this at a Nevada Ranch would have cost 20 times more - and Brent would have drop his pearls in that scenario, a "Heavens to Murgatroid" type of thing for that excellent law school student. "Oh My God, We're GAMBLING here....I think only true gamblers can relate.

Shoot, it'll take me two weeks to get un-gambled, if such a thing is possible for a degenerate like me. In gambling terms, it was a night in Bangkok. ("King-Eight suited??! CHUNK IT!!' - Win or lose - high and lows.....) We should have left ahead, really, but we just could not. There was simply NO telling us when we were into the action: "Ohh....Stop now, baby, - and go home for your own good..." Pit boss was like: "Change another $200?? OKAY, GO AHEAD - SHIP IT!"

I mean to stop now: "What??!! HELL NO!... PFFT!.... - Next hand, - deal it!!..." A roller-coaster ride where the variance was in the hundreds (NOT in the thousands, thankfully - now that's nuts...) From stacks of Black and quarters, - to being down at $20 in Nickels, - and back up there. Roller-Coaster Action.

The "Free bad beat" saved us on the game a hell of a lot of the time (it hit like in eight hands, and with Trips+ paying), - as did the Pocket Bonus (good 5:1 to 30:1 paying your hole cards on ANY ace-face or pairs), - which the dealers LOVED us to bet for them, a dollar a shot. We saw pocket aces three times during the session (2 out of three won, I lost once against dealer's two sh*tty pairs but got $125...), that time I had $1.50 on it with rockets for the dealers...and my nickel for me got $125 (and put me back better in the game), and the $1.50 toke bet got the dealer $45 on the hole cards alone....all good.

One dealer was paying me in five or more white in payoffs when I ran out of white in my cash box (she was keeping track), - and quietly handing it off with dropping a dollar on the Pocket bonus bet - with my approval. ("Ace-jack suited? Good Job, Sir - That's 20:1 - and THANK you for the bet - so MUCH appreciated!...") As in "Keep Danny on 3rd base in white for the dealers, and nickels for the cocktail waitresses....comp his cigarettes Just for play.

An all-out afternoon of gambling and restaurants, serious and well worth it.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: