ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
December 1st, 2010 at 11:33:30 AM permalink
Speaking of sports betting ...

The favorites for 2018 are England, while the USA is the favorite for 2022.

If any of you are interested in watching the announcement, it's on tomorrow morning the 2nd, starting at about 9:30 AM EST.

If you want to watch it with a bunch of like-minded soccer fans, go to www.theamericanoutlaws.com, click on the "chapters" tab, and find a chapter near your hometown.

(Sorry, Wiz, for the website plug ... it's done with a pure heart!)
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 1st, 2010 at 11:38:34 AM permalink
Despite being a Englishman, World Cup USA would be far more my thing... I can get to games in Seattle!

You should see the UAE's proposed stadiums for the World Cup 2022... bloody amazing in concept.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 1st, 2010 at 11:55:33 AM permalink
You might mean Qatar rather than UAE, but yeah, it's a pretty amazing ideas. Can't imagine they would win, though. I think Australia is more likely than Qatar, but I also think USA will win the bid, not just because I want them to, but because FIFA has a hard time turning down money. After all, the 1994 cup is still the most attended and highest earner, even with eight fewer matches.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 2nd, 2010 at 8:08:19 AM permalink
Results are in...

Russia - 2018
Qatar - 2022
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 2nd, 2010 at 8:19:16 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Qatar - 2022

I hear they'll invest in not one, but six different facilities with state of the art traumatic dehydration treatment centers.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
December 2nd, 2010 at 8:42:48 AM permalink
Fuq fuqqity fuq fuq fuq ....

Welqome to World Qup 2022 Ckatar, where there will be no booze or hookers but at least we get to treat women like shit.

Seriously, women around the world should wear biqini tops and short shorts the whole tournament.

Shittiest. Decision. Ever.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
December 2nd, 2010 at 12:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

Fuq fuqqity fuq fuq fuq ....

Welqome to World Qup 2022 Ckatar, where there will be no booze or hookers but at least we get to treat women like shit.

Seriously, women around the world should wear biqini tops and short shorts the whole tournament.

Shittiest. Decision. Ever.

If you actually heard anything about the bid, Booze will be flowing in the hotel bars and fan zones. Hookers are illegal in most places in the world, but if there is a demand, there will be a supply.

As to the treatment of women, I dont agree with it, so I wont be going.

I am far more dissapointed with Russia being selected. While England already has the Infastructure (including booze and hookers), most of Russias stadiums are of piss poor quality, and they dont really have the money for impressive new stadiums.

Also the sheer distance between the stadia has got to be problematic for the teams.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
December 2nd, 2010 at 2:08:32 PM permalink
For Americans that hate soccer (which includes me) - this isn't helping the sport. Seriously though, the US would have brought in the most money and brought the most people to the sport. I've heard they try to bring a philanthropic identity to the game so that's why they choose shit-holes instead of western countries that would bring in vastly more revenue (and yes already have the infrastracture). As our delegates were arguing, with the extra money you bring in from US games you can do whatever the hell you want. I, for one, will be hard-hearted towards soccer until these liberal douchebags get their heads out of their asses.

Also, does anyone here hated women play-by-play announcers as much as me for basketball/football?
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
  • Jump to: