LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
January 7th, 2014 at 6:08:53 PM permalink
Its early, but when it comes time to bet win totals on Eagles next season I would consider the under

I would be making a big assumption that the offense stays as is.

in my opinion that type offense wins games in college but not the pros against good teams

In college Kelly could recruite and stockpile backups that were in some cases just as good as the starters. In the pros..that costs money...so the backups are not as good as the starters.

So as he has a quick strike offense....it alllows for fast 3 and outs, and fast scores...both leaving the defense on the field long periods of time. In college he could just throw out his second stringers in the second half without loss of productivity if his starters were tired. In the pro's, he is working in the forth qtr either with real tired starters on defense..or their less effective replacement.

He can get away with this situation if playing an inferior team, where even a tired defense can contain. But next year based on their schedule they will get more difficult opponents. And the teams in their division most likely will improve as well. This past year the eagles lucked out, the Giants, and Washington had "off years" and Dallas was what Dallas is usually...a .500 team. They played very few winning teams..

I might look to the under.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 7th, 2014 at 6:16:00 PM permalink
most of what you said will already be priced into the total.
LarryS
LarryS
January 8th, 2014 at 9:59:34 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

most of what you said will already be priced into the total.

what also might be priced in will be the publics love affair and ferver for this team. The foles hysreria. The novelty of the "system" ..

I cant predict the future. And I know the over/under doesnt have to be equal because the book just adjusts the payout to -150 or so is alot of "over" money comes in.

But for me if the number is 10 or over.....I will probably bet the under.....after viewing the schedule and seeing offseason aquisitions first.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 8th, 2014 at 10:36:33 AM permalink
Too many factors to be determined which include the return of Maclin (FA), Cooper (FA) and all the needs on Defense. That said I agree that much of this will be factored into the line but I see the NFC East as a weak division again next year as the problems shown this year are more than surface deep in Dallas, Washington and NY. JMO.
LarryS
LarryS
January 8th, 2014 at 12:37:58 PM permalink
we always assume that everything is correctly taken into account.

that is often our downfall

I will monitor and see later on.
  • Jump to: