odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 27th, 2011 at 12:02:47 PM permalink
Most of my sports betting is private, just placed some. [edit: *all* of my sports betting is private]

thought I would look at Bodog lines, the sort of thing I am unused to, and got a surprise. This changes as you look at it btw. But the Canadian line would seem to be the opposite of the moneyline [one is negative and one is positive] for the same bet. what the? I guess I don't understand what I am looking at?

http://sports.bodog.com/sports-betting/nhl-hockey.jsp to check it out
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 27th, 2011 at 1:07:16 PM permalink
I believe the "Canadian Line" is plus/minus 1.5 goals so basically they are saying it is going to be a 1 goal game and if you give the underdog 1.5 goals, they become the favorite.....I think.....
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 28th, 2011 at 3:19:42 AM permalink
"mouse-over" gave some clue I finally realized, but still not clear. You have the best guess I think. The link doesnt connect to anything active at the moment. Thanks.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
April 28th, 2011 at 11:22:00 AM permalink
I've always heard that referred to as the Puck Line. There's an explanation here.

[edit: Go Preds!]
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 28th, 2011 at 1:57:14 PM permalink
thanks, that nails it now.

It's nice to the the Predators in the mix but Go Caps!

PS: uh oh looks like the Predators are up against Vancouver!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 28th, 2011 at 2:29:26 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

thanks, that nails it now.

It's nice to the the Predators in the mix but Go Caps!

PS: uh oh looks like the Predators are up against Vancouver!

Yeah, I think the Canucks should be okay versus the Predators. We'll see. This town is about to get a little crazy...

I'm more interested in the Sharks/Wings match up, though. That should be a good series, though I'd prefer another 4-0 Wings sweep.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 28th, 2011 at 2:55:40 PM permalink
I am a Ducks fan, so will be watching from sidelines, but I think Wings will crush the Sharks.

Niemi will be exposed and the Sharks will again be left wondering how they would have done if they could just get some quality goaltending. The Zetterberg addition in round 2 is going to make the Wings way too much for the Sharks to handle. Wings in 5!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 28th, 2011 at 3:57:42 PM permalink
The caps should be able to win vs Tampa, which as great talent but no depth. One possible problem: tampa goalie is hot!
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 28th, 2011 at 8:00:40 PM permalink
I am more of a Western Conference person, but I would definitely not count Tampa out in this series. The Caps aren't known for playoff success.
  • Jump to: