kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 14th, 2014 at 9:09:27 PM permalink
Last night the 76ers, who are winless this year trailed by 44 points at halftime, 73-29 on way to a 53 point drubbing in Dallas.

I checked the line at Stations and Westgate for todays game against Houston. The sixers were getting 17 points. I was looking for a moneyline but there was none posted at either place (although Westgate did have Houston @ -$4500, but no money line on the sixers.

I was interested in the game because despite that fact that the sixers are the worst team in the NBA and should be an overwhelming underdog every single night, you just can't lose like they did last night without it lighting a fire under the players. Those players even overmatched, have to have some pride and surely were humiliated last night. So I was hoping to take a shot at the moneyline which I figured would be in +2000 neighborhood for $100 bucks. Since there was no moneyline, I did throw a couple hundred on the +17, but it was the moneyline that I was after and didn't get. The Final: Houston 88, 76ers 87. Sixers missed a shot with :02 seconds left. Had I found and wagered that moneyline, I think I would have been ticked! Lol

I can't help but wonder if anyone laid any kind of big money on Houston at -$4500, thinking it was a sure thing?
moses
moses
  • Threads: 11
November 14th, 2014 at 9:18:11 PM permalink
I've made it a cardinal rule never to give more than 3 1/2 points in the NBA. Too many times I've seen the favorite up 6 and laying 5 only to give the opposition an easy layup with less than 5 seconds to go.

But I like you logic. Knowing someone that worked in the 76ers organization remaining competitive is vital. Ticket sales don't come easy for a bad team in Philly.
  • Jump to: