3 votes (23.07%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
June 1st, 2011 at 12:13:17 PM permalink
I don't know if there are a lot of hockey fans on this site but there must be some sports gamblers.

I'm not really a sports gambler at all myself but I do have a $2,500 freeroll on the Canucks if they win. In my opinion the Canucks are ahead in every category apart from size and (possibly) goaltending. It seems like most "experts" are calling for a Canucks win in 5 or 6 games but I suppose that many of those "experts" might be from the West so it could be a little biased.

So, who do you like? I'm taking Canucks in 5 for 2 reasons. First, I'd like to see them win on home ice and I don't want it to go to 7 games so 5 games works for me. Second, I had a dream last night that they won in 5. Meh, you never know.

Vote for your choice and just so we can see who really knows their stuff (bragging rights), tell us who you picked, how many games and the total score for the final game. 4-2 Vancouver in game 5.
Happiness is underrated
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
June 1st, 2011 at 12:31:36 PM permalink
Canucks in 6.

Two reasons. Sedin and Sedin
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 1st, 2011 at 1:35:37 PM permalink
Unexpected injuries hurt Canucks, Bruins win game 6, 3-2.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 1st, 2011 at 2:19:15 PM permalink
Nucks in 4. They beat the Hawks in 7, Preds in 6, Sharks in 5. Obviously they win the final in 4.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
June 1st, 2011 at 2:28:08 PM permalink
I'll be rooting for the Bruins, but for mostly emotional reasons --- Vancouver eliminated my Predators. I'm also a bit tired of Luongo hype...I think he's a good goaltender with excellent defense in front of him, but the HNIC crowd has been crowing about him like he's the second coming of Terry Sawchuck.

With regards to the rest of the team, I think the Preds may have shown the best way to go at them: shut down the twins and make the rest of the team beat you. Unfortunately, Kesler did just that, though against a severely offensively-challenged team.

By the way, what does Vancouver think of a five o'clock faceoff? NBC twisting Bettman's arm?
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 1st, 2011 at 2:38:35 PM permalink
Vancouver thinks it's a wonderful excuse to bug off home early!

I've been ragging on the Sieve in the pipes at the Canucks for ages. Get in his face, mask him and unsettle him and he'll let things in he shouldn't. Pepper him at distance and he'll throw up a wall all day long. Until he might just get a shut out then let one in in the last 120 seconds.

He's very good. He's just not the whole nine yards that every Nucklehead in town wants to worship.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
June 1st, 2011 at 2:45:41 PM permalink
And what's the status on the Green Guys? I noticed they were conspicuously absent for a few games in the San Jose series. Did the league or team put some restrictions on them besides staying off the glass? I did notice that a few weeks back the reliably outspoken Glenn Healy had to back off his criticism of them somewhat.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 1st, 2011 at 5:06:56 PM permalink
Bruins in 7 Last game 3 - 2 Bruins, in Vancouver.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 1st, 2011 at 5:12:08 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

And what's the status on the Green Guys? I noticed they were conspicuously absent for a few games in the San Jose series. Did the league or team put some restrictions on them besides staying off the glass? I did notice that a few weeks back the reliably outspoken Glenn Healy had to back off his criticism of them somewhat.

I don't know the status of any restrictions on their penalty box antics, but I got to give the Green Guys props for originality. I'm just not sure in this day and age, how they can get away with wearing a mask in a very public arena. I would think security would have some concerns...

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
thecesspit
thecesspit
June 1st, 2011 at 6:20:26 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bruins in 7 Last game 3 - 2 Bruins, in Vancouver.

If it goes that way, expect riots on the streets again... (shakes head)
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
June 1st, 2011 at 8:17:27 PM permalink
One game down, three to go. Good game, nice finish.
Happiness is underrated
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 1st, 2011 at 8:35:50 PM permalink
Stanley Cup Finals begin<<<<

Are the ponds still frozen enough to play? The ice must be very thin...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Kelmo
Kelmo
  • Threads: 6
June 1st, 2011 at 10:03:17 PM permalink
i have an 8-1 ticket from the Monte Carlo on the Canucks, which is looking pretty good. The canucks didn't play that well today and still won. When they play up to their full level, Boston will have no chance.
  • Jump to: