LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
April 3rd, 2014 at 8:34:02 PM permalink
Just some thoughts as I usually bet on weekends.

I wont touch SJ....and think if they play LA in the first round they are toaste. Again after a very good point total in regular season...they may be done early, They peaked a month ago.

Pitt- is anoher one that peaked too early. I wont touch them for an individual game

Probably the only teams I might bet would be the Rangers who seem to be peaking now, LA which has a goalie good enought to get then the 2-1 win or 1-0.
And Aneheim....which can outscore most teams. Boston at home is hard to beat. And Stl at home.

I am shakey on chicago...something about that team that is inconsistant to me...I view them as second tier playoff team along with colorado and tampa.

I will guess Boston/ LA in the finals

What the heck happened to toronto in the second half of the year....they looked good early on.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 3rd, 2014 at 8:49:32 PM permalink
Blues are best team in NHL.
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
April 3rd, 2014 at 11:17:16 PM permalink
St. Louis over Boston in 6.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 4th, 2014 at 6:32:57 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

What the heck happened to toronto in the second half of the year....they looked good early on.

Are you new to the NHL?

That's like asking "What happened to the sun? It was up all day and now it's dark" ;)

So for now I'm a Habs fan until they get bounced, then I'll be a Boston fan until the Finals.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 4th, 2014 at 6:35:53 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Are you new to the NHL?

That's like asking "What happened to the sun? It was up all day and now it's dark" ;)

So for now I'm a Habs fan until they get bounced, then I'll be a Boston fan until the Finals.

I'll be rooting for the Sabres in the playoffs.... Ryan Miller, Derek Roy, Steve Ott, Jordan Leopold.... Oh wait, they play for St. Louis now....
Face
Administrator
Face
April 4th, 2014 at 6:47:19 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'll be rooting for the Sabres in the playoffs.... Ryan Miller, Derek Roy, Steve Ott, Jordan Leopold.... Oh wait, they play for St. Louis now....

Happens all the time. Name one guy that left Buffalo and did worse. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I wonder if it's a product of Buffalo always having good guys and not knowing how to unleash them, or if, after leaving Buffalo, they realize how bad it can be and work their asses off to never have to experience it again.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 4th, 2014 at 8:07:30 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Blues are best team in NHL.

I approve this message.

Quote: Calder

St. Louis over Boston in 6.

I hope, but being a St. Louis native, I know this is a tall order. If the blues get there, I won't want to think about ticket prices. I'll be tempted to go. :-/

I'm a Habs fan because it's the best use of my knowledge of French because I was stupid in high school and didn't take Spanish. Hopefully you'll be a blues fan for 10 days or so. I was gonna put money on the blues in Feb. If they were 5 to 1 or better. I didn't shop around too much since I'm not a big sports bettor, but CET was 9 to 2. Meh.
Face
Administrator
Face
April 4th, 2014 at 8:16:52 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I'm a Habs fan because it's the best use of my knowledge of French because I was stupid in high school and didn't take Spanish. Hopefully you'll be a blues fan for 10 days or so. I was gonna put money on the blues in Feb. If they were 5 to 1 or better. I didn't shop around too much since I'm not a big sports bettor, but CET was 9 to 2. Meh.

I doubt it. I think Blues and I think Brett Hull. That is my only knowledge of them, and as you can see, it's quite dated.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the NHL. All I know is the northeast. TOR, BUF, MON, BOS, OTT. I don't even recognize the Rangers or Islanders, let alone the rest of the continent.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 4th, 2014 at 8:18:44 AM permalink

Are you new to the NHL?

The Leafs aren't done quite yet, and the Wings aren't on their 23rd play off appearance yet either...

I do have the Blues to make it to the finals (and 50/1 on the Wings to win it all, but that's just a Homer bet).
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 4th, 2014 at 9:14:02 AM permalink
I have Blues at 10-1.

I was a season ticket holder for 3 years when I lived in STL. That was when they just started getting good. I can't wait for the playoffs, this is the best Blues team ever. They have no weakness and can beat anyone (except LA).
LarryS
LarryS
April 4th, 2014 at 9:37:45 AM permalink

Are you new to the NHL?

yes I am for..... the last almost 3 months

other than hearing about local SJ year after year on the local sports talk radio

thanks for asking

its just a betting vehicle for me that I added...I have no love for the game.

Naming a stl player from decades ago deosnt help my bet TODAY.nor would it be any badge of honor for me to regurgitate that name.

I think being a "fan" has its place, though, for others that like to live vicariously through the lives of others."we won": WE.....won.....funny...and play the game "QUE ES MAS MACHO"

Just not my cup of tea.

But "betting vehicles" without being "fans" should be right up the alley of this website.

There are other websites for fans where people can pound their chests and impress each other with historical minutia. I wouldnt really need to go there.

My post was for betting purposes....I never said I was a fan , nor asked what a "fan" would predict for the playoffs.

being a "fan" is contraindicated to successful betting.

but again thanks for asking
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 4th, 2014 at 11:08:47 AM permalink
Yeah, but knowing the Leafs collapse year after year... you have to know that's something odd and worth tracking... nothing to do with fandom. More to do with the way the organization is run. It's like knowing the Red Wings have a 22 season streak of making the playoffs. The organization has a record of how to bring players through and push into the playoffs.

These factors are useful in betting. Fandom or otherwise.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
LarryS
LarryS
April 4th, 2014 at 12:11:23 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Yeah, but knowing the Leafs collapse year after year... you have to know that's something odd and worth tracking... nothing to do with fandom. More to do with the way the organization is run. It's like knowing the Red Wings have a 22 season streak of making the playoffs. The organization has a record of how to bring players through and push into the playoffs.

These factors are useful in betting. Fandom or otherwise.

And not being a fan. I asked a question. I thought it was worth someones opinion as to whether they thought the 3 vs 4 line system was the blame. Or was it just poor talent and poor defense that has to be replaced.

And got the response I would expect from a fan

the word fan is derived fromt he word fanatic.

there is no room for fanaticism in gambling.

dont get me wrong. I enjoyed the response.

the person who responded dd the best he could...and thats all i can ask
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 4th, 2014 at 12:37:53 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

And not being a fan. I asked a question. I thought it was worth someones opinion as to whether they thought the 3 vs 4 line system was the blame. Or was it just poor talent and poor defense that has to be replaced.

And got the response I would expect from a fan

the word fan is derived fromt he word fanatic.

there is no room for fanaticism in gambling.

dont get me wrong. I enjoyed the response.

the perso who responded ddi the best he could...and thats all i can ask

I'm sorry, I missed the question.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
April 5th, 2014 at 8:33:44 PM permalink

Happens all the time. Name one guy that left Buffalo and did worse. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I wonder if it's a product of Buffalo always having good guys and not knowing how to unleash them, or if, after leaving Buffalo, they realize how bad it can be and work their asses off to never have to experience it again.

Hmmmm, that is pretty much the same feelings that we have in Carolina.
How do you get Carolina forwards to score 30 goals in a season? Trade 'em.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
April 5th, 2014 at 8:40:17 PM permalink
boston is the best team going into the playoffs but it will be a war off attrition, especially in the west.
get second you pig
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
April 6th, 2014 at 12:57:25 AM permalink
Been an Anaheim Season Ticket holder since '96 and I think we can get past Round 1 & either the Kings or SJ in the second. But once I heard Miller to StL, I was crushed. I do think StL takes out Chicago and is the Western Champions...not sure that they have enough agaist Boston, but that is why they play the game. StL at 10-1 is +EV for sure at this point. I have Ducks at 8-1 and while I liked it at the time (Jan 1st), you can get 10-1 at Bovada now! I will be cashing my Seahawks SB ticket when I am back in Vegas next month, so i am free rolling and then some with my Ducks at this point. It is a fan bet and I am OK with the entertainment value :-)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 6th, 2014 at 3:39:56 AM permalink
The Caps don't look good for making the playoffs this year (no surprise to me; they've disappointed me for years).

I guess I will start the playoffs rooting for the Canadiens and Avalanche. Why? there is a player for the Canadiens that was on a team I coached when he was 7 or so...it has been enjoyable watching him through the years. Similar thing for the Avs--a personal connection to someone employed there the past few seasons.

At least that is something..but I'd rather have the Capitals in the mix!!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 6th, 2014 at 4:45:50 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The Caps don't look good

they've put together something weird this year sure enough. Can't seem to score unless it's a power play, their technique on that is down cold. But a mysterious lack of defense. Mysterious to me anyway.

Their new Ruskie Kuznetsov looks promising.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
April 6th, 2014 at 7:38:30 AM permalink
FLYERS!!!

Loud enough?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
April 6th, 2014 at 7:40:16 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

FLYERS!!!

Loud enough?

Not quite : Bruins clinch best record in East with their victory over the Flyers.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
LarryS
LarryS
April 6th, 2014 at 7:12:32 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Been an Anaheim Season Ticket holder since '96 and I think we can get past Round 1 & either the Kings or SJ in the second. But once I heard Miller to StL, I was crushed. I do think StL takes out Chicago and is the Western Champions...not sure that they have enough agaist Boston, but that is why they play the game. StL at 10-1 is +EV for sure at this point. I have Ducks at 8-1 and while I liked it at the time (Jan 1st), you can get 10-1 at Bovada now! I will be cashing my Seahawks SB ticket when I am back in Vegas next month, so i am free rolling and then some with my Ducks at this point. It is a fan bet and I am OK with the entertainment value :-)

I agree they would get past the sharks....but I dont think you have to worry about them. But LA is problematic in 2-1 or 1-0 games which they probably wouldwant to see.
I was so impressed with anaheim during the first 50 games. They were unbeatable at home. I think after 30 games they didnt lose at home in regulation...or something like that. I had a good streak betting on them. During that time they would overcome 2 goal deficits, pull out games 5-4 and could also win 2-1.
Now in the last 30 games, they let SJ catch up to them...and thats with SJ loosing something like 6 or 7 out of their last 10 games.

You think they already peaked? As a fan I would think your answer would be "no"

But u are there at every home game....whats missing during the last approx 30 games...that was there for the first 50.
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 6th, 2014 at 8:05:51 PM permalink
It was 2nd & 3rd line scoring that went dead and I think Hiller is not playing as well as early on. Didn't like trading Fasth as that combo was pretty good in pushing one another.

We have some secondary scoring coming back now, but Hiller has looked awful the last few games. Couple of softies again tonight. We need Fowler back for sure as well for PP production.

St Louis is starting to show some cracks and an inability to score....will be very tight down the stretch but with Ducks loss tonight I think out West St L stays 1, Ducks 2 and SJ/Kings can beat the crap out of each other in round 1.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 6th, 2014 at 8:31:51 PM permalink
I'm an StL resident and long time Blues fan. While this is obviously the best team we've likely ever had, the last week or so has been horrific. We simply can't put the puck in the net, and have been giving up more than our normal share of goals. I went to yesterday's home game vs Colorado, and they looked completely lethargic, despite having normal rest w/o any travel. Only saw parts of of today's game at Chicago and it was a better effort but still not great.

I'm hoping some of this is due to line changes necessitated by injuries to Steen & Tarasenko, but they just don't have consistant scoring lately. Steen is day to day but Tarasenko will not be back until the 2nd round of the playoffs at the earliest, due to hand surgery. Also hoping that some of the veterans we've brought in (Ott, Morrow, Leopold) will help with toughness in the playoffs.

Two weeks ago I'd have told you with certainty that we'd be a lock to make the conference championship, now I'm worried about getting past Dallas in the first round much less Colorado or Chicago in the second round. I really hope they get things figured out on the last four games.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
LarryS
LarryS
April 6th, 2014 at 9:16:42 PM permalink

It was 2nd & 3rd line scoring that went dead and I think Hiller is not playing as well as early on. Didn't like trading Fasth as that combo was pretty good in pushing one another.

We have some secondary scoring coming back now, but Hiller has looked awful the last few games. Couple of softies again tonight. We need Fowler back for sure as well for PP production.

St Louis is starting to show some cracks and an inability to score....will be very tight down the stretch but with Ducks loss tonight I think out West St L stays 1, Ducks 2 and SJ/Kings can beat the crap out of each other in round 1.

thanks for the response....some good facts.

I can tell you are not just an empty suit self proclaimed fan....you know your stuff....and can actually respond intellegently

thanks
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 7th, 2014 at 9:32:47 AM permalink
Quote: Toes14

I'm an StL resident and long time Blues fan. While this is obviously the best team we've likely ever had, the last week or so has been horrific. We simply can't put the puck in the net, and have been giving up more than our normal share of goals. I went to yesterday's home game vs Colorado, and they looked completely lethargic, despite having normal rest w/o any travel. Only saw parts of of today's game at Chicago and it was a better effort but still not great.

I'm hoping some of this is due to line changes necessitated by injuries to Steen & Tarasenko, but they just don't have consistant scoring lately. Steen is day to day but Tarasenko will not be back until the 2nd round of the playoffs at the earliest, due to hand surgery. Also hoping that some of the veterans we've brought in (Ott, Morrow, Leopold) will help with toughness in the playoffs.

Two weeks ago I'd have told you with certainty that we'd be a lock to make the conference championship, now I'm worried about getting past Dallas in the first round much less Colorado or Chicago in the second round. I really hope they get things figured out on the last four games.

Toes, your back end will hold up well in the playoffs and when Steen is back, the scoring will be back as well. With the acquisition of Miller, the only question for StL was answered: Elliott & Miller between the pipes, one of them is going to be the hot hand.

Tarasenko is a big loss and you will need him come the second round against Chi/CO. If you make it past the second round and Tarasenko is back for Conference Finals, I think it is tough to believe that StL won't be in the Finals.....barring other injuries.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 7th, 2014 at 8:53:30 PM permalink
Thanks for the optimism. I hope you are right. This city is starved for a Stanley Cup, being the oldest team in existence never to win it. It's been 13 years since we even made the Conference finals.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
  • Threads: 24
May 11th, 2014 at 8:04:53 PM permalink
Penguins lose game 7 and I will lose my mind.
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.
Paradigm
Paradigm
May 11th, 2014 at 8:29:51 PM permalink
Quote: Lemieux66

Penguins lose game 7 and I will lose my mind.

Fleury is starting to look like Fleury......it doesn't look good to me. And it would be nice if Crosby started acting like a leader.....Sid the Kid isn't even among the top 5 captains in the league when it comes to leadership......Lemieux must be embarrassed!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 11th, 2014 at 8:41:25 PM permalink

Fleury is starting to look like Fleury......it doesn't look good to me. And it would be nice if Crosby started acting like a leader.....Sid the Kid isn't even among the top 5 captains in the league when it comes to leadership......Lemieux must be embarrassed!

I really like Crosby (I am a homer) but there is something amiss with him. Face has complained about him about his diving, complaining, and lack of hockey educate. You see none of that in these playoffs. I just don't get it. He seems disinterested in the game right now. Even in interviews (local TV so you out of towners probably don't see these), he just doesn't look like he wants to be there. I have watched every game since he has been here and have seen more interviews than I can remember but he just isn't the same this year. It is almost like he wants to lose so the coaches get fired.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
May 12th, 2014 at 10:51:14 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I really like Crosby (I am a homer) but there is something amiss with him. Face has complained about him about his diving, complaining, and lack of hockey educate. You see none of that in these playoffs. I just don't get it. He seems disinterested in the game right now. Even in interviews (local TV so you out of towners probably don't see these), he just doesn't look like he wants to be there. I have watched every game since he has been here and have seen more interviews than I can remember but he just isn't the same this year. It is almost like he wants to lose so the coaches get fired.

HAH. You want disinterested you can have Eric Staal. And now that we have ruined Jordan Staal, you can have him back too.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
May 12th, 2014 at 11:35:36 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

HAH. You want disinterested you can have Eric Staal. And now that we have ruined Jordan Staal, you can have him back too.

I'd rather have Ron Francis and a Time Machine.
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 12th, 2014 at 4:44:12 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I really like Crosby (I am a homer) but there is something amiss with him. Face has complained about him about his diving, complaining, and lack of hockey educate. You see none of that in these playoffs. I just don't get it.

Ah, but I also said this exact thing...

And it would be nice if Crosby started acting like a leader.....Sid the Kid isn't even among the top 5 captains in the league when it comes to leadership......

I think "disinterested" is a very apt way to put it. I gotta admit, I haven't even noticed him once in either of the series. I mean, occasionally I'll see "87" enter my screen, but he's been about as noticeable as Marcel Goc.

Marcel who, you may ask? Exactly.

Now if you'll excuse me, the Habs are on and I have 2.5 hours of breath holding to partake in.
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
  • Threads: 1
May 12th, 2014 at 4:49:18 PM permalink
C'est le but!
2/3
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
May 12th, 2014 at 4:59:54 PM permalink

Ah, but I also said this exact thing...

I think "disinterested" is a very apt way to put it. I gotta admit, I haven't even noticed him once in either of the series. I mean, occasionally I'll see "87" enter my screen, but he's been about as noticeable as Marcel Goc.

Marcel who, you may ask? Exactly.

Now if you'll excuse me, the Habs are on and I have 2.5 hours of breath holding to partake in.

I'm pulling for Montreal tonight.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 12th, 2014 at 5:09:20 PM permalink

And Wednesday, I'd imagine. Ain't no one want a piece of Boston.
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 5:14:32 PM permalink

I like both teams, but Canadian teams take precedent. Our whole country usually gets behind the remaining Canadian team(s) and that city becomes party city.
2/3
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
May 12th, 2014 at 5:33:27 PM permalink
Quote: JoePloppy

I like both teams, but Canadian teams take precedent. Our whole country usually gets behind the remaining Canadian team(s) and that city becomes party city.

Depends. If Pittsburgh wins, I think Montreal is the easier matchup(but still not easy at all). Rangers win, I go Boston. I just DO NOT want the Rangers to win the Cup under any circumstances.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 12th, 2014 at 5:38:54 PM permalink

I just DO NOT want the Rangers to win the Cup under any circumstances.

That's like saying you don't want the sun to blink out forever.

Don't worry. They won't ;)
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 5:41:39 PM permalink

Depends. If Pittsburgh wins, I think Montreal is the easier matchup(but still not easy at all). Rangers win, I go Boston. I just DO NOT want the Rangers to win the Cup under any circumstances.

Did you bet on the champion? Would you switch your bet in the finals if given the choice?
If you bet PIT would you switch to MTL?
2/3
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
May 12th, 2014 at 5:44:22 PM permalink

Did you bet on the champion? Would you switch your bet in the finals if given the choice?

Didn't bet. I just live in NYC, and if I'm not going to be happy then I don't want anyone else to be happy either. My AC trips make me feel the same about the Flyers as well.
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 6:08:09 PM permalink
C'est le but!!!
2/3
Face
Administrator
Face
May 12th, 2014 at 6:10:00 PM permalink

C'est le but!!!

You forgot to add - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't bet. I just live in NYC.

Oof. I'll try to stop picking on you then. You've clearly got it bad enough ;)
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 6:11:17 PM permalink
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cRACK--- pchtssssss. (New beer sound)
2/3
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 6:13:53 PM permalink

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cRACK--- pchtssssss. (New beer sound)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/3
JoePloppy
JoePloppy
May 12th, 2014 at 6:14:50 PM permalink

crack--ptchsssssss
2/3
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 12th, 2014 at 6:20:14 PM permalink
Glad to see everyone is enjoying the pre-season games still :)

There's a real Boston/Habs split in town here... a lot of folks are die hard Boston fans (yes, out on the West Coast), from their families or a anti-Vancouver thing or something. And the Habs have their own special place in the cultural identity of many Quebecois. But the local pub I was in Saturday night was a whole bunch of very glum Montreal fans, but that was still enjoyable hockey in the last 20 minutes... the digging in to try and get out, the spirited efforts that is proper playoff hockey.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 12th, 2014 at 6:23:17 PM permalink
Halte la halte la halte la, les canadiens, les canadiens, Halte la halte la halte la, les canadiens sont là! Les Canadiens, Les Canadiens, sont là!

Quote: thecesspit

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the pre-season games still :)

There's a real Boston/Habs split in town here... a lot of folks are die hard Boston fans (yes, out on the West Coast), from their families or a anti-Vancouver thing or something. And the Habs have their own special place in the cultural identity of many Quebecois. But the local pub I was in Saturday night was a whole bunch of very glum Montreal fans, but that was still enjoyable hockey in the last 20 minutes... the digging in to try and get out, the spirited efforts that is proper playoff hockey.

Didn't watch even 20 minutes of the last game. It was completely obvious that the Habs were flat. Not tired flat, or momentum flat, but down to the core flat. I saw no coming back from that, so tuned out very early.

Odd how very, very powerful home ice advantage is. MON is a downright terror right now. Fatigue or no, I don't expect this same team to appear on Wednesday.
thecesspit
thecesspit
May 12th, 2014 at 6:47:55 PM permalink
I've seen teams take two periods of then come back like the blazes. Not so often at the NHL level, but in the WHL (and even more so in the ECHL), so as long the game is still 2-3 goals close, I know turn arounds can happen. Not very often, but it's good to see when your team does dig in, dig deep and try to dig out.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
May 12th, 2014 at 6:57:01 PM permalink
I never underestimate the Habs.
Been a Ranger Fan since Leetch came up in '87. Rookie '89. It took a home-boy to pry me away from the Whalers.
Game 7 Montreal? give it to the Habs. Matteau and Messier ain't skatin.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: