1 vote (2%)
1 vote (2%)

50 members have voted

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
March 25th, 2021 at 8:09:13 PM permalink
Quote: daveyandersen1

didnt UCLA get in by a play in#16 seed Imean none of the PAC 12 were seeded very high.. so are they dominating or just a little lucky???

Your conclusion doesnít follow from your first sentence.

ACC and SEC each have two teams in the sweet sixteen. PAC 12 has 5. Pretty dominant so far.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
  • Threads: 0
March 25th, 2021 at 8:52:18 PM permalink
WE'LL see how[[ dominant]] they stay..
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
March 26th, 2021 at 9:36:38 AM permalink
The fun part is Mr Big 10, Michael Wilbon, eating crow as 8 of 9 Big 10 teams do not advance to Sweet 16!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
March 26th, 2021 at 11:58:12 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

The fun part is Mr Big 10, Michael Wilbon, eating crow as 8 of 9 Big 10 teams do not advance to Sweet 16!

the big 10 hasn't been very dominant the last couple years THis year is different for most teams cause of covid,, So I think anyone making it to Sweet 16 has a better chance than times past..
unJon
unJon
March 26th, 2021 at 3:28:30 PM permalink

Yes you may be right about that. Going to be a fun weekend.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
daveyandersen1
daveyandersen1
March 26th, 2021 at 5:45:12 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

i see my pick to win it all is playing UCLA . Now that I opened my big mouth about UCLA not really belonging there my pick will probably lose.Thats my luck..
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
March 28th, 2021 at 2:46:54 PM permalink
Opening day around the corner
Cant wait
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
unJon
unJon
March 28th, 2021 at 6:48:22 PM permalink

Quote: unJon

i see my pick to win it all is playing UCLA . Now that I opened my big mouth about UCLA not really belonging there my pick will probably lose.Thats my luck..

Yup. Your domination comment did not age well. 😂

3 PAC 12 in elite 8 (and the only loser was to another PAC 12)

1 SEC
0 ACC

Wouldnít be surprised if the Elite 8 is the end of the PAC 12 though.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
March 28th, 2021 at 9:47:04 PM permalink
So my favorite team Villanova exited this weekend. Without their top player and true point guard, Colin Gillespie, they were pressured into too many turnovers when the game mattered most. 5 consecutive trips, 7 of 9 trips ended in turnover in the second half when Baylor took control.

So anyway, in the aftermath, I was looking at what the team might look like next year. Sophomore Jerimiah Robinson-Earl is expected to leave for the NBA. And there are 2 seniors on the team, Colin Gillespie and Samuels. But I just read both seniors have the option to return for a 5th year as the NCAA has granted an extra year of eligibility because of covid. I had heard that earlier but misunderstood and thought they meant players were given a 6th year to get in 4 years of eligibility rather than the regular 5. I didn't know it actually meant an extra year of eligibility, meaning a player can play for 5 years. What will they call them....seniors-plus?

I have no idea if either Gillespie or Samuels will take advantage and return. But Villanova does have a monster recruiting class coming in. They are now reaping the recruiting rewards of a program that won 2 national championships in 2016 and 2018. So while I am a little sad at this years ending, the future continues to look bright for Nova nation. :)
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
March 28th, 2021 at 11:14:13 PM permalink
NFL season to expand to 17 games starting this year. 17 games played in 18 weeks, so still a bye week. Official announcement coming this week.

Anyone remember when football was a fall sport, baseball a summer sport and basketball and hockey winter sports?

Now basketball and hockey end in June (hardey winter).
Baseball starts in March and can stretch to the first days of November.
And football, well the superbowl is in February. is that still fall? lol

• Jump to: