Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 28th, 2016 at 5:20:23 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

....4 straight Game 7 playoff losses was probably very difficult to watch for Ducks fans. So now that your team is out, do you cheer for another team or just check out until next year?...

I'll mostly check out until Finals...St Louis takes out Dallas (but it could be a good series), SJ takes care of Nashville (boring) and then gets smoked by the Blues. The Pens/Caps series will be interesting, I see the Pens winning that one and the Islanders/Tampa Bay series is again a bit of who cares as the winner gets smoked by the Pens.

But the Finals should be a good one and I will try and catch all 7 of those games on TV. I would be a Blues supporter in that Final match up as I think I have made my thoughts clear on the Cindy matter.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 28th, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM permalink

I am not a big NHL fan, but I am excited about this series. Feels like an early "Finals" even though it is just the 2nd round. Good luck to all.

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I put $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
April 28th, 2016 at 5:22:56 PM permalink

I am not a big NHL fan, but I am excited about this series. Feels like an early "Finals" even though it is just the 2nd round. Good luck to all.

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I pit $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.

All I want to see is the winner of this series to sTay healthy so I have a better chance to win my bets.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 28th, 2016 at 6:59:54 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I put $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.

Best of luck with those wagers.
I just realized they do not re-seed (like in the past?) so this series is actually #1 vs #2 in the East (point-wise). Still learning this hockey stuff...
GWAE
GWAE
April 28th, 2016 at 7:07:54 PM permalink

Best of luck with those wagers.
I just realized they do not re-seed (like in the past?) so this series is actually #1 vs #2 in the East (point-wise). Still learning this hockey stuff...

Yeah its pretty crappy. They now have 2 divisions in the east. They seed them within their division instead of the entire east.
Keeneone
Keeneone
April 29th, 2016 at 8:02:51 PM permalink
I was interested in the history of the fog horn/train horn/siren/songs played after a home goal is scored. So I did some googling and it started with a boat horn in the 70's in Chicago.

Do you have a favorite or one you dislike?

Favorite: STL Blues. Old school with the organ after the horn.
Least liked: Nashville. Country music and ice hockey just do not work.
GWAE
GWAE
April 30th, 2016 at 4:19:52 AM permalink
I absolutely hate the horn.
GWAE
GWAE
May 2nd, 2016 at 7:50:24 PM permalink
Thay pens game was entertaining. I love playoff hockey.
GWAE
GWAE
May 10th, 2016 at 8:32:55 PM permalink
Was the caps pens game as fun to watch for anyone else. I loved that they weren't calling any penalties other than the ones they basically had to call.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
May 10th, 2016 at 11:33:44 PM permalink

I absolutely hate the horn.

Your horn? It was annoying as hell tonight. And who doesn't love the Caps horn?? haha Still dumbfounded how the Pens won the series...hot goalie? Caps biggest slump of the year? I'm hoping the Blues don't follow history in Game 7 tomorrow because they are easily the best team left; But since the Blues are the Cubs of the NHL, I'm not holding my breath. And I likely won't watch most of the game tomorrow thanks to travel...grrr And if the Blues win tomorrow, go Predators! We suck against the Sharks/Ducks in recent years. We are 4-1 (1 OT win) vs. NSH, but 1-2 vs. SJ.

Edit: I listened to all of the horns in the youtube. I was shocked to hear that the Blues was definitely the most "classic" song. The music has probably been played after every goal for decades now. I love it, but I'm biased. As for Nashville, I laughed at the song, but it fits. The thing that makes me mad though is it's tradition for them to yell at the opposing goalie, "Hey, you suck!" after every goal. That's pretty juvenile. Washington has that unique horn...will be missing that for sure for the rest of the playoffs. And also Chicago's song has grown on me, but it makes me want to drink an Amstel Light every time I hear it. I haven't drank one in 13 years...lol
Last edited by: tringlomane on May 11, 2016
GWAE
GWAE
May 10th, 2016 at 11:45:50 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Your horn? It was annoying as hell tonight. And who doesn't love the Caps horn?? haha Still dumbfounded how the Pens won the series...hot goalie? Caps biggest slump of the year? I'm hoping the Blues don't follow history in Game 7 tomorrow because they are easily the best team left; But since the Blues are the Cubs of the NHL, I'm not holding my breath. And I likely won't watch most of the game tomorrow thanks to travel...grrr And if the Blues win tomorrow, go Predators! We suck against the Sharks/Ducks in recent years. We are 4-1 (1 OT win) vs. NSH, but 1-2 vs. SJ.

At least on TV I don't notice the horn at other places. The horn here is so loud that the announcers have to stop talking. When you are in the arena it is defining. I enjoy hearing the arena loud because of the fans and not the extras.

Oh btw, I am talking about the siren after a goal and not so much the horn while the puck is in play thst tries to get the fans chanting.
tringlomane
tringlomane
May 11th, 2016 at 12:39:10 AM permalink

At least on TV I don't notice the horn at other places. The horn here is so loud that the announcers have to stop talking. When you are in the arena it is defining. I enjoy hearing the arena loud because of the fans and not the extras.

Oh btw, I am talking about the siren after a goal and not so much the horn while the puck is in play thst tries to get the fans chanting.

Looking up your announcing team, if it would make Mike Lange stop on the radio, then it's too loud. haha That guy is great! But yes, I was talking about the goal horn. It was louder than I expected on the NBC Sports broadcast tonight.
Paradigm
Paradigm
May 11th, 2016 at 6:29:45 AM permalink
Tonight will be a huge game...Blues & Stars, Game 7, Excellent!

Missed Pens/Caps game but was watching score on the phone...3-0 Pens, well guess that game is over! WTF, 3-3 and going to OT!!

I think Sharkies pull it out on Thursday, of course I biased as a Cali resident and now have come to hate Preds based on the Ducks meltdown...does anyone else think Pekka just isn't as good a goalie anymore as everyone makes him out to be? It is rebound central with Pekka and alwyas kicks them right into the high slot...Ducks just never had a man in position. Am surprised SJS didn't wipe those Preds out in 5 at most 6 games. Preds "run" ends tmrw.

I do think Blues come out of the West if they can make it out of Big D. No guarantees on that!

Gotta love this time of year...
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
May 11th, 2016 at 3:20:38 PM permalink
I am nervously optimistic about the Blues game tonight. I think they are in a better position mentally than they've ever been to deal with messing up in the 1st period of game 6, and then come back strong tonight.

However, it always makes me nervous when it's down to one game, as one little bounce, bump, bad penalty, bad offside call/non-call, broken stick, or anything else can make the difference between winning and losing. Especially with two teams so evenly matched. The Blues could dominate most of the game and still find themselves down 2-1 or 3-2 due to Lehtonen standing on his head, or getting help from the posts and crossbar. One bad bounce could turn a power play into a short handed breakaway.

I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping that Tarasenko can use his quick release to find the back of the net tonight, as well as Backes clogging up the middle of the slot and redirecting a shot from the point in.

LGB!
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Paradigm
Paradigm
May 11th, 2016 at 9:45:24 PM permalink
Well I get that the Blues fans are happy with the win, but I hope we get a little more entertaining Game 7 tomorrow in the Sharks/Preds match up.
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 3:06:25 AM permalink
That was the most boring game to watch outside of St l
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 3:59:53 PM permalink
Sorry for you SJ fans. I just took them at -1.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 12th, 2016 at 4:16:43 PM permalink

Sorry for you SJ fans. I just took them at -1.

I'm thinking I should bet the other way. You seem to be such a loser ;-) How do I do that? Is this stuff legal? How much did you bet, I'm thinking double on the opposite result ?

<edit > if you wish to say 'bite me' you can just cut and paste from here ..........
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 5:23:01 PM permalink
Haha yeah I am possibly the worst sports bettor out there. I am 41% on lines with MLB thus year so nashville +1 should be a lock. This will be $40 down the drain.
Keeneone
Keeneone
May 20th, 2016 at 9:38:45 PM permalink

Was the caps pens game as fun to watch for anyone else. I loved that they weren't calling any penalties other than the ones they basically had to call.

Sorry, have not been around much. Congrats to the Pens! They really hammered the Caps and took the series. Murray in Game 3 (after 49 SOG!) was wonderful, he really made a big difference in the series. The series was not really about the "stars" Ove or the Kid. The better performing team won and advanced.

Still watching the playoff games and they have been entertaining. Not sure who is the best team left, but that is why they play the games...
GWAE
GWAE
May 21st, 2016 at 8:31:28 AM permalink
I think the loss last night was a good thing. Fleury will probably be back in and I think he gives them the best chance to win.
GWAE
GWAE
May 24th, 2016 at 7:46:02 PM permalink
Can't take these 1 goal games. Makes my heart hurt.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
May 24th, 2016 at 8:48:03 PM permalink

Ended up ending the third the same way we went in, up three goals. Coming home for the decider.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
May 26th, 2016 at 7:33:17 PM permalink

This
GWAE
GWAE
May 26th, 2016 at 8:04:16 PM permalink
Ok intense game over. Heart rate returning to nornal.

Haha, just realized I won my bet from earlier in the year as well.
GWAE
GWAE
June 6th, 2016 at 7:26:59 PM permalink
This has got to be killing Face
GWAE
GWAE
June 12th, 2016 at 7:37:20 PM permalink
I know I know you all have this thread blocked. But ahhhhhhhhhh 4 minutes to go
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
June 12th, 2016 at 7:48:12 PM permalink
7 years ago the day Pittsburgh last won it here in Detroit, I was playing blackjack with two of their players at MGM earlier that day.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
tringlomane
tringlomane
June 12th, 2016 at 10:45:48 PM permalink

This has got to be killing Face

Killed me too. Of the final 8 teams, the team I wanted it to win the least, won. Well, I would have hated Tampa to win again too I guess. And Crosby sure took his sweet time to shake hands...smh Save the celebrating when the Cup in your hands, jerk. I also wonder if Gary Bettman's successor will always be booed as well...haha
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 13th, 2016 at 5:57:58 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Killed me too. Of the final 8 teams, the team I wanted it to win the least, won. Well, I would have hated Tampa to win again too I guess. And Crosby sure took his sweet time to shake hands...smh Save the celebrating when the Cup in your hands, jerk. I also wonder if Gary Bettman's successor will always be booed as well...haha

The reaction to Bettman is hilarious. The only thing I didn't like is that it seemed to continue too far into when he was presenting the Smythe and the Cup.

I thought the same thing about Crosby and the handshake line--just let the Sharks off the ice and celebrate...

One of my most treasured sports pictures is of me touching the Cup when it was on display at the Capital Centre during a playoff series.
GWAE
GWAE
June 13th, 2016 at 6:13:37 AM permalink
Yeah I thought it was awkward having them on the ice but I think it is like that every year.

I don't understand the wide spread booing of bettman. I didn't realize he was hated that much.

I also have a picture of me touching the cup and the con smythe. The last time they won the Pens had a big party and I went to it. The cup was behind a rope but I reached over the rope and touched it. Then got yelled at by the cup keeper. Totally worth it.
RonC
RonC
June 13th, 2016 at 7:33:40 AM permalink

Yeah I thought it was awkward having them on the ice but I think it is like that every year.

The losing team stays on the ice until the traditional handshake is finished. The Captain of the winning team starts the handshake. Crosby took way too long to do that. It made it awkward when it is normally just part of the end of the series. Once the handshake is done, the losing team skates off and the presentations begin. I also noticed that the referees stayed on the ice (off in a corner, on one knee)--I guess because of how truly awesome it is to see the Cup awarded. Refs usually depart quickly...

I don't understand the wide spread booing of bettman. I didn't realize he was hated that much.

People just don't like him.

I also have a picture of me touching the cup and the con smythe. The last time they won the Pens had a big party and I went to it. The cup was behind a rope but I reached over the rope and touched it. Then got yelled at by the cup keeper. Totally worth it.

Very nice!!
GWAE
GWAE
June 13th, 2016 at 7:42:28 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The losing team stays on the ice until the traditional handshake is finished. The Captain of the winning team starts the handshake. Crosby took way too long to do that. It made it awkward when it is normally just part of the end of the series. Once the handshake is done, the losing team skates off and the presentations begin. I also noticed that the referees stayed on the ice (off in a corner, on one knee)--I guess because of how truly awesome it is to see the Cup awarded. Refs usually depart quickly...

People just don't like him.

Very nice!!

Ahhh I didn't realize the captain started it, just kinda thought it was organized by someone. No clue why I thought that.

Being the losing team while they celebrate has got to be absolutely horrible. I can just imagine the jealousy and envious feelings that they have. Especially the older people or the ones who know they are retiring this year.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
June 13th, 2016 at 11:46:05 AM permalink

The Conn Smythe, I am not so sure about, although it definitely goes back to at least when Gretzky played, as he was given one after they had already handed out the Stanley Cup. I can think of two reasons they made the switch to before; one, so they don't have to interrupt the celebration, and two, just in case somebody on the losing team wins it (and it has happened - the commissioner usually tips this in advance by saying something like, "Remember, the Conn Smythe is for the entire playoffs, and not just the finals").

The Cup itself is always done on the ice, as one of the NHL's greatest traditions is "skating the cup." It has changed in recent years; it used to be that the team skated pretty much along the edge of the ice surface, handing it from one player to another, but now the team just stands around in one spot while whoever has the cup skates out alone before handing it off.

As for booing Bettman, when was the last time a commissioner of one of the "big four" was not booed at an event like this. or at the league draft? Each league's commissioner is considered the figurehead for everything that is wrong with the league.
Paradigm
Paradigm
June 13th, 2016 at 2:43:04 PM permalink
I give you your 2016 Conn Smythe winner: Act Like You Play in the NHL, not the EPL

I love it how today's headline read "Crosby Solidifies His Legacy" when it should say, "NHL Decides Crosby Career is 'Good Enough' for Conn Smythe"

Tell me again how you are the most valuable player in the playoffs when your team is outscored with you on the ice?

I know, I know, when you are the leading scorer on your team that, that makes you the most valuable...wait, that was Phil Kessel on the HBK line (the most valuable line for the Pens), scratch that theory.

Here is what makes sense, Crosby backstopped the Pens throughout the playoffs coming is as an unproven rookie, bouncing back hard from every loss to be unbeaten in the next games posting a sub 2.00 GAA in those games...oh wait, that was Matt Murray. No doubt in my mind the Pens don't win the Cup with "Flowers" in net even if he was healthy all season...the guy is the Pens "Niemi"...one Cup and done, the Pens won in spite of Flowers performance in 2009 (2.61 GAA/SV% 0.908)...but definitely pick Cindy over Murray for the CS as Murray wasn't a difference maker.

And as far as Cindy "quarterbacking" the winning OT goal in Game Two of the Finals...what a joke. He goes back to Letang and says I am going to pull it back to you...just look how surprised Sheary is when he gets the puck from Letang: Sheary has no idea he is getting the puck...but I guess that was the 'quarterback' calling Sheary's number and forgetting to tell Sheary. Letang made that happen all Cindy did was win the puck on a face off. But again the NHL & Media make this big deal about how Crosby "QB's the play".

This was a clear knighting of Crosby by the NHL, which is fine, just tell it like it is. Cindy has been a phenomenal producer over his career despite acting like a European Soccer Player a lot of the time and we may not get another chance to give him the Conn Smythe so we are going to overlook other player performances this playoffs so Cindy can "win" it and not be the guy that got out shined by his teammates in both Cup wins...that won't play as well in the HHOF down the road!
GWAE
GWAE
June 13th, 2016 at 3:50:04 PM permalink
I can understand all the hating of Crosby especially from his early days but I really think this year he was a different player/person. He is definitely way over hyped by the media and thr NHL but I think that is out of desperation. They want so badly for him or anyone to be loved to draw ratings. From what local media said Pittsburgh crushed the ratings of all other cities thr entire playoffs. We had something like a 31 tv rating last night and that is with out the 20k fans who were at the arena to watch the game on the jumbotron. SJ only had a 7 rating. I think the NHL will do whatever they think will make the fans in Pittsburgh happy.

I definitely think Kessel should have won the con smythe. I was really hoping he would have won it. Toronto fans have got to be pissed about how he played.

In 09 I was at a bar watching game 7 and didn't pay much attention to the after game coverage and i generally don't watch it for other teams to win. What in don't understand is why trainers and other Un knowns get the cup on the ice and kiss it. I understand that they are important parts of the team but it feels awkward that they do that on the ice. Most of them don't even get their names on the cup. I think the on ice stuff should be limited to the playes and coaches.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 13th, 2016 at 4:00:19 PM permalink

Toronto fans have got to be pissed about how he played.

Nope. Proud of the lil gnome. Good for him =)

Quote: Paradigm

This was a clear knighting of Crosby by the NHL, which is fine, just tell it like it is. Cindy has been a phenomenal producer over his career despite acting like a European Soccer Player a lot of the time and we may not get another chance to give him the Conn Smythe so we are going to overlook other player performances this playoffs so Cindy can "win" it and not be the guy that got out shined by his teammates in both Cup wins...that won't play as well in the HHOF down the road!

Jesus Christ. Drop the mic and take your bow. Scared my kid I laughed so hard XD

Really enjoyed that, Paradigm. I decent rundown that, while biased, was steeped in fact. That's the type of perfect combo I can really appreciate.

And though that #$%@^# has a cup, and can still walk and talk, I will find solace in the fact that the Leafs haven't lost in a while.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
June 13th, 2016 at 4:50:11 PM permalink
I grew up near Pittsburgh and am a huge Pens, Steelers, and Bucco Fan. I do agree that other players should or could of won the Conn Smythe Trophy. However who gives a s---t about who won some dumb MVP award anyway. The point is that the Pens could of easily won a few more Stanley Cups in the last 7 years and it appears that most of you are just hating on the Pens. I wish Crosby would of broke Joe Thornton's knee on that whack in the first face off of Game 6! The Sharks played a very dirty series anyway and got away with a lot of penalties that should of been called. I seen Joe whack Crosby so hard his helmet came off followed by a cross check more than once in multiple games. The Sharks got what they deserved which was hot boiling broth making a tasty Shark Fin Soup!

One of my most treasured sports pictures is of me touching the Cup when it was on display at the Capital Centre during a playoff series.

I can relate to this. About 10 years ago I was downtown near the Fitz and low and behold there was the Stanley Cup. I got a lot of great pictures with me and my best friend with it. I wish they would of let me pick it up over my head but that is a no no I suppose. The only thing I wonder is if it was the Real Stanley Cup. I have heard rumors in the past they actually have a few fakes that travel around and nobody is the wiser :) !
RonC
RonC
June 13th, 2016 at 6:29:21 PM permalink
I know that Crosby was not the MVP of the Capitals series. I dislike that guy. I'd probably like him if he was on "my"" team...

I thought the goalie should win it...
Paradigm
Paradigm
June 13th, 2016 at 7:47:49 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

....The point is that the Pens could of easily won a few more Stanley Cups in the last 7 years...

They actually would have win more Cups if they quit putting Cindy's friend, "Flowers", in net!
Quote: monet04121

...I wish Crosby would of broke Joe Thornton's knee on that whack in the first face off of Game 6!

You see, you root for and defend this instead of just saying Cindy is a cheap shot artist that needs to figure out how act like the elite player that he is...that is a problem with a lot of Pens fans. How can you defend him whacking that glove away from the opposing player in the previous link after the whistle was blown. He is just a loser that way.

You never see Geno do these sorts of things. Look how Cullen played for your Pens this year at what 38 years old...celebrate that. Or Bonino, total class act getting it done or Haglin, another class act getting it done. Or Phat Phil, who despite all the abuse while in Boston/Toronto, has never been a bad dude...he was one of the Pens I thought it would be great if he finally broke through. But instead Pittsburgh rallies around Sydney and buys all that Crosby gear?

...I seen Joe whack Crosby so hard his helmet came off followed by a cross check more than once in multiple games...

You mean this: Cindy's Helmet Goes Flying...I keep looking for the puck in this picture as Crosby tries to pin Jumbo Joe to the boards. It was dished to the other side of the rink 5 secs prior (see Cindy looking for it after the helmet flies off). There should have been offsetting roughly and interference penalties called. Pierre was claiming on the broadcast how "Cindy has matured" by skating away there and not taking a retaliatory penalty....haha, Thorton would have buried Cindy and since he didn't have any teammates nearby, he knew he would get his head handed to him before help arrived. He couldn't afford to retaliate...there was no one there to tie up Jumbo Joe so Cindy could jump into his familiar roll of "third woman in" :-p

I am not hating on the Pens...just #87. Why....cause he deserves it! And Geno, Cullen, Bonino, Kessel & Murray should be celebrated...but as with the Conn Smythe, the right thing to do is harder to explain....the ugly truth that is Cindy Crosby is something the NHL nor Pens Fans really want to admit.
monet0412
monet0412
June 13th, 2016 at 10:06:25 PM permalink
Wow... that is some serious hate for a guy you call Cindy. Whatever, this is all subjective anyway. I guess if your Canadian you hate him when he scores the game winner for your gold medal. This doesn't matter to me. People gonna hate great players no matter what. You and others might be correct in some aspects. I can admit that. I love hockey out of all the sports though, its the best...as Nacho Libre... would say. One thing you can't take away from this guy. After he won his first cup he got raped pretty hard. Broken head and body over and over and has managed to bounce back. You want to call him a cry baby or Primadonna or whatever that is ok with me. You also have to respect that he has won a lot of trophies at all levels of play. I guess he isn't very good, he just cries a lot and somehow manages to be on the winning side of things. This is hockey right? No matter what... you have to get out on the ice and play over and over again. If I am wrong on all other points there is one that I am not ever gonna be wrong at and that is that he has proven that he is a tough guy as all hockey players are in my mind. It's not like you don't have plenty of a holes in all sports but I'd rather have Sid on my team hustling compared to having that Russian that plays for the Capitals who hasn't won anything and hasn't even got his team to the Stanley Cup Finals for all that money he gets paid :) !! Lot's more to debate but who cares really... Pens are the Champs and thats that! Honestly the Sharks looked awful against the Pens and it amazes me they didn't get swept. Sharks shoot 6 shots on net in two periods combined at home in Game 6... lol pretty ugly.

On a side note ... The only player that I can think of that I would hate even if he was on my team would be Lebron James...now I really hate me some LeBron lol!!

I know that Crosby was not the MVP of the Capitals series. I dislike that guy. I'd probably like him if he was on "my"" team...

I thought the goalie should win it...

I think if you look at the numbers... Kessel deserved it. However its Sid/Mario's Team and Malkin won it last time with some crazy 36pt total so they have to give it to Sidney really. Like I say it's just some dumb MVP trophy that doesn't really matter. Lord Stanley's Cup is what it's all about in the end!
Last edited by: monet0412 on Jun 13, 2016
GWAE
GWAE
May 25th, 2017 at 7:42:05 PM permalink
Sigh, I don't have the heart for overtime.
GWAE
GWAE
May 25th, 2017 at 9:02:39 PM permalink

Sigh, I don't have the heart for overtime.

Ok whew. That was crazy
monet0412
monet0412
May 25th, 2017 at 9:31:05 PM permalink

Ok whew. That was crazy

Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!!

Michael Michael Motorcycle and I'll be Cow Kicked!!

Let's go Pens... do it again back to back and to all you people who call Sid ... Cindy... you can choke on it !!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 25th, 2017 at 9:41:10 PM permalink
Poor Canada. They haven't won the cup since Montreal in 1993.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
May 26th, 2017 at 1:21:06 AM permalink

Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too!!

Michael Michael Motorcycle and I'll be Cow Kicked!!

Let's go Pens... do it again back to back and to all you people who call Sid ... Cindy... you can choke on it !!

Why are you a pens fan? You're not from Pittsburgh, are you?
monet0412
monet0412
May 26th, 2017 at 2:04:23 AM permalink

Why are you a pens fan? You're not from Pittsburgh, are you?

Yes... grew up in Youngwood and Greensburg PA...ran away to Vegas when I was 16 believe it or not!
GWAE
GWAE
May 26th, 2017 at 4:09:42 AM permalink

Yes... grew up in Youngwood and Greensburg PA...ran away to Vegas when I was 16 believe it or not!

I think I knew that. You may have mentioned thst before
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 26th, 2017 at 5:05:25 AM permalink
Somebody needs to re-do "Damn Yankees" instead as "Damn Penguins"!!

I'd watch it.

GWoAE, you need to DVR your games. You live on the East coast, dude. And the bonus is, you get to skip the commercials.

Disclaimer: I know, some people have to many friends calling them during the game. I have also been told that for some folks if the immediacy is lost, they just can't handle the idea. Lastly, there is the problem of accidentally hearing the outcome - that one is a problem for me too. However, I am hooked on DVR for sports
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Paradigm
Paradigm
May 26th, 2017 at 8:21:59 AM permalink
The other problem on DVR'ing hockey is ensuring the recording is extending long enough for a double OT game like last night's...it completely sucks to have avoided hearing the result, watch regulation and one OT only to realize you didn't set the DVR to record 2+ hours after the game just in case it went to double or triple OT...The Horror!!

And count me in the non Sidney Fan Club...but he we're all biased for our teams...I don't know too many folks outsie of Ducks fans that think Kesler & Perry aren't POS's ;-p.

And hand Pens the Cup right now...Rinne may be able to win a few games when his team is outshot 2 to 1, but with healthy Kid & Malkin, Pens are going to out up 40+ shots a night while the Preds get 20 from the blue line and hope someone can put in a rebound...Murray will shut that down...Congrats on back to back Cups!! Pens in 5, cause Rinne will steal 1, otherwise it would be a sweep.
Last edited by: Paradigm on May 26, 2017
  • Jump to: