bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
October 21st, 2012 at 6:42:35 PM permalink
Had a great day today playing EZ Pai Gow at Borgata AC. Started out very bad, dealer getting two high pairs almost every hand with a few three pair hands mixed in, along with some straights and flushes with pairs on top. Most players were only staying for a few hands before getting frustrated and leaving the table. I was playing two hands for 20 each on the bet and 10 each on the fortune bonus, not hitting anything so wasting away $40-$60 per deal since one hand would sometimes push. Down almost $400 when I mentioned to the dealer it would be my last hand unless things started turning around. Next hand I hit my first 5 Aces hand ever after 20 years or more of Pai Gow poker, unfortunately I had dropped my bonus bet to only $5 each due to the lack of anything hitting. Well the 5 Aces on the EZ Pai Gow pays 500 to 1 instead of the 400 to 1 on the regular Pai Gow table, so I got $2500 on that hand instead of $2000. Next hand while everyone was still around talking about how rare the 5 aces are, I get dealt the Luhn Tao wheel this time with $10 on the bonus for a 120 to 1 payout of $1200. The hand was Ace-6 all clubs, and 7 of spades. If the 7 had been clubs also a much bigger payout but I was still thrilled. Half hour later a hand of 4 Kings and a pair of sevens for $250, then about an hour later a Straight flush for $500. Played a few more hours just up and down. Left for the room to relax about $4000 up for the day.
By the way Borgata comps for Pai Gow are much more generous than Harrahs, usually I end up with $50 or so in comps for a day of playing 2 hands at Borgata, same amount of play at Harrahs would be in the $15-$20 tops.
cestanl
cestanl
  • Threads: 14
October 24th, 2012 at 5:19:46 PM permalink
I just wanted to say thanks to Dan as well. I've had an amazing time playing the game and its nice to not have to worry about a commission.

In fact, ill be playing it tonight at Ameristar in KC before i leave for an east coast flight tomorrow morning :)
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 24th, 2012 at 5:28:39 PM permalink
I haven't played the table yet, but I think there's a new placement at Running Aces in Minnesota. If so, hopefully that'll make Canterbury cave in soon - they already spread EZ bacc.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
October 24th, 2012 at 5:45:01 PM permalink
Guys -
GREAT to hear, just fantastic!

Nothing I love better than a good winning session, and praise for my game! The game is doing very well, very popular, just going gangbusters, and I am very pleased about all this. Thanks for your support!
Dan.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
  • Threads: 30
October 24th, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM permalink
EZ Paigow looks like a winner. Saw it at Borgata and they were putting it in Showboat. Great name too. I hope you got the rights to that name.
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
October 24th, 2012 at 7:48:21 PM permalink
Actually, I have only the patent rights to the game's design; the brand name trademarks are owned by the distributor.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
  • Jump to: