Thread Rating:

Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
September 1st, 2016 at 6:36:51 PM permalink
Please refer to the Official Thread if you want to keep up with payment statuses, I will only make one post per day regarding that in this thread.
Vultures can't be choosers.
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
  • Threads: 1
September 1st, 2016 at 6:37:48 PM permalink
I'm interested in playing and ready to pay. Please PM me with info on how to enter. Thanks!
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 1st, 2016 at 8:48:04 PM permalink
Greetings!

I have finally completed the process of sending invites which resulted in five or six invites to Members who participated in last year's contest but have not committed to this year, as well as 99 Members who joined on or after August 1st, 2016 and have ten or more posts.

The PM's to Members in the latter category have generated one committed entrant and I expect one or two more to come from them. Let's make sure we get to twenty confirmed and paid entrants!

Scrolling through all the Members List took awhile, but I had Metallica, Bad Religion, Christina Perri, Garbage, Disturbed, Arlo Guthrie, Dire Straits and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra to keep me company, so it's all good!
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
September 1st, 2016 at 9:06:53 PM permalink
Mission, I will volunteer my services again, to be the unofficial scorekeeper during the season long contest.

Most weeks, immediately after Monday night's game, there shouldn't be any problem for me to post the weekly results and the overall results.

In fact on most Sundays I also might be able to post the standings for that week as they look after the Sunday night game.

You can review the results at your convenience.

It really won't be all that much work for me because I can use my grading calculator/spreadsheet again. All I have to do is modify it slightly, to reflect the slightly revised contest rules, enter the 2016 schedule, and update one or two things internally. (For example, there is no longer a team in St. Louis, with the Rams moving to LA.)

Obviously, if you can post everyone's picks in the same format as last year, that would be great, which it already looks like you will do.

I know you'd like everyone to post their picks in the proper format, in the example you gave... but let's face it... lots of people just forget or get careless. Fortunately, my spreadsheet recognizes the city name, the mascot name, the full name, and most abbreviations. So it's really not a problem if one or more players don't submit the game to you in the desired format. It has got to be more work for you to send them back and then wait to receive them again.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 1st, 2016 at 9:19:06 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Mission, I will volunteer my services again, to be the unofficial scorekeeper during the season long contest.

Most weeks, immediately after Monday night's game, there shouldn't be any problem for me to post the weekly results and the overall results.

In fact on most Sundays I also might be able to post the standings for that week as they look after the Sunday night game.

You can review the results at your convenience.

It really won't be all that much work for me because I can use my grading calculator/spreadsheet again. All I have to do is modify it slightly, to reflect the slightly revised contest rules, enter the 2016 schedule, and update one or two things internally. (For example, there is no longer a team in St. Louis, with the Rams moving to LA.)

Obviously, if you can post everyone's picks in the same format as last year, that would be great, which it already looks like you will do.

I know you'd like everyone to post their picks in the proper format, in the example you gave... but let's face it... lots of people just forget or get careless. Fortunately, my spreadsheet recognizes the city name, the mascot name, the full name, and most abbreviations. So it's really not a problem if one or more players don't submit the game to you in the desired format. It has got to be more work for you to send them back and then wait to receive them again.

Ed,

Once again, I would like to thank you for offering your services and programming skills to this competition, and I gladly accept. There are no words that can express how much faster both your program and assistance make this game to commission.

I intend, however, to enforce the Rules as pertains to the proper formatting of Picks beginning with Week 3. Between myself and WoN, so much in, 'Donations,' to the prize pool are being contributed to the contest, such that the contest is +EV for all entrants, that I think enforcing such is fully within my rights.

For the first two weeks, they do not need to send the Picks back, I will simply say, "Confirmed," and send them the Picks back in the correct format with a note to adhere to the correct format. While I trust your program, I occasionally do go through the results manually, as well, and having the Picks in the format that I like makes the process easier as I can memorize the results and scroll through quickly provided the formatting is correct.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 1st, 2016 at 9:23:55 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Ed,

Once again, I would like to thank you for offering your services and programming skills to this competition, and I gladly accept. There are no words that can express how much faster both your program and assistance make this game to commission.

I intend, however, to enforce the Rules as pertains to the proper formatting of Picks beginning with Week 3. Between myself and WoN, so much in, 'Donations,' to the prize pool are being contributed to the contest, such that the contest is +EV for all entrants, that I think enforcing such is fully within my rights.

For the first two weeks, they do not need to send the Picks back, I will simply say, "Confirmed," and send them the Picks back in the correct format with a note to adhere to the correct format. While I trust your program, I occasionally do go through the results manually, as well, and having the Picks in the format that I like makes the process easier as I can memorize the results and scroll through quickly provided the formatting is correct.

Acknowledged.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
September 1st, 2016 at 9:28:16 PM permalink
Yay!Ed is back!

Now, if somebody could scare up MidwestAP, get the handicap game going, we'd be back in business.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 1st, 2016 at 10:02:07 PM permalink
Testing something. Please ignore.
(Testing computer-generated coloring tags, bold font tag, and computer-generated summary table)

Adam (0-5)
Panthers (loss)
Packers (loss)
Chargers (loss)
Raiders (loss)
Bengals (loss)

Bill (5-0)
Broncos (win)
Jaguars (win)
Chiefs (win)
Saints (win)
Jets (win)

Charlie (2-3)
Panthers over (loss)
Packers over (loss)
Chargers under (win)
Raiders under (win)
Bengals over (loss)

David (3-2)
Broncos under (win)
Jaguars under (win)
Chiefs over (loss)
Saints over (loss)
Jets under (win)

Elliot (4-2)
Panthers (loss)
Jaguars - Confidence (win)
Chiefs (win)
Raiders over (loss)
Jets under (win)

Fred (1-4)
Rams (loss)
Steelers (loss)
Pats over (loss)
Giants under (win)
Bucs (loss)

George (2-3)
Bears (loss)
Texans over (loss)
Eagles under (win)
Cowboys (win)
Browns (loss)

Name Wins Losses %
Bill 5 0 100.00%
Elliot 4 2 66.67%
David 3 2 60.00%
Charlie 2 3 40.00%
George 2 3 40.00%
Fred 1 4 20.00%
Adam 0 5 0.00%
Totals 17 19 47.22%
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 1st, 2016 at 10:03:09 PM permalink
How do I left-justify a table? Is it possible?
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 1st, 2016 at 10:14:44 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

How do I left-justify a table? Is it possible?

I don't believe so.

• Jump to: