redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
smoothgrh
February 22nd, 2021 at 1:45:20 PM permalink
Usually, I share the #!**!# disaster stories, but once in a great while, something unusual happens on the plus side.

More than 80% of my wagering is on college football. Every once in a blue moon, I'll see something in another sport that catches my eye.

That was the case yesterday. I don't even know half of the NBA players, don't really know the coaches, don't have a feel or anything and I frankly can't stand to watch it, having played and coached basketball on a regular basis. But yesterday, what caught my eye, even in this day of more-exhibition-than-competition NBA hoops, was a total.

The total was out on the end of the usual bell curve. It met some criteria of mine when applied to both teams. Then it moved several points in my favor. So what I do in these situations is I close an old open football teaser and feel like I have everything working for me.

I did that, and at halftime, I thought "Holy hell, I'm gonna lose this thing." So I went to an offshore and checked the halftime line, and I had a point wiggle room with the teaser. I pressed the Over 117 to make the hedge bet (for the full amount of my wager), and the offshore bounced a panel back at me saying the line had dropped to 116 1/2. Did I want to make the bet? Yes, I did.

So, to make a long story short, the final shot did not go in, I won the teaser, and I won the halftime hedge by half a point.

"Goddamn, Dolemite!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws1YIKsuTjQ
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
February 22nd, 2021 at 2:01:34 PM permalink
you cant post a video directly to the forum by typing

[ youtube = Ws1YIKsuTjQ ] <- this is the video you posted notice the text at the end of the URL (in your URL)

WITHOUT spaces

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 22nd, 2021 at 3:04:53 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

So, to make a long story short, the final shot did not go in, I won the teaser, and I won the halftime hedge by half a point.

"Goddamn, Dolemite!"

Very nice, it seems so rare that things like that work out.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 22nd, 2021 at 3:52:36 PM permalink
The harder some people work, the luckier they get.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: