Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
April 7th, 2014 at 10:50:40 PM permalink
I understand, but don't think baseball looking the other way is the answer.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
April 7th, 2014 at 11:02:41 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I understand, but don't think baseball looking the other way is the answer.

I never said that. They wouldn't "look the other way", they would legalize it and regulate it. They have the power to do this.
By looking the other way you are saying they don't agree and it is illegal but they choose to ignore it because they still make stink loads of money......
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Tomspur
Tomspur
April 8th, 2014 at 5:00:01 PM permalink
We found some offence!!! But then again, we only beat the terrible Yankees :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 8th, 2014 at 10:22:41 PM permalink
20 hits / 14 runs is a red letter day no matter what. A Capital Red Letter Day against the Yankees, I would think. Would love to see my Twins blow them out like that. :D
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tomspur
Tomspur
April 9th, 2014 at 9:57:18 PM permalink
Another hearbreaker for the Yankees.....I'm trying to feel bad, I really am but it is just so damn hard :)
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
April 9th, 2014 at 9:59:23 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

20 hits / 14 runs is a red letter day no matter what. A Capital Red Letter Day against the Yankees, I would think. Would love to see my Twins blow them out like that. :D

Twins did a nice job getting 2 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it today, only to have the bullpen implode in extras.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 9th, 2014 at 10:03:17 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Twins did a nice job getting 2 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it today, only to have the bullpen implode in extras.

Rats. Thanks for the update, michael, sorry to hear the result. It's a little early to say it's gonna be another one of those years, but....sigh.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tomspur
Tomspur
April 9th, 2014 at 10:10:56 PM permalink
What, we still have another 152 odd games left.....yeah we still have a ways to go.

Still, anytime any team beats up on the Yankees, it is a good day in my book.

Sorry Speedy :)
Tomspur
Tomspur
April 10th, 2014 at 7:15:46 PM permalink
Have a look at the log jam atop the AL East. I have a feeling this is going to be the case for the whole year, especially if Toronto remains comeptitive with that great offence they have.

Going to be an interesting series with Baltimore this weekend!!!

Let's go O's!!!
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
April 10th, 2014 at 8:33:15 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

You are absolutely right, you don't have to.

Steroids will forever change the game and in my opinion, they should simply be legalized and regulated in the off season. They help you heal quicker and build up muscle quicker after a serious injury.

I know this is a radical opinion but so many guys are using them in ALL sports just about, why not accept that and regulate what guys can and cannot use?

Surely steroids don't give you better hand/eye co-ordination?

I am not a fan of wrestling, but I am told that they are dropping like flies at an early age. Schwarzenneger had to have heart surgery as steriods may build up muscle mass..but will wreak havoc on internal organs. Steriods also cause rages which would be fine if they only happened with the person in a cage....but they(the rages)adversely affect family and the general public.
Other than that.....I guess people can say that if they are entertained it doesnt matter.

When someone on steriods goes home and the kids and wife have to walk on eggshelfs so daddy doesnt fly off the handle is a possibility.Can I say that as long as I can see a hme run its worth it. Not for me. Some hulking athelete on steriods screams at your daughter terrorizing her because they are out of cherry coke at the 7-11...and its just the price we pay for unleashing more steriod users on society by making it legal in sports...as long as we can get our fill of home runs.

I dont buy into that. Baseball becomes a freakshow

And more importantly in the light of the concussion lawsuits that the NFL faces....if any sports league allowed steriods, and they became the norm in order to keep your job.....get ready for the lawsuites 20 years later when health deteriorates.

• Jump to: