2 votes (3.5%)
1 vote (1.75%)

57 members have voted

ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 93
October 3rd, 2022 at 3:51:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Bills are -14 against the Steelers with extra juice! (-114 I saw this morning, I admit before 8 EST is still an early line) Anyone taking that?

I sort of predicted the Steelers will get 5 or so wins this year. They are bad. But laying 14?
link to original post

Using just the points for and against so far this year, I would have thought it would be about -13.5.

Important: The "for and against " method*** I used above is only a rough / "ball-park" figure, because it doesn't take into account any other factors (like "recent past / this seasons' games, strength of schedule", "important players out", etc).

***: The way I do it is similar to the one in the link here
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 233
October 3rd, 2022 at 4:06:32 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bills are -14 against the Steelers with extra juice! (-114 I saw this morning, I admit before 8 EST is still an early line) Anyone taking that?

I sort of predicted the Steelers will get 5 or so wins this year. They are bad. But laying 14?
link to original post

Funny you should bring this up. I always text my son and we guess the Bills spread. I guessed 11, he guessed 16! I’m leaning towards taking the points. Last two Bills games against Dolphins and Ravens they’ve scored as many as they’ve given up. Injuries hamstringing the Bills. Third WR (Crowder) lost for the year.
link to original post

Maybe you could guest on the show? I was way off on my guess of 8. But good thing I do not set the lines. OTOH I guessed the Browns against the Steelers near spot-on. And they did not come close then. The teams that came close to the Bills are, what is the word, uh........good! The Steelers really should probably be 0-4. But that said, 14 is just a lot of points in the NFL. Every last time I see a big spread like that I take the wrong end.

All that being said, I have to wonder if this means the linemakers are saying the Steelrs are now one of the worst teams in the NFL?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
October 3rd, 2022 at 6:57:54 PM permalink

link to original post

Funny you should bring this up. I always text my son and we guess the Bills spread. I guessed 11, he guessed 16! I’m leaning towards taking the points. Last two Bills games against Dolphins and Ravens they’ve scored as many as they’ve given up. Injuries hamstringing the Bills. Third WR (Crowder) lost for the year.
link to original post

Maybe you could guest on the show? I was way off on my guess of 8. But good thing I do not set the lines. OTOH I guessed the Browns against the Steelers near spot-on. And they did not come close then. The teams that came close to the Bills are, what is the word, uh........good! The Steelers really should probably be 0-4. But that said, 14 is just a lot of points in the NFL. Every last time I see a big spread like that I take the wrong end.

All that being said, I have to wonder if this means the linemakers are saying the Steelrs are now one of the worst teams in the NFL?
link to original post

I think the Steelers are certainly in the conversation for worst team in the league when TJ Watt is out. No QB is a problem.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 4th, 2022 at 6:05:01 PM permalink
All Rise!!! Judge goes 62!

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
October 4th, 2022 at 6:44:38 PM permalink
Good season for Judge. Probably secures him second place in AL MVP race.

As amazing as Ohtani has been, I’d vote for Judge.

It’s hard to vote for the best peach over the best pear, or the best pear over the best peach. Or apples and oranges….
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 208
October 6th, 2022 at 2:30:43 AM permalink

18 year old 7'4" Victor Wembanyama is getting rave reviews - brings the ball upcourt - shoots threes

projected no. 1 NBA pick

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/10/05/victor-wembanyama-g-league-exhibition/

"believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 57
October 6th, 2022 at 9:05:58 AM permalink

I think the Steelers are certainly in the conversation for worst team in the league when TJ Watt is out. No QB is a problem.
link to original post

I agree. Without TJ Watt on defense and an untested rookie QB, and with a surprisingly low level of talent elsewhere, there's not much to alarm other teams. TJ Watt is a difference maker.

However, the Bears and Texans are probably at the bottom of the league.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.

• Jump to: