WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
March 13th, 2012 at 11:50:24 AM permalink
Is there anyone interested in any more of my picks? I have shown my skills. Im 2-0 with ease. I did it for fun just because I like competition. I dont really need to prove myself anymore. I always like to leave ahead of the game. peace!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 13th, 2012 at 12:21:32 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Indeed.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
March 14th, 2012 at 12:16:33 PM permalink
Well, here we go. Nothing here. I had the only pick this morning as the Boston Celtics -1. They are now -4 and no longer a pick with that move. So again, no picks today. Just a shame since I was really almost hoping that the losing streak would continue. I think that a long losing streak would tell me more than 50% winners.....
I probably won't be on here once I break the losing streak since at this point I believe something has certainly gotten off the tracks........and I'm back to analyzing what I have.

Anyway, if you have a pick, please post it. I would be interested.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
March 14th, 2012 at 12:32:13 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Well, here we go. Nothing here. I had the only pick this morning as the Boston Celtics -1. They are now -4 and no longer a pick with that move. So again, no picks today. Just a shame since I was really almost hoping that the losing streak would continue. I think that a long losing streak would tell me more than 50% winners.....
I probably won't be on here once I break the losing streak since at this point I believe something has certainly gotten off the tracks........and I'm back to analyzing what I have.

Anyway, if you have a pick, please post it. I would be interested.

Do you consider home dog value?
Or are you strictly stats driven with average scores home and away?
Again over 37% this year.
There are 3 today.
I go with all dogs.
One has to go with NO. LA is tired and knows how to lose to the home dog, especially back to back games.
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
steeldco
steeldco
March 14th, 2012 at 2:06:33 PM permalink
It's stats driven with point values assigned to variables. I had actually started with 25 different variables and then I kind of reverse engineered it (tweaked each variable until I hit a combination that worked to a high %) back testing it, and have it at a point where I use 6 variables, each over 2 different time periods. One is year to date and the other is the most recent 10 day period. The most recent 10 days getting a greater weighting. A winning or losing streak is considered in the final selection. I do not go against a streak, only with one. It was the reverse engineering part that was interesting. I thought that I might be somewhat unique in taking that sort of approach. I thought that I had the right combination to yield a significant win rate. It worked awfully well for a time. What changed? I don't really know.
Still hoping for a big losing streak here...........

Thank you for your time.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 14th, 2012 at 2:30:47 PM permalink
It worked awfully well for a time. What changed? I don't really know.

DUH !!
steeldco
steeldco
March 14th, 2012 at 3:27:11 PM permalink
7craps,

I'm back because it seems that I do have a pick for tonight. It's Philadelphia -1.

I know that it goes against what you had just stated. Your statement is what caused this actually because I couldn't think of who the 3 dogs were that you were referring to. This morning, when I worked thru the numbers, I had Philly as +1. I'm not sure if I just screwed up the data entry or whether the line moved. It's interesting in that, even though the line moved against Philly (assuming it was movement and not my data entry screw up), it made Philly a pick for tonight. The reason being that I choose only Favorites (my system predominantly picks dogs) or home teams (most of which are dogs and fitting what you said above). So Philly moved from dog to favorite and therefore a pick.

Will the losing streak continue? Here's hoping.................
steeldco
steeldco
March 14th, 2012 at 3:53:53 PM permalink
7craps,
Sorry to be a bother..............but you seem to have access to data. Did the Memphis Grizzlies on this past Saturday night (03/10/12) move from being a favorite to a dog by game time by some chance?

Thanks for the help!
steeldco
steeldco
March 14th, 2012 at 4:08:54 PM permalink
7craps,
I found the answer at a website. They closed as 1.5 favorite.

Thanks anyway.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 14th, 2012 at 4:19:54 PM permalink
OK Steeldco, I wasnt around a computer last night to give you my pick but I did actually go with Orlando +4 1/2 at home.. they won outright. I found myself wanting to bet Hoops again since I now have the itch.. thanks.. lol Anyway, it doesn't count with my record with you since I didn't post it, but I picked up a cool 2k with the book.

Tonight, I am going with a 2 team , 4 pt teaser with Miami +5 1/2 and NY -1 1/2. I think NY is ready to kick ass after losing so many lately.. and toronto sucks. The Heat are pissed off from last nights loss... i only like them in the tease with 5 1/2 pts. See you tommorrow at 3-0!
steeldco
steeldco
March 14th, 2012 at 4:27:34 PM permalink
Great! I wish you luck tonight.....but NY? Really? I'm not sure that the team cared for the coach leaving and it doesn't sound like Melo is makin' friends there.

I'll give you last night. You're 3-0 going into tonight...........and I'll come back and catch ya even if I have to resort to having to think about the matchup instead of letting the numbers dictate the action. Sticking to the numbers though, ...I've got to take Philly -1 tonight.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 14th, 2012 at 4:39:55 PM permalink
Philly has been playing very well. Excellent at home.. good on the road until the last quarter. Look for them to have an early lead and hopefully they can close the deal. They have been losing a lot of close ones in the fourth after holding leads throughout the games.

As far as your system goes, Im not sure if you are using statitics, numbers, to caluculate your pics... but if you are , you are doomed. That is a crack of bs if someone is selling you it. I had a buddy last year tell me that he knew some guys that were starting a handicapping service based upon computer generated data and statistics, and algorithms and other bull shit he couldn't pronounce. I told him I would give him 3 weeks of my picks vs theirs... needless to say they won about 25% of their picks... I blew them out of the water. You have to take game by game, follow the teams, understand how they play in certain situations, who they have played lately, when they played, who is hurt, who doesn't give a shit, etc, etc, etc... that is what a good handicapper does. Knowledge + Intuition + Experience = Wins!

Peace out playa.. good luck
7craps
7craps
March 14th, 2012 at 6:04:30 PM permalink

7craps,
I found the answer at a website. They closed as 1.5 favorite.

Thanks anyway.

Hey, I did not get a chance to get back to you earlier.
I use covers.com, but there are many sites out there.
Good you found one.

Today home dogs were IND +1
NO +4
GS +4 ( line at 4.5 now)

I have to agree, picks by stats without knowledge of the game and the teams means nothing and one can still end up worse going by the numbers than by just flipping a coin .
Plus, I never watch the games I bet on.
Just want the final score.
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 4:22:38 AM permalink
Hey Watch,
Very nice win once again. That makes you 4 and 0 now.

I'm strictly on the numbers. No emotions involved here......and yes. I've been accused of smokin' something from time to time. We'll let this play out a little.
I'm feeling kinda good despite the loss..........
Good luck and make sure that you post your pick, if you have one today.
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 4:25:28 AM permalink
7craps,
Thanks. No worries. I should have just looked first before posting to you. Nice 2 out of 3 on the dogs.
Watching the game is great when I can. Usually not enough time other than to catch bits n pieces.
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 4:32:12 AM permalink
Well, well, looky here. I'm now 0 and 5. Who woulda thought that a clown would post a goal of a 75% win rate and end up posting something EVEN BETTER......a 0% win rate. I'm perfect. Perfectly bad I guess......but Perfect! How many more in a row can I lose? The mind spins...

We've got to start thinking about a good nickname. "Loser" would just be too harsh....come on, I'm a decent guy. How about "Mr. Opposite"? Naw.....kinda mundane. "PB" maybe....for "Perfectly Bad". Or my current personal favorite............"Mr. Zero".

Oh yea. One pick tonight.......Denver +1. Let the losing continue.......gimme that streak!
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 4:44:19 AM permalink
One more thing. go Kentucky. I've always hated them, but they're my pick to win it all. Somehow my favorite teams never make the tournament or take early exits.....guess it's that losing rubbing off......
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 15th, 2012 at 7:09:08 AM permalink
Wow!.. Steeldco. You really do stink! lol Your new name is simply 'Mush'. At least you are laughing at yourself and not trying to turn it into negative energy toward others. It will turn around for you... but until then, I wouldn't walk within 100 feet from you on any given day. Ther are back cats, there are broken mirrors, there is Fri the 13th,... and then there is 'Mush' ! lol

Yes, as I have proclaimed I would be, I am undefeated. Perhaps just lucky... Nah, not a chance in hell. Obviously there is something to it. I told you I needed the 4 pts with Miami on the tease... and thats why I teased it. I will take Miami plus 5 1/2 pts any day of the week... even if they just came off a very tough overtime loss the night before on the road.

I will say this though, I will never go against Chicago at home again unless the spread is really high. They are for real. They played great defense, unbelieveable offensive rebounding, and they didn't even have D Rose playing last night.

Tonight, I think I will just fade steeldco... Ill take OC over Denver. Whatever the spread was that you mentioned. It doesn't matter. Im going against Mush! lol This could be your big lucky night, steel. I could have a loss and you could have a win! Good luck!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 15th, 2012 at 7:48:59 AM permalink
I had a "Free Bet" bonus on Bovada that was going to expire in a few days, so I figured I would use it to go against steeldco...no offense bro...hard to argue with that record though.

I have Oklahoma City Thunder -1½ (-105) for "$100" (if I lose, I don't actually lose anything, if I win, I win $95.24 in Bonus money.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 15th, 2012 at 7:54:25 AM permalink
lol... I actually knew a guy who was a big bookie a while back. He said that he started taking bets in college. He had a couple of customers that lost every frikin time they bet. He swore they were just flat out Mush. He decided to start betting some games himself and went agains the customers... in addition to taking their bets, which doesnt make sense to me.. but anyway, he ...................
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 15th, 2012 at 7:57:31 AM permalink
lol.... he made a fortune! hahahaha. I know Mush was hoping for a different ending but thats what happens so his legend states. I just hope you are not betting real money mush, this can get out of hand real quick for you. you are really bad. whatever system you are using, burn it!!! What system are you using anyway?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 15th, 2012 at 8:09:44 AM permalink
Keep using your system, just do the opposite!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 15th, 2012 at 8:55:35 AM permalink
Mush, what state are you in? Id like to take you to the craps table one of these days and bet the don't pass when you shoot! lol
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 9:32:48 AM permalink
No offense taken. Why do you think that I said that I brought something even better than a 75% win rate........with a 0% win rate?
steeldco
steeldco
March 15th, 2012 at 9:35:00 AM permalink
Can't say since the state would probably be asked to secede from the union........
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 16th, 2012 at 6:59:05 AM permalink
Hey Mush, I dont even know what to say anymore... ok, you are HORRIBLE! I lost count at how many losses you have 0 for ?

Yep, Im 5-0. I guess Im just lucky. lol

So , seriously, what system are you talking about. Do you have a statistical, numbers, etc system that someone is promoting? Shoot them! lol

Ive been asked to be a professional handicapper in the past. Maybe I should. Nah, too much bs that goes on with that. Im happy to give fellow WOV members my picks. My book already told me that he is capping me off at a cetain number. I scare him! Love it!
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 16th, 2012 at 6:59:57 AM permalink
Maybe Ill start my own thread with picks. hmmm.....
steeldco
steeldco
March 16th, 2012 at 7:34:02 AM permalink
Alright. My perfect streak continues! I'm now a perfect 0 and 6. How long will this go? Sadly, I imagine it ends tonight. There are 3 picks for tonight.
They are Philly+4, Boston -4.5, and Golden State +1. But if it doesn't end tonight.....if I lose all 3....then Watch, it will be Mr. Mush to you.....LOL
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 16th, 2012 at 8:09:45 AM permalink
You still haven't told me how you are making these picks. Are you using a system? Are you ashamed to expose the system?

Im not sure what you meant by ' if you lose all 3, then it will be Mr. Mush' .. You already are MUSH! For a guy that was bragging that he had a system and that he was no doubt going to hit 75% of his games, then proceeds to go 0-6 when we start monitoring and competing, ....well its comical. lol

I see your strategy tonight.. you are giving us 3 picks. What are the chances of going 0-3 in one night, right? You are hoping to at least hit 1 game so you have a win under your belt. lol That being said, I dont like your picks tonight either... you'll probable go 1-2. btw, philly cannot hang with miami!

I am going with a 2 team , 4 pt teaser with Miami pk and San Antonio +8...
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 16th, 2012 at 9:14:32 AM permalink
Love the game!!!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 16th, 2012 at 9:44:21 AM permalink
5-0 or 0-5 means very little in terms of sports betting. You can go on a tear and win 5 in a row, or lose 5 in a row, but still have a wonderful 60% system.

Of course each result adds to the data points, but 5 results does not a winning tipster make.

If you are a 60% picker, the chance of your next 5 picks being winners is : 7.8%
If you are a 60% picker, the chance of your next 5 picks being losers is : 1.02%

If you are a 50% picker, the chance of your next 5 picks being winners is : 3.1%
If you are a 50% picker, the chance of your next 5 picks being losers is : 3.1%

So I'm saying you are both on the edges right now. And this is just the -next- five. Not the chance of ever picking a 5-streak.

Give me 20-50 picks. Then we can make some estimation on whose the daddy.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 16th, 2012 at 10:14:50 AM permalink
For now, I am the Daddy. 5-0. I rest my case. I was given a challenge earlier this week. I decided to get back into the game and handicap NBA. I got caught up to speed within an hour of studying teams, players, history, travel, momentum, home vs away, injuries, etc, etc. I formulated my best play 5 nights in a row... and my record is now 5-0. You tell me who's daddy.. son? It is not luck... thats all im sayin. Plus Im am up considerably with the book man. There is a margin for luck involved, whether for or against.. but in the long run, as a very wise man on this forum says, its not whether you win or lose, its if you placed the right bet.

I think Ill throw in a nice parlay pick one of these days just to really put the dagger in...

Yours truly,
5-0
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 16th, 2012 at 3:37:15 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Give me 20-50 picks. Then we can make some estimation on whose the daddy.

This can't be emphasized enough.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2012 at 7:15:50 AM permalink
Well , 6-0 ! Taking my book down...in a big way. Its too easy.

Mush... I don't even know what to say. Ill go easy on you. It must be embarrassing enough to go 0-3 again, bringing your total to 0-9 I believe... and to cap it off, all of this after you boasted about how you could easily to 75%.! LMAO This is toooo funny! My stomach hurts Im laughing so hard. They couldn't write this in a script. lol

So tell me now, what is your mathematical system that you were promoting.

To the others... I am DADDY.. Documented 6-0. Steeldco will varify. I backed my talk up... although I didnt really talk other than saying there is skill involved for sure.

I may take the weekend off, got a few casino waitresses coming out tonight with me an the boys. Then play in a poker tourny tomorrow.. I will cash. Gonna have some fun!

Peace...
DanMahowny
DanMahowny
  • Threads: 8
March 17th, 2012 at 7:39:56 AM permalink

Well , 6-0 ! Taking my book down...in a big way. Its too easy.

Congrats on the 6-0! But don't get too cocky- maybe it's too late?

Betcha Vegas would love to book your action. I know I would.
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2012 at 7:53:04 AM permalink
Big Dan! Im not cocky, just confident... and I back my words up. Go through the post and see. Hell, I know there are going to be losses. But at the end of the day, if one does their homework, understands the dynamics of the games, the players, the situations, etc .. and has a history of experience and intuition.. one can come out on top if he/she manages their wagers properly without getting to emotional or greedy.

One day, I will have to organize a trip to Vegas for the forum. It would be good to shoot the shit, have some drinks, and see who can consistently win!
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2012 at 8:53:59 AM permalink
I have a feeling that steeldco will disappear after last nights beating. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't come back.
steeldco
steeldco
March 17th, 2012 at 9:00:30 AM permalink
Phew...the streak is intact. Ah.....nothing like perfection. I am now a "perfect" 0-9. Can this continue? Here's hoping...........
Tonight's picks are Charlotte +2 and the New Jersey Nets -3.
steeldco
steeldco
March 18th, 2012 at 6:20:59 AM permalink
Nooooooooooooo...........damn it!
1 and 1 last night. Now the record stands at 1-10.
The saga will continue. We need to have this play out a bit. Let's see if we can start a new streak.
One pick tonight. It's Atlanta -2.5
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 18th, 2012 at 8:45:01 AM permalink
Whats up Mush? Glad to see you finally got a win... law of averages. Although Im not sure you will ever even out. lol 1-10.. wow! You still keep avoiding what and where you found your mathematical system.. or is was that a lie?... or are you too embarrassed to tell what it is or where it came from?

I did win in craps last night.. in and out with a quick win. I took a 2k bet earlier in the week with NBA.... and now I am up 15k between NBA and craps. Im playing poker today. I am confident I will pick up another couple stacks. If the three (Sports, Craps, and Poker), poker has the greatest probabilities for winning.. it just takes alot of time and patience... so I have to dedicate at least several hours of my day to play the game.

As far as another NBA pick. I looked at the board and dont like it. As I mentioned to you before, a large part of being a winner is management and discipline along with skill and some luck. I will enjoy being up and jump back in when I see something I like. Got to know when to say when.
7craps
7craps
March 18th, 2012 at 2:58:39 PM permalink

Nooooooooooooo...........damn it!
1 and 1 last night. Now the record stands at 1-10.
The saga will continue. We need to have this play out a bit. Let's see if we can start a new streak.
One pick tonight. It's Atlanta -2.5

You are now 2 out if 3 in your last 3 games.
I still think some here want to 'see' your formulas for selecting your winners.

from covers.com today
Preview: Atlanta At Cleveland
PREDICTION: Hawks 103, Cavaliers 89
Preview: Atlanta At Cleveland

Better stat analysis means better results???
FINAL: Hawks 103, Cavaliers 87
ATL -2 Cover: +14
steeldco
steeldco
March 19th, 2012 at 8:43:38 AM permalink
Formulas won't be available.....unless, of course, they prove to be useless.

In any case, I'm now 2 and 10. One pick tonight and that's Charlotte +9.5. It sure seems like Charlotte is a team that comes up alot...........
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 19th, 2012 at 9:18:28 AM permalink
Look on the bright side. If you go 85.9% on your next 88 picks, you will attain 75% Win Rate.
How hard can that be for an acclaimed EXPERT !
thecesspit
thecesspit
March 19th, 2012 at 9:20:05 AM permalink
I don't recall steeldco claiming to be an expert or others acclaiming him to be one...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 19th, 2012 at 10:50:14 AM permalink
Guys, steeldco did not claim to be an expert. He just thought he could go 75% with whatever system he was going to push. It was and is a mess. There are not computer generated, mathematical, statistical, algorithm, etc systems that will work in sports betting... PERIOD.

I am the expert here. My record of 6-0 proves the point. I dont need to bet 50 games to prove my point nor will I. Im too smart for that. Btw, just won another poker tournament too this weekend! Sweet!!! Along with my sports and craps, it has been one hell of a week! Waitresses to add the cherry on top!!

Ill look over games later to see if I want to add to my undefeated record. Meeting the book man tomorrow!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 19th, 2012 at 2:32:36 PM permalink

I am the expert here. My record of 6-0 proves the point. I dont need to bet 50 games to prove my point nor will I. Im too smart for that.

Yes, you do. Do you understand statistics? Sample size? 6 games is a microscopic sample size. 50 games would be getting somewhere. With even-money point spread bets, the probability of picking 6 winners randomly is (1/2)^6, or .015625, or about 1.6%. Yeah it's not very likely, but to PROVE that you can beat the house vig on point spread bets, you need to pick a lot more games. Why would you not continue to post your picks here? There's no harm to it and you seem to post here every day anyway. Afraid of seeing a few losses on your record? No one can be 100%.
thecesspit
thecesspit
March 19th, 2012 at 2:39:04 PM permalink
I wouldn't go to a laser eye surgeon who said "6 successful operations". I wouldn't take a gambler who said "I won the last 6 hands, so I'm an expert".

6 wins is not proof of expertise. It might be a nice little run. It might be proof of a larger skill at sports picks. It might mean people should at least start as a filter to listen to 'em.

I'm more interested though in people who would give 50 picks, and keep at it, even if they only get 26/50, rather than someone who picks 6, says point proven and then walks away.

Even someone who picks 90% of the time correctly would only get the next 6 right 50% of the time.
steeldco
steeldco
March 20th, 2012 at 4:10:02 AM permalink
Well, Charlotte getting massacred last night means that my record now stands at 2 and 11. The past few days have been a real mixed bag. I kinda like clarity. Gimme a damn streak.....winning or losing.

One pick tonight. It's Oklahoma City -5.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 20th, 2012 at 4:19:32 AM permalink

Well, Charlotte getting massacred last night means that my record now stands at 2 and 11. The past few days have been a real mixed bag. I kinda like clarity. Gimme a damn streak.....winning or losing.

One pick tonight. It's Oklahoma City -5.

I was tentative to pick against you since you now have 2 wins, but was gonna do it with the winnings of my free bonus bet above. For some reason Bovada isn't booking any action on this game though. Not sure why, I haven't placed a lot of sports bets on Bovada. Oh well, I'll wait for the next opportunity.
steeldco
steeldco
March 20th, 2012 at 7:48:40 AM permalink
That's odd that they're not taking anything on the game........but Good Luck if you get it in!
  • Jump to: