Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
June 13th, 2018 at 11:36:55 PM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

don't know either but wake at noon would be a possibility

Wow. Awesome horse with a crazy (and sad) ending to his life. The breeder/owner Bruno Schickedanz still going strong in the sport. Interesting stuff to learn, thanks.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 192
June 14th, 2018 at 12:26:33 AM permalink
I always thought it would be interesting to race clones, have them keep racing from different posts, but clones aren't allowed anyway. Even then, differences might just be due to clone errors.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
June 14th, 2018 at 12:35:55 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I always thought it would be interesting to race clones, have them keep racing from different posts, but clones aren't allowed anyway. Even then, differences might just be due to clone errors.

I am pretty sure cloned mules have raced against each other.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
June 14th, 2018 at 4:24:59 AM permalink
In quarter horses, semen is frozen. So there are dead horses still making babies.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 364
July 25th, 2018 at 12:38:58 PM permalink
Justify retires
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
Thanks for this post from:
aceofspades
July 25th, 2018 at 1:10:32 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Justify retires

Sorry to see it was necessary. Still better than allowing the chance he breaks down on the track. He will have many fine descendents.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 25th, 2018 at 2:05:25 PM permalink
Uhh, duhhhhhhh.

Quote: DrawingDead

...<SNIP>

And when I take my hands off my eyes I have nothing more than guesses about how much the latest Balifornia Frankenhorse will outperform his peers, for how long. He will probably continue to run spectacularly well, until the day he suddenly very much doesn't do that at all, when the ride from all the 'training' with magic oats is over, and the physiological bill for his period of brilliance is suddenly due. But I'm pretty sure Meester Baffert doesn't really know all the nuances of the slope of that dosage/performance/time curve, so I sure don't, since what I believe this is really about isn't exactly the kind of thing that can be rigorously studied and openly documented in the cold light of day with a large well controlled study population.

...<SNIP>...

The performance enhancement 'benefit' of juicing animals, human or equine, is known to come with costs. One of which is that the time window for cashing in can often be limited before hitting a performance wall, achieving temporary artificial short term peak performance at the expense of some portion of future ability. And at the expense of soundness, health and lifespan. And especially with young not yet grown-up adolescent athletes like this, likely also causing the creation of issues with basic growth and development including bones & joints & connective tissue as well as pulmonary/cardio problems.

So, duh.

No good thing happened here.

• Jump to: