Kelmo
Kelmo
  • Threads: 6
May 30th, 2011 at 11:58:43 PM permalink
I was watching a local (Canadian) sports show and they said that the odds for Hendrick Sedin to win the Conn Smythe (Playoff MVP) is 6 to 1. Can anyone confirm this? That's pretty good odds for this player.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 31st, 2011 at 12:05:53 AM permalink
Quote: Kelmo

I was watching a local (Canadian) sports show and they said that the odds for Hendrick Sedin to win the Conn Smythe (Playoff MVP) is 6 to 1. Can anyone confirm this? That's pretty good odds for this player.

Bodog has 23/4 for Henrik, 9/1 for Dan. Kesler is 27/20, which is where my money would go if I had to choose. He's carried the Canucks through their tough games. The field is 14-1, which includes Alex Burrows, who might be worth a thought.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Kelmo
Kelmo
May 31st, 2011 at 12:44:42 AM permalink
Canucks are my team and Kesler would be the favorite. But I think there's value to betting Hank, becasue he's leading the scoring race. Typically, the top scorer on the team (unless the goalie or defenceman wins) wins the conn smythe. Also, Kesler was injured late in the SJ series, so I'm not sure if he can keep the pace up for another series. Henrick will probably win the scoring race, especially if they get a lot of power plays.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 31st, 2011 at 4:01:34 AM permalink
What's Tim Thomas' odds?
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
May 31st, 2011 at 7:39:33 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

What's Tim Thomas' odds?

Timmy who???? he he
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 31st, 2011 at 12:01:21 PM permalink
Quote: Kelmo

Canucks are my team and Kesler would be the favorite. But I think there's value to betting Hank, becasue he's leading the scoring race. Typically, the top scorer on the team (unless the goalie or defenceman wins) wins the conn smythe. Also, Kesler was injured late in the SJ series, so I'm not sure if he can keep the pace up for another series. Henrick will probably win the scoring race, especially if they get a lot of power plays.

I've taken the 'nucks in 4. They are my local team, but I have Red Wings pennants above my desk.... but I do think they are big favourites to win this quickly and I liked the odds. 5 games would have been my insurance bet.

Your right though, Henrik has plenty of value at 6-1. Couple of big 3 point games and he can get it. Kesler gets it if it runs close and he makes the key plays.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Kelmo
Kelmo
May 31st, 2011 at 2:49:46 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I've taken the 'nucks in 4. They are my local team, but I have Red Wings pennants above my desk.... but I do think they are big favourites to win this quickly and I liked the odds. 5 games would have been my insurance bet.

Your right though, Henrik has plenty of value at 6-1. Couple of big 3 point games and he can get it. Kesler gets it if it runs close and he makes the key plays.

I have a feeling they may use Kesler to shut down Krejci's line, so this would put him in a defensive role, similar to the Chicago series where he shut down Toews. This would take him out of an offensive role, but there would be a couple of things i would worry about for in taking Henrick: He only has 2 goals, with most of his points coming from assists. The hockey writers pick the conn smythe and there's been a lot of buzz on Kesler after the Nashville series (will they forget? and what if he shuts down Boston's top line?).

I think he's (Kesler) at 1.35-1 to win, which i don't think is good value. The losing team is rarely awarded the Conn, which means not only does Kesler need to be the top choice, the Canucks need to win as well. The way I see it, if the canucks win, it will be between Kesler and Henrick (the latter with a better price).
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
June 16th, 2011 at 4:47:52 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

What's Tim Thomas' odds?

Easy W on that Conn Smythe bet. Good job Bruins!
  • Jump to: