LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
November 13th, 2013 at 2:26:04 PM permalink
nothing I feel strongly about this week...but I am leaning toward a few sides

den/KC

ok, I know KC has faced 5 qbs that werent even good enough to start the season. So their defense will be tested for real this week.

Denver cant seem to protect Manning.

Manning has ankle issues, on the foot that he uses to plant when he throws.I wouldnt be surprised if they target his ankles. You know tackle him and as he falls the tackler slides down and lands on the ankles. That is not a penalty. Targeting the head or knees can be called...but accidently landing on someones ankles is not a penalty. I think 8.5 points is too much with an injured manning and a pourous "o" line. This is the best offense KC has met, and this is the best defense Denver has met. Denver may win, but I think defense will make a difference. I am taking KC

SF/NO
I heard a stat that NO is 14-0 covering at home in their last 14 games under coach payton. Pretty compelling. SF has played 4 above average teams so far this year and are 1-3.
I think SF offense is rather vanilla, and they dont take chances with Kapernick. Will they take off the leash and l
et him run this week? Well if not this week...then when? They will need to score some points.
I dot see it. SF won last time they met.....but this is a limited offensive team now. I am going with NO
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
November 13th, 2013 at 2:32:58 PM permalink
I like:Jets,Ari,Philly,SD,NO,Giants,Den and NE.
Too mant games, will narrow down later.
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
November 14th, 2013 at 11:25:16 AM permalink
I'm trying to look up past stats on how weather affects game totals. In your opinion, does rain/snow normally attribute to a higher or lower scoring game? And is the wind more of a factor than the elements?
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
November 14th, 2013 at 11:59:37 AM permalink
i put alot of relevence in wind. That redcuces chances of longer field goals, It causes more punts, and ppinning people back rather than trying a 45 yarder . A team with a superior field goal kicker can have that advantage diminished by wind.

I dont have stats

rain and snow doesnt present issues for me...and I lean toward higher scoring in those games unless wind is involved as well.

I remember a miami/buffalo game years ago in buffgalo where it snowed, and I automatically went for the under. It was very high scoring because it was a still windless day, not frigid temps, and it was harder to defenses to react to offensive players ..slipping and not being able to cover them.

But if there is snow and ice, and below zero temps....thats a dffferent story.

usually I stay away from rain/ snow games as the chance of fumbles and mistakes take over sometimes over analyzable talent and statistics.

another anecdotal story that is not indicative of well researched stats....I bet a game years ago that Indy was playing...it was suppposed to snow..and it did.....I bet the under....It was well under for the first 3 qtrs....then the skys parted, the sun came out......and manning torched the other team with 4 TDS......forcing the over.
  • Jump to: