Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
May 1st, 2014 at 8:42:54 AM permalink
I just posted JB's simple pai gow poker strategy.

As always, I welcome all comments, questions, and especially corrections.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
May 1st, 2014 at 7:48:57 PM permalink
I like the way it is formatted and thanks for putting in in pdf. I have one question. When you have a straight/flush, why is the 2 pair strategy different from the no straight/flush strategy? Since you are abandoning the straight/flush and playing the pairs why would the conditions for splitting them be any different?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 1st, 2014 at 8:38:13 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

I like the way it is formatted and thanks for putting in in pdf. I have one question. When you have a straight/flush, why is the 2 pair strategy different from the no straight/flush strategy? Since you are abandoning the straight/flush and playing the pairs why would the conditions for splitting them be any different?

Thats a great question. I was wondering that myself. An example of the difference is if you get 2 pair 88 99 with a A. If you can make a straight of flush then you play 2 pair high hand and A in low hand. If you cant make a straight or flush, you split the pair, 99 high hand and 88 low hand. Weird but I'm sure there is some math behind this.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: