Poll

11 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

11 members have voted

jsantee97
jsantee97
  • Threads: 5
May 9th, 2011 at 1:43:15 PM permalink
Will Animal Kingdom win the Tripple Crown. Odds are on NO (-1000) but I don't have the courage to bet enought to win any significant amount.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 9th, 2011 at 6:30:37 PM permalink
A better question is: Is +800 or whatever, a good bet on Animal Kingdom to win the triple crown? I would say the answer is still no. -1000 is probably a decent bet for him not to win the triple crown. He's 20% max to win each race, so 1-10 is pretty safe.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
May 9th, 2011 at 7:56:37 PM permalink
It's been 33 years since a triple crown winner, so the odds are definitely against him. 18 Horses have won 2 of the 3 races in that period.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
nullzero00
nullzero00
  • Threads: 1
May 10th, 2011 at 6:48:51 PM permalink
horses are too pampered these days, owners are too interested in breeding fees than the triple crown, and the overbreeding of horses has resulted in a lot of imperfections being overly passed down from one generation to the next, resulting in more fragile horses.

it seems like more and more horses get injured every year going into the tripe crown races, and more and more frequently, owners aren't willing to race the Derby winner in one or both of the other two races, or they have to "think about it
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
May 10th, 2011 at 6:58:10 PM permalink
Quote: nullzero00

horses are too pampered these days, owners are too interested in breeding fees than the triple crown, and the overbreeding of horses has resulted in a lot of imperfections being overly passed down from one generation to the next, resulting in more fragile horses.

it seems like more and more horses get injured every year going into the tripe crown races, and more and more frequently, owners aren't willing to race the Derby winner in one or both of the other two races, or they have to "think about it

The last Derby winner to skip the Preakness was Grindstone in '96 (that was an injury). It's exceptionally UNCOMMON for a Derby winner to skip the Preakness. Yes, they might skip the Belmont if they lose the Preakness, but that doesn't diminish a Triple Crown chance. I disagree that "more and more frequently owners aren't willing..." With all the attention, you CAN'T skip Baltimore if you win Louisville.
  • Jump to: