junkbucket
junkbucket
  • Threads: 1
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:22:37 AM permalink
First post here, but having been reading awhile now. Just returned from a trip to Vegas and my friend and I got into a heated discussion on the new 6 card bet on MS stud at the Caesar's properties. He believes that taking the first 4 cards off the deck and in his view "out of play" for the card side bet play, changes the odds on the MS stud part of the game. I claim that burning 4 cards does not change the odds of the 5 card bet at all because you still get 2 random cards to play with 3 random community cards. The 4 cards for the side bet are not different than if they were in the unused portion of the deck.

Nothing I nor several other people have said can seem to prove it to him. His claim is that CET wouldn't have put the bet on the game if it didn't increase the house advantage. While I agree that they wouldn't have put it there to help the player, I say it's only to add to their revenue based on the terrible payout of the side bet.

I don't have the math to back my argument - that is does matter to the odds as to where in a randomly shuffled deck the played cards are deck from as long as there are 52 random cards. And that the order of dealing of the 4 side bet cards has no bearing on his win/loss amounts.

So, am I looking at this incorrectly? If I am wrong I would like to know.

Thanks
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:39:23 AM permalink
I do not have the math to help you but you could ask your friend the following.

What if we took the deck and made a cut and dealt from the cut, would that change the odds?

What if the bonus was taken from the bottom of the deck, would that change it?

If he can not provide you a reason that it does other than they did it because it does then the argument is flawed to begin with.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:47:56 AM permalink
Burning four cards, or any number, does not change the odds.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
deanandmaria
deanandmaria
  • Threads: 2
March 24th, 2014 at 9:52:44 PM permalink
Definately doesn't change the odds, but it does change the mechanics of the games in question. I just don't like Hold'em games dealt from a machine. I like for a player to be able to "sit out a hand" without them having their hand so obviously be on display in the seat next to them.

I also don't like that they force players to play other bonus bets in order to play it. The house edge is high enough, but now you want players to play the three card on top of it? I don't like that bet on MS - I don't like cheering against my dealt hand.

It also has ramped up the "DON'T TOUCH THE CARDS OR CHIPS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" attitude, which only zaps the fun when someone makes a mistake and they get their hand slapped.
  • Jump to: