Thread Rating:

redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 7th, 2020 at 11:38:22 AM permalink
Well, I am disgusted. So I will try to turn vinegar into wine by turning it into a brag.

One of the offshores that I really like refused to allow me to deposit an hour ago. I suppose that is a badge of honor, but it's actually a pain in the ass. Fortunately, I'm old so I won't be doing this stuff forever, and this season is an absurd abstractionist mess, thus I'm not going to cry too much.

I'm going to assume the asterisk next to my name is due to my having SF to win the NFC there last season at generous odds. Here's a deep thought. It never even occurred to me, and one would think maybe it would after doing this for 40 years, that taking them to win the SB and hedging the SB would have resulted in the same pay day and no banning. But I thought SF, if they got to the SB last year, would face either NE or KC and be big dogs, so the odds dictated taking them to win the NFC instead.

They either refused my deposit due to the SF wager, or because they figured out who my girlfriend is (they banned her about three years ago). To preserve my ego, I will assume it's the former.

So kewlj, I go through life thinking I'm immune to the travails you face every day, but that isn't 100% the case. It's still not my fave offshore restriction story. About 15 years ago, I tried to bet Sergio Garcia to win a golf tournament, and the offshore (following their policy of not banning anyone) simply restricted me to a bet of $1.40. That's a dollar and forty cents.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
kuma
kuma
  • Threads: 1
September 7th, 2020 at 1:34:20 PM permalink
If it was 5D there is talk they are leaving the US market.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
September 7th, 2020 at 10:55:00 PM permalink
Well, 5D is actually halting current US operations so they can actually partner with real US books... (I assume).

5D Email:

"
Subject: Action Required!

5Dimes is excited to announce that it is embarking on a new business venture. With the evoling legal landscape in the United States, we want to take advantage of the opportunity to offer an improved online sports betting experience to our many U.S. customers. In order to do this, we need to temporarily suspend our service of the U.S. market so that we can launch our new operations with a fresh start.

Please note the following important dates:

- We will stop offering online betting for U.S. customers at 12 am ET on September 21st, 2020.
- All U.S. customer balances should be requested between now and 12am ET September 25th, 2020.
- Any customer funds remaining at 12am ET on September 30th will be transferred to a third-party claims administrator who will seek to deliver the funds to the account holder.
- Any customer funds that cannot be delivered by 12am ET on September 30th, 2021 (13 months from now) will be deemed abandoned by the account holder.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We wish we could tell you everything about our future plans, but for now, please stay tuned and know we will soon reward your loyalty with extraordinary gaming experiences.
"

What's funny is they just implemented a new "cash out policy" that charges a fee for non "verified" accounts. To be "verified" and not pay this fee you have to have, if I recall correctly, THREE LOST DEPOSITS of "near the similar amount" and your next deposit must also be of a similar amount. I.e. you cannot deposit $100 3 times and lose it, then deposit $5k and win a bunch and cash out without the fee.

Think it was timed well enough they enforced a cash out fee then go on to force all their U.S. customers to cash out? Man am I ready for some "extraordinary" gaming experiences!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
September 8th, 2020 at 1:31:01 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

So kewlj, I go through life thinking I'm immune to the travails you face every day, but that isn't 100% the case

wonder what's going to happen with sharp sports bettors after all these new brick and mortar shops have popped up?
will they be trespassed and backroomed like blackjack APs?

𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘵 𝘜𝘵𝘢𝘩 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘵 -5.5...............................(-:/

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Sep 8, 2020
Please don't feed the trolls
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 8th, 2020 at 7:29:38 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

wonder what's going to happen with sharp sports bettors after all these new brick and mortar shops have popped up?
will they be trespassed and backroomed like blackjack APs?

𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘵 𝘜𝘵𝘢𝘩 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘵 -5.5...............................(-:/

Because people who win don't do so on huge volumes of straight plays, it's unlikely anyone can be defined as a "winner" until years have passed at a particular shop. Most people who win step out and try to expand to multiple sports or higher stakes, and it doesn't work out for them.

The fact people can bet at multiple shops provides its own cover for a long time. People might be winning at one shop and getting clobbered at another. Any shop so paranoid as to interpret a year or three as "winning" versus variance is too thin with its bankroll to start.

I could see people nailing long shot futures as rationale to ban them in the brick and mortar world, however. Look up the fallout from the Rams versus Titans Super Bowl win. That was my once in a lifetime futures hit, but I clearly had a lot of company.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 8th, 2020 at 10:44:48 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

t.

I could see people nailing long shot futures as rationale to ban them in the brick and mortar world, however. Look up the fallout from the Rams versus Titans Super Bowl win. That was my once in a lifetime futures hit, but I clearly had a lot of company.

Grr!! I had free tickets to that Super Bowl and wasn't able to go because the Atlanta airport closed due to icing. I remember watching it in Vegas and pointing at my seats and telling everyone that they were mine when they showed the 40 yard line. There were so many empty seats for that game we will probably never see that again for a Super Bowl.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: