terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 16th, 2013 at 10:09:30 AM permalink
I'm thinking of taking a shot at this.
Its all run by Yahoo.
$100.00 entry fee, 12 teams , 1st 600, 2nd 360, 3rd 140. the rake is hefty, 100 to yahoo.
or
20.00 entry, 12 teams, 1st 120, 2nd 60, 3rd 30. 20.00 rake to yahoo.
Not great due to the rake but a lot of skill involved and fun.
I always manage several teams every year for fun so why not for money.
Thinking of taking a shot at the 20.00 league.
Been checking out several sites on ranking fantasy baseball players and actually doing some mock drafts on yahoo.
Drafting would be a huge part of trying to finish in the money.
Maybe we can get a private league going here with no rake :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
March 16th, 2013 at 12:24:20 PM permalink
You should check out fanduel.com... It's a daily fantasy site. Draft a new team everyday with your allotted payroll. Can play heads up, 3 person leagues, 5, 10, or even 20 person leagues. I enjoy it more than a yearly league. If you want to sign up I'll give you my info for a referral and we'll both get a bonus
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 21st, 2013 at 10:22:04 AM permalink
Well I took the plunge twice joining 2 Yahoo Fantasy Baseball money leagues paying an entry fee of 20.00 per team.
1st off, participated in a live draft at the beginning of the year. Generally I play a lot of fantasy leagues over the years but never did a live draft since its just for fun. Since this is for money, I spent a lot of time studying the draft and actually did a few mock drafts. The live draft was really fun, I enjoyed it so much, that's why I took the plunge a 2nd time.
Anyway, season is almost over and I found this a lot of fun. Each league was very competitive since money on the line so managers don't really drop out if things are not going well early like leagues just for fun.
1st league I joined, my team really struggled and hovered around .500 throughout the year. 12 team league and top 6 make playoffs. I finished regular season barely in 6th place. Won my 1st playoffs and currently in the semifinals.
2nd league, I did really well, pretty much stayed in 2nd place throughout the year. Got a bye 1st playoff round and am currently in the semifinals.

So fare so good. I paid 20 for each team. 1st pays 120, 2nd pays 70 and 3rd pays 30 and 4th nothing. (1st post I thought 2nd paid 60, it pays 70)
So now that I am in the semifinals, odds look good for me. Find out Monday if both my teams make the finals which will guarantee a profit.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
September 21st, 2013 at 11:28:51 AM permalink
Fantasy sports used to be good for making money, because there was a lot of easy money in. Now the players are better, and I'm worse, so no more fantasy for me.
  • Jump to: