Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 11
October 4th, 2017 at 8:44:36 PM permalink
2017 Major League Baseball Playoffs Discussion

I was sitting at a local book today and was checking some odds on "the board". In a matter of minutes an odds change occurred that I just did not understand. I was looking @ the First 5 Innings Run Total in the ARI/COL wild card game.

It was listed as 4 runs total
Over Even
Under -120

And then it switched to 4.5 runs total
Over +110
Under -130

Anyone know how/why this can occur (other than an error)?
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 4th, 2017 at 9:17:10 PM permalink

NYY and ARI advance out of the Wildcard spots.
----------

NYY @ CLE

Game 1 - Gray vs Bauer
As a NYY fan, I am surprised Tanaka is not starting Game 1.

Game 2 - Kluber vs CC Sabathia - great matchup, ex-CLE Ace vs current CLE Ace

Cleveland is an excellent team. Do they have any weak spots? I say no. You are only going to beat them with your best performance.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
October 4th, 2017 at 10:20:51 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Cleveland is an excellent team. Do they have any weak spots? I say no. You are only going to beat them with your best performance.

Not only that but they are so darn HOT !! They just can't seem to lose. They also got robbed last year when the Umps decided to call a rain delay when they had the Cubs on the ropes giving the Cubs a much needed rest to regroup. I think Cleveland wins last year if they play on in that slight drizzle. You would think that the Dodgers and Cleveland would meet in the World Series but since the Dodgers have been on a huge slump for the last month or so I am not sure they will make it to the dance. Anything can happen but I think Cleveland wins the Series this year.

So now that I told you my expert pick I think that anyone who has extra money should bet the Yankees to win the ALDS :)

Take your winnings from the Yankees and parlay it on the Dodgers to win it all :)
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
October 5th, 2017 at 1:33:35 PM permalink
Of course, Cleveland will never lose another game, at all, to anyone, ever. Starting now, dammit. But, good baseball team, bad bet, because of the price. They've been bet down to powder in the futures throughout the season, beginning with the first opening future wager odds in some books in March during Spring training, for Crissakes. And this is still baseball. So even though I believe they will never lose another game, to anyone, anywhere, forever, they will have to do so without my money. Dammit.

So, it will be Cleveland over Arizona in six. Because it must. Because my future book wager this year is on Arizona to win the National League Championship Pennant, at boxcar odds. But then, not the World Series. Because the noble indigenous tribe of Chief Wahoo will never lose another game, to anyone, ever. Certainly not to communist hosiery, or space cadets. But at the prices available now and all this year, they also can't be bet. At least not by me, at those odds, for anything in baseball. Unlike last year. Dammit.

I'm not sure I correctly understand the thread starter question, about the o/u line movement on the COL-ARI play-in game. You mean, something other than the usual reason for a line movement, with significant money on one side inducing a movement to re-balance the action? Because that would be my one and only reply to offer on that. Sorry about the late timing, if it was asked for some practical reason to do something with it at the time. Last night I was busy occupying a nosebleed seat way up near the deafening, shaking roof of Chase Field. And then joining the mob of crazed baseball ruffians* roving about on the streets of Phoenix inventing creatively obscene variations of the eternally popular "Beat LA." Use your imagination; you'll come up with about half of them. Lotsa fun, and way more entertainment value than I was looking for from my ticket. A little more dull in some late spots would've been just fine with me.

*Since this is Phoenix we're talking about, that means Phoenicians waving their official team issued rally towels in the air while chanting somewhat fiercely about defeating another team. With a cocktail glass held carefully in the other hand. I believe that qualifies as a riot in the streets by Phoenix standards.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Oct 5, 2017
Nevermind.
RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 3
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeaux
October 6th, 2017 at 9:38:18 AM permalink
That first half total opened at :

4.5 -110

action poured in on under and some places moved the juice as far as:

4.5 under -150

before finally dropping it down to:

4 -110
What is life if not a gamble?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 14
October 6th, 2017 at 12:29:55 PM permalink
I have no betting advice other than to look at the props for off numbers. But baseball has the best post season.

I'll predict Nats/Indians. I think people are sleeping on the Nats a bit (from fan POV, not betting). Max/Stras/Geo ain't nothing to mess with.
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 6th, 2017 at 4:43:42 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

-snip-
Arizona vs LA

I am looking forward to this series between division rivals. How much (or how often) will the broadcasters mention/show the "Great Pool incident" of 2013...
Cool to hear you went to the Wild Card game. When it was 6-0, I thought the game was over and changed the channel.
Using "Phoenicians" to describe Phoenix, AZ residents sounded weird to me (in a funny way, made me chuckle)...
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 14
October 6th, 2017 at 5:05:20 PM permalink
Down 8 to 3 and lindor hits an effing grand slam, off the poll no less.

It's gonna suck being stuck with just the inferior sports.
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 6th, 2017 at 5:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Down 8 to 3 and lindor hits an effing grand slam, off the poll no less.

It's gonna suck being stuck with just the inferior sports.

The inning "should" have ended before Lindor batted. Many will question why no challenge was made by the Yanks after the "Hit by Pitch" to Chisenhall.

As DD has mentioned CLE is unstoppable by anyone/anywhere/anytime in 2017.

Baseball Fever...Catch it!

Care to expand on your second sentence?
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 6th, 2017 at 8:08:25 PM permalink
Sometimes I question why I am a Yankees fan at all. I guess it is slightly better than being a Mets fan.

• Jump to: