Poll

9 votes (42.85%)
7 votes (33.33%)
3 votes (14.28%)
8 votes (38.09%)
4 votes (19.04%)
6 votes (28.57%)
5 votes (23.8%)
1 vote (4.76%)
6 votes (28.57%)
5 votes (23.8%)

21 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1495
  • Posts: 26572
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
Mission146
January 29th, 2023 at 8:02:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Here are my projected possible Super Bowl lines:

Phil vs KC: EV, total = 49.5
Phil vs Cin: Phil -1, total = 47
SF vs KC: SF -1, total = 47
SF vs Cin: SF -2, total = 44.5
link to original post



These projections were made before the conference championships.

The early Pinnacle line is:

Phil -2.5
Total 49.5

I predicted the total exactly. Against the spread, I moderately like KC +2.5.

The question for the survey is what's your prediction on the Super Bowl (multiple votes allowed)
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
  • Posts: 14026
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 2:41:18 AM permalink
Superbowl 57. The one they tried to get at Heinz Field which would not have been Heinz Field when it was played!

Meh. My picks are worse than terrible the last part of the NFL season. I'll work on my baseball betting system.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TinMan
TinMan
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 449
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 5:57:17 AM permalink
I'd prefer for the Chiefs to win, but think the Eagles will win. I also have +550 bet on the Eagles to win.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4626
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 6:18:05 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: Wizard

Here are my projected possible Super Bowl lines:

Phil vs KC: EV, total = 49.5
Phil vs Cin: Phil -1, total = 47
SF vs KC: SF -1, total = 47
SF vs Cin: SF -2, total = 44.5
link to original post



These projections were made before the conference championships.

The early Pinnacle line is:

Phil -2.5
Total 49.5

I predicted the total exactly. Against the spread, I moderately like KC +2.5.

The question for the survey is what's your prediction on the Super Bowl (multiple votes allowed)
link to original post



I saw the initial line at Phil +1.5 -122 and it got hammered quickly down to Phil -2.5. Someone made a series of big early bets.

The total also opened at 50.5 but moved down to 49.5 before I could put in something on the under.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 9:59:57 AM permalink
I did not do well every time I put my choice here in the past. I hope this will start a new page.
I have been doing ok so far on Eagles. I put $15 on Bill, 3-1 and $35 on Eagles, 5-1.
For the big game, I will take Eagles and under, -2 and 49.5.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 10:05:08 AM permalink
My most recent bets on Eagles
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11813
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
Thanked by
Mission146
January 30th, 2023 at 10:10:51 AM permalink
I am pretty sure that I will be betting the Eagles as long as the line is -2.5 or better.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11062
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 30th, 2023 at 11:14:28 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am pretty sure that I will be betting the Eagles as long as the line is -2.5 or better.
link to original post



This is to confirm we have a bet on the Super Bowl. Same stakes as usual. I was going to take the Chiefs plus the points. But I’m taking the Chiefs without the points at even money. It’s hard to bet 1.1 Frappuccino’s.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1495
  • Posts: 26572
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 30th, 2023 at 11:27:30 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is to confirm we have a bet on the Super Bowl. Same stakes as usual. I was going to take the Chiefs plus the points. But I’m taking the Chiefs without the points at even money. It’s hard to bet 1.1 Frappuccino’s.
link to original post



Shoot. I was going to make the same offer, but you should give SOOPOO first dibs. If you want to bet more than SOOPOO's maximum bet, which I predict to be $50, let me know.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
January 30th, 2023 at 12:02:54 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: DRich

I am pretty sure that I will be betting the Eagles as long as the line is -2.5 or better.
link to original post



This is to confirm we have a bet on the Super Bowl. Same stakes as usual. I was going to take the Chiefs plus the points. But I’m taking the Chiefs without the points at even money. It’s hard to bet 1.1 Frappuccino’s.
link to original post

Soopoo, will u take Chiefs +2/+2.5 for $20 please?? Also, I think I still owe u $20 from SB some years ago.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11062
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 30th, 2023 at 12:41:30 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: DRich

I am pretty sure that I will be betting the Eagles as long as the line is -2.5 or better.
link to original post



This is to confirm we have a bet on the Super Bowl. Same stakes as usual. I was going to take the Chiefs plus the points. But I’m taking the Chiefs without the points at even money. It’s hard to bet 1.1 Frappuccino’s.
link to original post

Soopoo, will u take Chiefs +2/+2.5 for $20 please?? Also, I think I still owe u $20 from SB some years ago.
link to original post




Ok. I’ll take Chiefs +2.5 for the $20 you owe me.

Wiz…. My bet with DRich will be for a Starbucks drink. That’s why I was happy to take the Chiefs at even money.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11813
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
January 30th, 2023 at 12:42:07 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: DRich

I am pretty sure that I will be betting the Eagles as long as the line is -2.5 or better.
link to original post



This is to confirm we have a bet on the Super Bowl. Same stakes as usual. I was going to take the Chiefs plus the points. But I’m taking the Chiefs without the points at even money. It’s hard to bet 1.1 Frappuccino’s.
link to original post



Sure, I will give you Chiefs +2 for our usual bet (coffee).
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
January 30th, 2023 at 1:36:27 PM permalink
Soopoo, I will accept your bet . I will take Eagles -2.5 for $20.
I will be at Vegas, either early Sept or early Nov. for at least 2 months. Drop by to collect your winnings anytime u r in town.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1495
  • Posts: 26572
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
IndyJeffrey
February 6th, 2023 at 4:08:21 PM permalink
Posts on Super Bowl 57 prop bets have been moved here.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: