thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 14th, 2011 at 8:30:31 AM permalink
Or whatever this week is called.

Nothing excites me this week as much as the +11 Seahawks did last week. I'd -like- a Packers/Seahawks Conference game, as I'd probably get to Seattle to watch it, but for actual good football, the Falcons should be involved next week. But -10 Bears is a big jump. And BoDog aren't offering a money line on that game, else I'd probably take it at around +350 (as someone elsewhere observed).

Pats/Jets at -9 Pats is also interesting given the recent history, but things change in the playoffs. I don't think the Jets D is up to the job of stopping the Pats though, so will keep an eye on this line closer to game day (will take at -9, -110 if I can get it).

Steelers/Ravens. I love watching the Ravens defence play, and versus the hardnosed Steelers Offence, this will be a 'war'. Ravens +3 (Evens) is booked.

Finally Green Bay/Atlanta. I've liked much about the Falcons this year. They've got it done quietly and efficiently. Matt Ryan is posed and he's got a great cast around him. It's the sort of balanced team that should do well, and I don't see the Packers managing to set their Running game free this week like did last week versus a banged up Philly. Falcons, -3 (+115) Booked.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
January 14th, 2011 at 9:58:10 AM permalink
You may have not seen my post on this in the thread that missed & honored me while I was gone, then welcomed me when I returned. I said all the home teams were going to win and I put $500 on each game @ -110, giving up the points in each case.

I believe the biggest joke and this week's SURE THING LOCK-OF-THE-WEEK is the NE/NYJ line. If the Bears, who got absolutely humiliated in their own building by the Pats, are just an 10 point favorite over a hapless team like the Seahawks (who beat a NO team that had less of a right being there than they did) then how on earth are the Patriots just an 8.5 favorite over a team they steamrolled even worse than the Bears?

You know what cesspit? I just talked myself into putting another $1000 on that game, and I just did! Thank you for inspiring me to get the JL diesel-powered brain firing on all cylinders this morning!
thecesspit
thecesspit
January 14th, 2011 at 10:19:42 AM permalink
I saw some of your picks, but I forgot what they all were.

If you wanna detail them here to keep them out of the morass of barking on your return, feel free.

I'm surprised you run on diesel though... I didn't like the Jets/Pats line at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think there's a lot of hot air and hype coming from the boys in Green.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 14th, 2011 at 10:35:13 AM permalink
Common sense says the Pats, Falcons and Bears should win, with Baltimore at Pitt being a close call. But common sense said the Saints should have had a light workout while working Seattle over. Playoffs are different. Oh, and during the regular season the Seahawks beat the Bears.

BTW have they found the Saints' defense yet?

Trivia, for the first time both Divisional playoffs in one conference, the AFC in this case, are being played between divisional rivals.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
January 14th, 2011 at 10:53:52 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I saw some of your picks, but I forgot what they all were.

If you wanna detail them here to keep them out of the morass of barking on your return, feel free.

I'm surprised you run on diesel though... I didn't like the Jets/Pats line at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think there's a lot of hot air and hype coming from the boys in Green.

I finally located it from the other thread. I should have used that paranoid paulewog to do the search-and-post for me:) Wait, now he'll spend all day and night looking for similar phrases I said as banjojerry that contradict my sportsbetting prowess!

Pitts. -3 over Balt
Atl -2 over GB
Chi -10 over Sea (If I lose one game I hope it's this one, IF Seattle wins)
NE -8.5 over NYJ (are you kidding me?)

Each game has a $500 bet, and all are -110. (except the NE/NYJ game, which is now $1500)

It's gonna be a grand slam for the home teams this weekend.
thecesspit
thecesspit
January 15th, 2011 at 11:41:23 AM permalink
I've skipped on the Seahawks +350 in the end. Decided that 7/2 is still too short, the Seahawks played a napping defence, and still got points put up against them. Can they win? Yes... but it's unlikely.

NE line still hasn't slipped on Bodog... damn their eyes.
  • Jump to: