7 votes (13.46%)
1 vote (1.92%)
1 vote (1.92%)

52 members have voted

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
June 23rd, 2022 at 12:33:11 PM permalink
Amongst the ‘Big 4’, anyone who does NOT think the Stanley Cup playoffs is the BEST is just nuts. Sorry to NBA, NFL, and MLB.

NHL>NFL>NBA>MLB
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 23rd, 2022 at 12:56:03 PM permalink
I guess I’m nuts then. You’d have to pay me to watch the NHL, and probably MLB.

This world, next thing you know people are going to be referring to car racing, horse racing and golf as “sports.”
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 203
June 23rd, 2022 at 4:01:41 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

This world, next thing you know people are going to be referring to car racing, horse racing and golf as “sports.”

for somebody who doesn't think much of the MLB you posted some pretty strong opinions about the relative greatness of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron

you don't think horse racing is a sport___________?

you have absolutely no knowledge at all about the tremendous skill required to be a great jockey, or to train a great thoroughbred

you think the world revolves around the NFL and the NBA______________(~:/_______________seriously - it's a very big world out there

this is like somebody who doesn't like classical music saying that Beethoven sucks

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
June 23rd, 2022 at 5:08:25 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Amongst the ‘Big 4’, anyone who does NOT think the Stanley Cup playoffs is the BEST is just nuts. Sorry to NBA, NFL, and MLB.

NHL>NFL>NBA>MLB
link to original post

I concur. That game last night was awesome.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
June 23rd, 2022 at 5:41:21 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

for somebody who doesn't think much of the MLB you posted some pretty strong opinions about the relative greatness of Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron

you have absolutely no knowledge at all about the tremendous skill required to be a great jockey, or to train a great thoroughbred

you think the world revolves around the NFL and the NBA______________(~:/_______________seriously - it's a very big world out there

this is like somebody who doesn't like classical music saying that Beethoven sucks

link to original post

I like baseball but it’s just too slow to watch a full game if not with friends.

I’m sure there’s lots of skill in being a jockey or race car driver, I don’t doubt that. There’s also a lot of skill in being a mechanic, plumber, or welder. Doesn’t make them sports. Imo racing the horse or vehicle are the “athletes” if it’s a sport. Jockey, trainer, driver, those guys are all skilled tradesmen imo, it’s an entertainment product, but I would never consider them athletes.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 24th, 2022 at 12:31:22 AM permalink

link to original post

if it’s a sport. Jockey, trainer, , those guys are all skilled tradesmen imo, it’s an entertainment product, but I would never consider them athletes.
link to original post

so, Irad Ortiz Jr. - the #1 jockey in America who wins about 27% of his races, most of them high dollar races, is not an athlete - the average win % of a jock is about 12%

that's going to come as a surprise to an awful lot of people

go back to the NFL and the NBA where you belong - your comments on other "sports" are not going to get you a job with ESPN

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 24, 2022
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
June 24th, 2022 at 5:44:45 AM permalink

link to original post

if it’s a sport. Jockey, trainer, , those guys are all skilled tradesmen imo, it’s an entertainment product, but I would never consider them athletes.
link to original post

so, Irad Ortiz Jr. - the #1 jockey in America who wins about 27% of his races, most of them high dollar races, is not an athlete - the average win % of a jock is about 12%

go back to the NFL and the NBA where you belong - your comments on other "sports" are not going to get you a job with ESPN

link to original post

You’re a big meanie. The guy’s pretty good at riding around on a horse no doubt.

Fine, horse racing can be a sport. It can be acknowledged as a sport in its euology since it’s a dying sport virtually nobody not on the back nine cares a bit about.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
June 24th, 2022 at 6:22:40 AM permalink

It may come as a surprise to some people, but I am pretty sure that not an awful lot of people even car about horse racing. What percent of the people on earth follow horse racing closely? I am guessing much less than 1%.
Order from chaos
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 24th, 2022 at 6:23:27 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Fine, horse racing can be a sport. It can be acknowledged as a sport in its euology since it’s a dying sport virtually nobody not on the back nine cares a bit about.
link to original post

this linked article is just for you - from January 2022 - Headline:

"U.S. Horse Racing Betting Handle Surges to Highest in Years"

from the article:

"Some of the key points from the data include:

Total wagering handle topped $12.2 billion in 2021, an 11.86% increase over 2020
U.S. purses exceeded $1.1 billion, a 35.77% increase over the previous year
U.S. race days and total races jumped by more than 20% over last year
The average field size contracted from 7.94 to 7.37, a 7.20% decrease
The average purses per race day increased by over 10% to just shy of $290,000

Most notably, the U.S. horse racing industry achieved this growth while recovering from the effects of a global pandemic, significant negative press resulting from well-publicized scandals, safety issues, and regulatory changes stemming from new legislation.

Here’s NTRA President and CEO Tom Rooney on the numbers:

"Against an extraordinarily difficult backdrop, the resiliency of Thoroughbred racing was on full display in 2021 as we concluded the year with significant growth in purses and total handle of more than $12 billion, the highest since 2009.”

https://www.americasbestracing.net/the-sport/2022-us-horse-racing-betting-industry-handle-surges-highest-years

now, I repeat - go back to your room and stay there

you can come out of your room 2 days before the first NFL preseason game on August 11 - not until

I'm done - I'm outta here - any more shots you take at "other" sports will go unrebutted

the fairway is wide open - an easy path to the green

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 24, 2022
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
June 24th, 2022 at 10:17:04 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

this linked article is just for you - from January 2022 - Headline:

"U.S. Horse Racing Betting Handle Surges to Highest in Years"

from the article:

"Some of the key points from the data include:

Total wagering handle topped $12.2 billion in 2021, an 11.86% increase over 2020
U.S. purses exceeded $1.1 billion, a 35.77% increase over the previous year
U.S. race days and total races jumped by more than 20% over last year
The average field size contracted from 7.94 to 7.37, a 7.20% decrease
The average purses per race day increased by over 10% to just shy of $290,000

Most notably, the U.S. horse racing industry achieved this growth while recovering from the effects of a global pandemic, significant negative press resulting from well-publicized scandals, safety issues, and regulatory changes stemming from new legislation.

Here’s NTRA President and CEO Tom Rooney on the numbers:

"Against an extraordinarily difficult backdrop, the resiliency of Thoroughbred racing was on full display in 2021 as we concluded the year with significant growth in purses and total handle of more than $12 billion, the highest since 2009.”

https://www.americasbestracing.net/the-sport/2022-us-horse-racing-betting-industry-handle-surges-highest-years

now, I repeat - go back to your room and stay there

you can come out of your room 2 days before the first NFL preseason game on August 11 - not until

I'm done - I'm outta here - any more shots you take at "other" sports will go unrebutted

the fairway is wide open - an easy path to the green

link to original post

You provided no rebuttal to the age of anyone interested in horse racing. No one under 60 cares. So people who have money to retire and bet care. That’s all you showed.

One last thing. Go fuck yourself for your disrespectful tone. You’re a piece of work.

• Jump to: