thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 28th, 2010 at 10:13:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Returning to the thread, congrats JL. You are now 2 for 2, putting your choice out there for all of us to see. And congrats to the Wiz, for his pick as well.

JL is 2 for 3. He made another "Lock" post in the NFL week 4 predictions. He got that one wrong.

Which I fully admit I've not kept up with. I always seem to lose track on the predictions after I visit Vegas and have my bets for the year...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 987
November 30th, 2010 at 1:36:15 PM permalink
I'll have to look up the week 4 "lock." Jerry PMed me and said he will have two picks for this weekend, which he will post once his suspension is lifted on Friday.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
November 30th, 2010 at 1:39:06 PM permalink
Yeah Wiz, SF getting.drilled by NO or some such. Was waaaay wrong.

Edit: Whoops, that game was MKL predicting a Saints win in week 2. Have to keep looking for the JL game. Sorry if I misled, I confuse those two sometimes...
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
SONBP2
SONBP2
  • Threads: 88
November 30th, 2010 at 2:10:24 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've decided to suspend both JL and mkl for 5 days.

JL for the NAMBLA comment. I don't buy that it wasn't directed at mkl. That organization I find repugnant beyond all words. Even insinuating a fellow member has anything to do with it is cause for suspension. I still want the record to show that I did win $750 based on Jerry's pick today, and express my thanks for that. However, that can't buy him forgiveness in this case.

Mkl for the rant above. Maybe he won't return after the five days anyway, so the term won't make any difference. He is probably happy to go out in a blaze of glory.

How are we suppose to get his next pick if you kick him off?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 30th, 2010 at 2:17:40 PM permalink
Quote: SONBP2

How are we suppose to get his next pick if you kick him off?

Flip a coin. Seriously, I don't know why we are giving a guy whose gone exactly 2 from 3 such a big reputation.

I've no problem him sharing them, or telling us his big bets, but really he's made two good plays. And that's it. I can do that with a coin 25% of the time :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 1st, 2010 at 2:22:45 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

JL is 2 for 3. He made another "Lock" post in the NFL week 4 predictions. He got that one wrong.

I looked up the week 4 JL pick.

Quote: JerryLogan

I only bet on one a week for entertainment and this one's a sure thing: Atlanta at -7. Got a dime on it. SF's dazed & confused, & the Falcons just went into NO and beat the best. -- NFL Week 4 predictions

Final score: SF 14, Atl 16
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 2nd, 2010 at 10:13:29 AM permalink
Posts regarding the fight that erupted between mkl and JL have been split off to The NAMBLA/River of Diarrhea Flame War. The new thread is in the Free Speech Zone, so I encourage both parties to let the bile fly there, but try to act as gentlemen in the rest of the forum.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
December 2nd, 2010 at 10:18:27 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The NAMBLA/River of Diarrhea Flame War.

This is my single favorite comment..... Thanks, Wiz
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 2nd, 2010 at 10:24:26 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is my single favorite comment..... Thanks, Wiz

You're welcome. The D word is one, that try as I might, can never remember how to spell it.

• Jump to: