Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
October 13th, 2019 at 8:31:12 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It is 100% against the Wiz's commandments.

You already have a defined amount of +EV from the offer.

Any hedge is it's own bet, with it's own EV. Both your hedging options are by definition -EV.

Wiz was trained in math for math sake. Some of us here came up in business finance.

If you worked on Wall Street you would lock this in for the max guaranteed return.

The Eagles bet is not as good, but I think I will take a couple bucks on it if just to encourage more promotions in the future.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 13th, 2019 at 9:06:22 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I ran this yesterday. The best thing was take the $25 max on the Steelers online. Then get in your car and lay $72 (rounded) against them across the sports book counter. Steelers win you get $50. They lose it is a push to you. Bump the $72 up and you win either way, best bet making a max of $125 as that is what you get if the Steelers win.

If I lived in the apartments near PNC park it would be worth it to walk to the book on a nice day like this. It is not worth the time or gas to max it out at this point in my life.

why you gotta even leave the house? I ended up doing the same but used sugarhouse online instead of rivers
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2019 at 9:54:16 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

why you gotta even leave the house? I ended up doing the same but used sugarhouse online instead of rivers

To avoid being that middle-aged shut in guy?

Also I got caught trying to do both surveys and they only paid one, so they are watching some things. Don't want to upset the marketing department.

EDIT: "Caught" may be the wrong word, they sent both emails and did not in them say only 1 bonus.
GWAE
GWAE
October 13th, 2019 at 10:42:14 AM permalink

To avoid being that middle-aged shut in guy?

Also I got caught trying to do both surveys and they only paid one, so they are watching some things. Don't want to upset the marketing department.

EDIT: "Caught" may be the wrong word, they sent both emails and did not in them say only 1 bonus.

I did notice today that they added a line under their welcome bonus that says only valid 1 time between both sites. Got both if then a few months ago
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2019 at 11:04:42 AM permalink

I did notice today that they added a line under their welcome bonus that says only valid 1 time between both sites. Got both if then a few months ago

Thanks for that, was going to run it for my mother but no use now. How it lasted so long we may never know.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 13th, 2019 at 12:17:41 PM permalink

Wiz was trained in math for math sake. Some of us here came up in business finance.

If you worked on Wall Street you would lock this in for the max guaranteed return.

The Eagles bet is not as good, but I think I will take a couple bucks on it if just to encourage more promotions in the future.

I don't think so.

If you could bet unlimited amounts, then yes, you'd do something like this for as much money as you had.

For $25 there is no reason to refund the house some of the ev they gave you. I'd be shocked to learn that some Wall Street quant thought any differently.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 13th, 2019 at 6:15:35 PM permalink

Why are the Steelers wearing the whites at home?
GWAE
GWAE
October 13th, 2019 at 7:13:26 PM permalink

Why are the Steelers wearing the whites at home?

damn looks like I wasted $80 on the hedge
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 14th, 2019 at 4:55:44 AM permalink

Put options are still a good thing. Look at the bright side. There will now be value in betting against them. They should handle the Dolphins then the fans will really lay on the money giving better lines.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 108
October 14th, 2019 at 5:29:04 AM permalink

I believe Mike would want you to do like 10 pushups as a punishment.

• Jump to: