checkmate18x
checkmate18x
  • Threads: 1
June 13th, 2018 at 10:09:58 PM permalink
Hi all,

I know in Vegas the sports books won't take bets on which team Lebron James will end up on next season. Is there anywhere in the U.S. that would be allowed to hold wagers on this? Or even anywhere in Canada?
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
June 13th, 2018 at 10:14:20 PM permalink
Welcome to the WOV forum!

Where do you think he will end up? My guess...Boston.

I am also willing to wager $20 USD that he will not end up on a Canadian team.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 14th, 2018 at 1:44:31 AM permalink
Quote: checkmate18x

Hi all,

I know in Vegas the sports books won't take bets on which team Lebron James will end up on next season. Is there anywhere in the U.S. that would be allowed to hold wagers on this? Or even anywhere in Canada?

Not an expert, but would guess no and no. I'm going with a mild upset and picking Philly.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 14th, 2018 at 3:02:37 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Not an expert, but would guess no and no. I'm going with a mild upset and picking Philly.

My friend's illegal bookie offered him LA at -120.

Supposidly his son has agreed to play at an La high school and he has begun to make some deals in Hollywood.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 14th, 2018 at 8:02:01 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

My friend's illegal bookie offered him LA at -120.

If that covers the Lakers and Clippers it may be a reasonable bet.

What are the fair odds that he doesn't sign with anyone this year? I think there is a slight chance that he sits out a year.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 14th, 2018 at 8:30:29 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

What are the fair odds that he doesn't sign with anyone this year? I think there is a slight chance that he sits out a year.

I'm guessing that's close to nil. If he sits out, aging as he is, his value will go down, not up. He's in his prime now, and about to be past it.

If he still wants to play (and to me, that's the real question, because what more does he need?), he'll take the best offer he gets and play this year.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
June 14th, 2018 at 8:35:11 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If he still wants to play (and to me, that's the real question, because what more does he need?), he'll take the best offer he gets and play this year.

My gut says he does not want to play unless he believes he has a good shot at winning the title. Therefore I think there s a small chance he sits out.
MrBo
MrBo
  • Threads: 1
June 14th, 2018 at 8:42:00 AM permalink

I don't think Philly is all that long of a shot. They bought billboards all over Cleveland towards the end of the season, expressing their interest. I am not an expert on the money / financial cap, but apparently they have the money to make a competitive offer.

At the time, I remember thinking to myself Philly was a bad fit. They have an up and coming team of mostly young players that rose quicker than most expected. I though a declining prima donna might be the last thing they needed as it would screw up their chemistry.

I have since changed my mind. LB proved during the post season that he still has gas in the tank and a couple good years remaining if he wants them. He carried a team that without him, would be a lottery team, to the finals, where he just didn't have any help that would be needed to complete with the leagues best team.

Philly on the other hand, while becoming competitive sooner than expected, showed they are missing that one piece, that clutch player that can dominate and win a game in the final minutes. They have up and coming stars, maybe superstars, but they have not demonstrated that ability yet. LB as a Sixer for 2-3 years might be really work.

Also Philly is a short flight to Cleveland where Lebron makes his home.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 14th, 2018 at 11:26:05 AM permalink

My gut says he does not want to play unless he believes he has a good shot at winning the title. Therefore I think there s a small chance he sits out.

Maybe he can pull a Clemens and sign with a team at the All Star break.
Imagine the bidding war between Boston and Philly or Houston and GS.
Could he sign in February and be a free agent at the end of the year?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2018 at 12:23:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If he still wants to play (and to me, that's the real question, because what more does he need?),...

To be better than Jordan.

Alas...
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 14th, 2018 at 12:25:38 PM permalink

Make a bet proposal. I can think of no realistic non-injury scenario where Lebron does not play in the NBA next year.
DRich
DRich
June 14th, 2018 at 12:44:49 PM permalink

Make a bet proposal. I can think of no realistic non-injury scenario where Lebron does not play in the NBA next year.

I would say about 1% chance. I would take 100-1 that he doesn't sign a contract the next season.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 14th, 2018 at 12:59:58 PM permalink
Quote: Face

To be better than Jordan.

Alas...

Already done. Now it's just time to ice the cake.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2018 at 1:14:23 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Already done. Now it's just time to ice the cake.

Found Lemieux66.

Where'd I put that hammer... XD
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: