tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
July 31st, 2024 at 4:01:31 PM permalink
I watched some of the dressage. Those animals are truly beautiful. I have no clue how the event is scored, but for me it was just WOW.

The pool is a standard Olympic (swimming) pool that is 7 feet deep throughout. While the sport continues to evolve, there will be years of competition that just do not rise to continuous WR's. Physiology, size, strength, training techniques, and science will continue their slow evolution until the upper limits of performance are eventually reached. The shorter the race; the sooner those limits of human endeavor will be reached ultimately. Those points are unknown.

tuttigym
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
Hunterhill
July 31st, 2024 at 4:48:54 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Pan Zhanle of China
Wow
100m Men's freestyle
Destroyed the field winning by a full second
Lowers his WR by .40 seconds
Incredible performance
link to original post

Has his drug test come back yet? I believe I read that China recently had 23 swimmers test positive for doping.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 94
July 31st, 2024 at 5:25:30 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Pan Zhanle of China
Wow
100m Men's freestyle
Incredible performance
link to original post

Has his drug test come back yet? I believe I read that China recently had 23 swimmers test positive for doping.
link to original post

Such an incredibly dominating performance, no doubt some are wondering. He won by a whole second in such a short race. I looked it up. Hasn't happened in the Olympics since 1928 that a mens 100m freestyle was won by a whole second. It's usually tiny fractions of a second that win a gold. He also broke his world record by .40 second which is also incredible. Last 19 world records in this event were by smaller margins then .40 second.
On the flip side
He's only 19 years old
Wasn't implicated in any testing scandal
Those were older swimmers that raced in Tokyo that tested positive
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
July 31st, 2024 at 8:27:55 PM permalink
I watched Guatemala win its first gold medal. It was in women's trap shooting. Only took 120 years or something like that.
Sanitized for Your Protection
terapined
terapined
July 31st, 2024 at 10:21:40 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I watched Guatemala win its first gold medal. It was in women's trap shooting. Only took 120 years or something like that.
link to original post

On the flip side
The USA sucks at shooting
Amazing, the land of guns can't shoot straight
YoungBobbyby
YoungBobbyby
  • Threads: 0
August 1st, 2024 at 5:59:13 AM permalink
Hey everyone! That's an interesting observation about the race. I watched it too, and the conditions were definitely challenging with the rain. The incident with the coach pushing the bike caught my eye as well. In most cycling events, outside assistance is indeed against the rules, unless it's in a designated assistance zone. However, sometimes the rules can be a bit tricky, especially in situations where safety is a concern. I wonder if there might be some allowance for quick safety interventions. Still, it's surprising that the announcers didn't mention it.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
August 1st, 2024 at 9:40:27 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Watched women’s bicycle time trial race. It was rainy and slick. USA gold medal favorite goes down. Gets up quickly. Starts pedaling WITH A MAN PUSHING THE BACK OF THE BIKE! No mention of it by the announcers. Pretty sure he was a USA coach of some sort. She ends up with the bronze.

I would like to think such a race would have a strict policy against outside assistance.
link to original post

All bikers get outside assistance in the tour de France
Watch whenever somebody in a car hands something to a biker
link to original post

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they do that during a time trial. I can (sort of) understand handing a water bottle to a rider. I think it’s way different than pushing the rider. I’d also bet there is no pushing in the bike part of triathlons.
link to original post

I didn’t watch it live but I found the video. The guy pushing Chloe Dygert after her crash would have been the USA team mechanic. Even in a time trial it’s typical, after a crash, for the mechanic to help the rider with a push after he attends to the bike and the cyclist remounts. In this case the bike didn’t need any attention from the mechanic. He jumped out of the team car and came running as soon as she went down in case he was needed. No advantage in crashing in order to get a push.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
rxwine
rxwine
August 1st, 2024 at 10:53:56 AM permalink

Quote: DRich

Pan Zhanle of China
Wow
100m Men's freestyle
Incredible performance
link to original post

link to original post

Such an incredibly dominating performance, no doubt some are wondering. He won by a whole second in such a short race. I looked it up. Hasn't happened in the Olympics since 1928 that a mens 100m freestyle was won by a whole second. It's usually tiny fractions of a second that win a gold. He also broke his world record by .40 second which is also incredible. Last 19 world records in this event were by smaller margins then .40 second.
On the flip side
He's only 19 years old
Wasn't implicated in any testing scandal
Those were older swimmers that raced in Tokyo that tested positive
link to original post

story here on why it’s unusual.

https://apple.news/Ac8d8dHY3Tj6_JgSTpF6eNw

Must have a butt-hole propellor.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 11
Thanked by
ams288
August 1st, 2024 at 11:37:57 AM permalink
Just watched the all around gymnastics finals. Biles with the Gold and Suni Lee with the Bronze. Both coming back from illness to make the podium.

With respect to Biles' floor routine, she looks like she gets twice as much air on her tumbling passes than anyone else. The chick must have springs in her legs. You could tell, just after the first tumbling pass, that there is Simone Biles...and everyone else. The difference was that stark.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 1st, 2024 at 12:22:07 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

Just watched the all around gymnastics finals. Biles with the Gold and Suni Lee with the Bronze. Both coming back from illness to make the podium.

With respect to Biles' floor routine, she looks like she gets twice as much air on her tumbling passes than anyone else. The chick must have springs in her legs. You could tell, just after the first tumbling pass, that there is Simone Biles...and everyone else. The difference was that stark.
link to original post

She generates so much linear speed that when she converts it to vertical takeoff, it is extraordinary. The term is called "block." That is when she punches the floor at takeoff. The timing is highly critical. All the most difficult tumbling passes require the "blocking" skill to achieve maximum elevation. There is more, but it is too much in the weeds.

tuttigym
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 1st, 2024 at 12:37:55 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

link to original post

She generates so much linear speed that when she converts it to vertical takeoff, it is extraordinary. The term is called "block." That is when she punches the floor at takeoff. The timing is highly critical. All the most difficult tumbling passes require the "blocking" skill to achieve maximum elevation. There is more, but it is too much in the weeds.

tuttigym
link to original post

I chalk it up to her smaller stature (less mass to propel), shorter stride length therefore less runway needed to get to full speed and her overall pocket rocket musculature, especially in her truck and legs.

I've never been on a gymnastics floor, but I wonder how it compares to the sprung floors in judo competition...
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 1st, 2024 at 1:10:10 PM permalink
Urgent care and ER gotta get a lot of people trying stupid stuff during the Olympics
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 1st, 2024 at 1:11:51 PM permalink
I’ve been a Simone Biles fan since she first came onto the scene in 2013.

To say these Olympics are bittersweet would be an understatement.

Today’s uneven bar routine was probably the last one she will ever do in competition. I can only assume she will be retiring after this week.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
rawtuff
August 3rd, 2024 at 12:12:04 PM permalink
4X400 mixed track and field
What an incredible race
Netherlands takes gold
Incredible strong kick at the end just dominating passing 3 runners
terapined
terapined
August 3rd, 2024 at 1:01:16 PM permalink
Algerian Woman boxer Imane Khelif clinches Olympic medal
She's a WOMAN
For some weird reason, she has gotten a lot of hate regarding suspicions she is transgender
WTF
She's a female boxer.
FEMALE
Just as female as Ilona Maher who goes beast mode in Rugby sevens
IntelligentMang
IntelligentMang
  • Threads: 1
August 3rd, 2024 at 1:11:22 PM permalink

She's a WOMAN
For some weird reason, she has gotten a lot of hate regarding suspicions she is transgender
WTF
She's a female boxer.
FEMALE
link to original post

So they are not saying "she" is genetic a woman. They refer to "her" passport, lived as a woman etc.

Genetically she is fucked up with male chromosomes and a vagina. This is why she looks like a man and has a man's body. "He" is the victim of a rare genetic screw up
terapined
terapined
August 3rd, 2024 at 1:23:03 PM permalink
Quote: IntelligentMang

She's a WOMAN
WTF
She's a female boxer.
FEMALE
link to original post

So they are not saying "she" is genetic a woman. They refer to "her" passport, lived as a woman etc.

Genetically she is fucked up with male chromosomes and a vagina. This is why she looks like a man and has a man's body. "He" is the victim of a rare genetic screw up
link to original post

Can you cite proof of test results
Are you going by hearsay which is meaningless BS
Or
Are you referring to actual test results?????????
She's a Woman
Born a Woman
Is a Woman
I believe Ilana Maher is a woman
Woman can go beast mode
IntelligentMang
IntelligentMang
August 3rd, 2024 at 1:30:56 PM permalink

She's a WOMAN
WTF
She's a female boxer.
FEMALE
link to original post

link to original post

Or
She's a Woman
Born a Woman
Is a Woman
Woman can go beast mode
link to original post

The Head of the IBA who disqualified both said they had the XY chromosomes not XX. They notified the IOC in 2023.

The athlete has never denied or provided anything suggesting it wasn't true. Just "it's a conspiracy"

Never sued to get her title or medal back that was striped from him.

terapined
terapined
August 3rd, 2024 at 1:43:04 PM permalink

She's a WOMAN
WTF
She's a female boxer.
FEMALE
link to original post

link to original post

Or
She's a Woman
Born a Woman
Is a Woman
Woman can go beast mode
link to original post

The Head of the IBA who disqualified both said they had the XY chromosomes not XX. They notified the IOC in 2023.

The athlete has never denied or provided anything suggesting it wasn't true. Just "it's a conspiracy"

Never sued to get her title or medal back that was striped from him.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/paris-2024-summer-olympics/olympics-boxing-imane-khalif-xy-chromosome-italian-boxer-quit/5662035/
link to original post

You believe Umar Kremlev of Russia
ROTFL
Russia ain't in the Olympics
Do you know why??????????????????
They cheat and lie about everything
How about the test results
Why aren't the test results released.
I want to see test results. I don't believe Jack that comes out of Russia regarding sports
You believe Russia. Lol. The entire world doesn't and that's why they are not in the Olympics
It's really shocking people will believe a Russian smear with no evidence except hearsay. If Russia says it, you believe. Lol
Logic dictates not believing Russian hearsay and ask to see the actual test results before making accusations
Last edited by: terapined on Aug 3, 2024
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 123
August 3rd, 2024 at 7:24:48 PM permalink
I don’t think he/she would deny that his/her chromosomes are XY. Just that the person has external genitalia that are female. And has been raised as a female. This is NOT a transgender issue where a male has surgery to change his outward appearance to that of a female. I can easily understand this boxer considering herself as a female, but I can also understand why the boxing commissions did not.
I think if you have an XY chromosome set you should not be welcome in female only events or teams.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 3rd, 2024 at 8:28:43 PM permalink
Has her genotype or karyotype been publicly disclosed?

Let's assume she is XY, but with a disorder of sexual development. Could an accommodation be made, allowing her to compete if she takes medication to lower testosterone levels below a certain threshold for certain period of time, like track and field does?

I mean, she isn't fully male, and isn't fully female. Surely we can find a place for her in international sporting competition, with certain treatments?
IntelligentMang
IntelligentMang
August 3rd, 2024 at 9:07:24 PM permalink

Let's assume she is XY, but with a disorder of sexual development. Could an accommodation be made, allowing her to compete if she takes medication to lower testosterone levels below a certain threshold for certain period of time, like track and field does?

I mean, she isn't fully male, and isn't fully female. Surely we can find a place for her in international sporting competition, with certain treatments?
link to original post

Genetically he is male. That impacts muscle strength, bone density etc. Not much different than getting the twig and berries cut off.

After puberty all those differences kick in.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 3rd, 2024 at 10:17:28 PM permalink

link to original post

Genetically he is male. That impacts muscle strength, bone density etc. Not much different than getting the twig and berries cut off.

link to original post

I strongly suggest you read up on DSD.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ams288
August 4th, 2024 at 2:04:17 AM permalink
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
August 4th, 2024 at 4:09:42 AM permalink
No way! In peak training phases, Phelps swims minimum 80,000 meters a week, which is nearly 50 miles. He practices twice a day, sometimes more if he's training at altitude. Phelps trains for around five to six hours a day at six days a week.
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
August 4th, 2024 at 7:14:10 AM permalink

What an incredible race
Netherlands takes gold
link to original post

Don't beat yourself up over past mistakes, you are going to f*** up again in the future, quite possibly in the most spectacular fashion, why worry about yesterday's f*** up's when you have tomorrow's f*** up's to look forward to? You are a f*** up, and f***** up is part of your growth process, embrace the process.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 4th, 2024 at 8:58:59 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

What an incredible race
Netherlands takes gold
link to original post

link to original post

At least she didn't trip, like last time...
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 4th, 2024 at 9:55:37 AM permalink
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_DmZIO7s3AM

Hell of a way to foul out...

youtube.com/watch?v=_DmZIO7s3AMhttps://www.youtube.com/shorts/_DmZIO7s3AM
terapined
terapined
August 4th, 2024 at 11:09:54 AM permalink

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_DmZIO7s3AM

Hell of a way to foul out...

youtube.com/watch?v=_DmZIO7s3AMhttps://www.youtube.com/shorts/_DmZIO7s3AM
link to original post

?????
Knocked the bar off with the shins and knees 1st
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
August 4th, 2024 at 1:29:59 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

What an incredible race
Netherlands takes gold
link to original post

link to original post

3 day suspension from the forum for profanity. Please read the forum rules and be familiar with them.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
terapined
terapined
August 5th, 2024 at 7:10:36 AM permalink
Tiny St Lucia goes nuts over winning the women's 100m gold

terapined
terapined
August 5th, 2024 at 7:37:25 AM permalink
Love this pic
terapined
terapined
August 5th, 2024 at 8:12:46 AM permalink
Men's 100m final
Talk about a close race
terapined
terapined
August 5th, 2024 at 9:34:37 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

You have seen test results??????????????
Russian hearsay don't mean jack
How can you determine she is a male without test results
Are you using the vision test
A lot of those women Rugby players are bigger then that boxer.
You put that female boxer on a field with women Rugby players, she's probably the least masculine looking player
Have you seen Ilona Maher go beast mode
All woman and all beast
Way way way more muscular then that female boxer
terapined
terapined
August 5th, 2024 at 12:56:03 PM permalink
Mens Pole vault gold medal winner Sweden
He hasn't missed a jump
Seems he cleared the gold medal height by a foot
Not even close to the bar
The gold medal winner has the right to go again
Went for Olympic record after already winning gold
Clears height easily
Incredible
He is now going for the world record

Added edit
He missed the world record
His only miss
Has the right to 2 more tries if he wants to

Added edit
He missed again. So close. Has huge height to clear, just not perfect form
Looks like he's gonna try again
Very exciting

Added edit
He did it
World record
Incredible
Last edited by: terapined on Aug 5, 2024
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
August 5th, 2024 at 6:58:41 PM permalink
FYI
€126k Olympic bike
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2024-olympic-track-bike-prices
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 123
Thanked by
Calder
August 6th, 2024 at 7:02:17 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

You put that female boxer on a field with women Rugby players, she's probably the least masculine looking player
All woman and all beast
link to original post

Have you seen the test results? Of course not. Since she doesn’t have to show them per IOC rules, you will NEVER see them. It doesn’t take much to connect the dots. Born with external female parts. Raised as a girl. If it wasn’t for her choice to be involved in a sport at the highest level she’d just be a very masculine looking woman. No biggie; there are plenty of them around. If she is XY, which given all we know I’d say is certainly over 90% certain, I think she should not be able to compete against XX women. Just like I don’t think men who transition to female should be able to compete against XX women.

You keep skirting the subject saying ‘we don’t know’. Well let’s say they test and she is XY. Where do you stand then?
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2024 at 8:08:02 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

All woman and all beast
link to original post

Have you seen the test results? Of course not. Since she doesn’t have to show them per IOC rules, you will NEVER see them.

Why do you say never
Umar Kremlev, the head of the international boxing association has the test results
Right now all we have is hearsay
Umar Kremlev could release the test results and we can see for ourselves.
The decision to release the actual test results is Umar Kremlev's decision
The boxer has absolutely no power in determining if the test results will be released
Until I see actual test results, I will not bully her with speculation
Without the Russian hearsay, nobody would be talking about her. Just another olympic athlete gifted with extreme physical abilities.
rxwine
rxwine
August 6th, 2024 at 11:24:37 AM permalink

Men's 100m final
Talk about a close race

link to original post

Looks like the 64 men final. (I was going to joke 100, but on this forum, I’d probably get shade for not counting)
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 6th, 2024 at 12:03:43 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

All woman and all beast
link to original post

Have you seen the test results? Of course not. Since she doesn’t have to show them per IOC rules, you will NEVER see them. It doesn’t take much to connect the dots. Born with external female parts. Raised as a girl. If it wasn’t for her choice to be involved in a sport at the highest level she’d just be a very masculine looking woman. No biggie; there are plenty of them around. If she is XY, which given all we know I’d say is certainly over 90% certain, I think she should not be able to compete against XX women. Just like I don’t think men who transition to female should be able to compete against XX women.

You keep skirting the subject saying ‘we don’t know’. Well let’s say they test and she is XY. Where do you stand then?
link to original post

I am disappointed at the seeming lack of research on this issue. The IOC has long since moved away from genetic tests alone to determne gender or suitability for eligibility for participation in female events. That is yesterday's, previous generation science. Sports federations and the IOC use hormone testing.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 6th, 2024 at 1:30:29 PM permalink

He hasn't missed a jump
Clears height easily
Incredible

Added edit
His only miss

Added edit
Very exciting

Added edit
He did it
World record
Incredible
link to original post

In the early 60's, I believe the world PV record was 15' plus.

At a NCAA sanctioned track meet a participant soared over the bar at 18'2". The meet officials huddled quickly and disqualified participant and disallowed the new WR.

Why? (Any guesses? Wizard?)

tuttigym
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2024 at 2:28:40 PM permalink

He hasn't missed a jump
Clears height easily
Incredible

Added edit
His only miss

Added edit
Very exciting

Added edit
He did it
World record
Incredible
link to original post

At a NCAA sanctioned track meet a participant soared over the bar at 18'2". The meet officials huddled quickly and disqualified participant and disallowed the new WR.

tuttigym
link to original post

I'm interested in looking into this
Can you give anymore information on this incident
I can't find it
I'm guessing a rule was broken
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 6th, 2024 at 3:29:17 PM permalink

He hasn't missed a jump
Clears height easily
Incredible

Added edit
His only miss

Added edit
Very exciting

Added edit
He did it
World record
Incredible
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

I can't find it
link to original post

Give it a little time. Sort of an "easy math puzzle." Wizard?

tuttigym
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2024 at 3:47:54 PM permalink

He hasn't missed a jump
Clears height easily
Incredible

Added edit
His only miss

Added edit
Very exciting

Added edit
He did it
World record
Incredible
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

I can't find it
link to original post

Give it a little time. Sort of an "easy math puzzle." Wizard?

tuttigym
link to original post

Clever
Over the head for me 😉
rxwine
rxwine
August 6th, 2024 at 7:14:44 PM permalink
Origins of steeplechase for humans and horses. A question I had while watching tonight's recorded coverage.

The steeplechase originated in Ireland in the 18th century12. It began as a horse race where riders would race from one town’s church steeple to the next12. The steeples were used as markers because they were visible over long distances12. Along the way, riders had to jump over various obstacles like streams and low stone walls12.
terapined
terapined
August 6th, 2024 at 8:32:10 PM permalink
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ThatDonGuy
August 6th, 2024 at 9:35:11 PM permalink
Amit Elor USA
Women's wrestling
Wow
Talk about dominance
Only lost 2 points entire Olympics
Totally dominating as one match stopped due to "technical superiority"
She is so dominating, coach surprised she gave up 2 lol
Only 20 years old
Has not lost in 5 years. Incredible
https://youtu.be/BvqexDenC_A?si=xsDhLMVqkRgpv8WA
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2024 at 12:27:40 PM permalink
400m Men Track and Field
What a race
USA wins gold
Amazing come from behind victory passing 4 runners
Very exciting race
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 7th, 2024 at 2:11:43 PM permalink

400m Men Track and Field
What a race
USA wins gold
Amazing come from behind victory passing 4 runners
Very exciting race
link to original post

Dude was spent the last 100 meters. Had to dig deep pull out the victory!

Did you watch the women's pole vault? No WR, but an exciting competition!
terapined
terapined
August 8th, 2024 at 1:16:10 PM permalink
Mens basketball
USA vs Serbia
Very exciting
USA behind deep into 3rd quarter
  • Jump to: