Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 7th, 2012 at 11:11:15 AM permalink
IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY, PLEASE ANNOUNCE IT IN-THREAD

Inspired by S2DBaker:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/11181-nfl-picks-2012/#post178561

I propose that we have a game/bet on 2012 NFL Football Picks.

The Rules would be as follows:

Format: Winner Take All (w/exception)

Rules:

1.) The winner will be determined by having the highest winning percentage. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will have the option of either splitting the take, or they may agree to PM me a Super Bowl pick prior to the Super Bowl, but after the combatants are known, consisting of the winning team, spread and TD's thrown; the winner will be determined in that order. If two Members PM me the same thing, they will BOTH be asked to change at least one aspect of their picks.

2.) The procedure for this will be that at some point on Fridays, I will post the point spreads and Over/Unders from one source per week. I will likely use www.bodog.net and the Spreads & Over/Unders I post will be constant and may be picked at any time prior to kick-off of the first Sunday game.

3.) Sunday/Monday games will be the only games considered. Every player must pick exactly five winners against the Spread, exactly five Over/Unders, or a combination totalling exactly five.

4.) Players may, "Skip," one week without making any picks. Players who are late to the game and do not make any picks for Week 1 are required to make five picks for Weeks 2-17. If you make picks in Week 1, then you may skip any week of your choosing, but you don't have to.

5.) If a player fails to make picks for more than one week, he/she forfeits and will owe any monies lost to the winner(s).

6.) Picks will be PM'ed to me at any point prior to Sunday kick-off. The exception to this Rule is that I will respond to all who make picks with one of my E-Mail addresses the first time he or she makes a pick. E-Mailing your pick is ONLY acceptable if you are banned from WoV at the time the pick is made. You MUST include your WoV handle in the E-Mail subject which MUST be formatted as follows (Handle-WoV Picks).

7.) At some point on Tuesday the picks, results and updated Standings will be posted by yours truly.

8.) CONFIDENCE PICK: You may make one, "Confidence Pick," per week, though you don't have to. Your, "Confidence Pick," must be made expressly clear in your PM. The CONFIDENCE PICK result will count either as two wins or two losses, if made.

PAYS

1.) If you finish with a record of .600 or lower AND are not the winner, you will pay the winner(s) $1.00 for every game you fell below .600, or $5.00, whichever is greater.

2.) If you finish with a record of .601 or better and are not the winner, you will pay the lesser of $5.00 OR $1.00 for every pick you were away from having the winner(s) winning percentage.

3.) If the winner finishes with a record of .600 or lower, every loser will pay the winner the lesser of $5.00 or $1.00 for every pick they were away from having the winner(s) winning percentage.

4.) I will not be handling any money. Everyone participating is on the honor system. I am not responsible for non-payment or under-payment. The winner(s) and loser(s) will be responsible for determining privately and amongst themselves how the transaction is to be handled. The winner(s) may post the name(s) of any loser(s) who has AGREED on a method of payment yet failed to pay the winner within sixty (60) days of said agreement being established.

5.) Just to give this thing +EV, I will be paying the winner $25 within thirty days of the SB being played. I will pay by sending a Money Order.

TIME

I will require five players in order to start Week 1, when five players have agreed, I will post the odds.

If we do not get five Week 1 commitments, the game will not start until Week 2. If it does not start until Week 2, then all players may still skip one week, and Week 3 starters lose the option of skipping a week.

I hope you guys want to play and have fun! The money won may be insignificant, but it should be a fun game.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 11:15:41 AM permalink
Last Thing:

In your PM, you MUST include (at a minimum):

Spread: Winning Team and announce that it is a pick against the Spread.

(Spread-Team)

Over/Under: Names of both teams and the fact that it is Over/Under

(Over/Under-Names of Teams)

Players failing to make the O/U bet in an understandable and readily apparent fashion will neither win nor lose on that bet that week.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 7th, 2012 at 11:40:12 AM permalink
I am gonna have to pass. Still making selection for my fantasy soccer team.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 11:41:38 AM permalink
How can you pass on +EV?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 7th, 2012 at 11:43:54 AM permalink
I hate over/under with a passion. To lose to that idiotic bet would be unforgivable.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
September 7th, 2012 at 11:50:16 AM permalink
I'll play, thanks for putting something together.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 7th, 2012 at 11:53:32 AM permalink
Good idea Mission, just not my brand of fun. HAVE FUN !
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 1:34:48 PM permalink
MidWestAP:

Awesome! I'll post the Lines later on tonight. Just remember that plays for this week will not count unless we have at least five players.

Buzz,

Thanks!

Amendment:

I have decided that due to the logistics of transporting small sums of money to people, that there will only be one winner. If two or more people are tied in winning percentage at the end of Week 17, it will go to the tie-breaking procedure per the OP. If there is a clear winning percentage winner at the end of Week 17, he/she will receive the $25 from me within thirty days of that day.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 2:07:15 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

I hate over/under with a passion. To lose to that idiotic bet would be unforgivable.

All five of your picks can be against the spread every week, btw.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 7th, 2012 at 3:12:58 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY, PLEASE ANNOUNCE IT IN-THREAD

Inspired by S2DBaker:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/11181-nfl-picks-2012/#post178561

I propose that we have a game/bet on 2012 NFL Football Picks.

The Rules would be as follows:

Format: Winner Take All (w/exception)

Rules:

1.) The winner will be determined by having the highest winning percentage. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will have the option of either splitting the take, or they may agree to PM me a Super Bowl pick prior to the Super Bowl, but after the combatants are known, consisting of the winning team, spread and TD's thrown; the winner will be determined in that order. If two Members PM me the same thing, they will BOTH be asked to change at least one aspect of their picks.

2.) The procedure for this will be that at some point on Fridays, I will post the point spreads and Over/Unders from one source per week. I will likely use www.bodog.net and the Spreads & Over/Unders I post will be constant and may be picked at any time prior to kick-off of the first Sunday game.

3.) Sunday/Monday games will be the only games considered. Every player must pick exactly five winners against the Spread, exactly five Over/Unders, or a combination totalling exactly five.

4.) Players may, "Skip," one week without making any picks. Players who are late to the game and do not make any picks for Week 1 are required to make five picks for Weeks 2-17. If you make picks in Week 1, then you may skip any week of your choosing, but you don't have to.

5.) If a player fails to make picks for more than one week, he/she forfeits and will owe any monies lost to the winner(s).

6.) Picks will be PM'ed to me at any point prior to Sunday kick-off. The exception to this Rule is that I will respond to all who make picks with one of my E-Mail addresses the first time he or she makes a pick. E-Mailing your pick is ONLY acceptable if you are banned from WoV at the time the pick is made. You MUST include your WoV handle in the E-Mail subject which MUST be formatted as follows (Handle-WoV Picks).

7.) At some point on Tuesday the picks, results and updated Standings will be posted by yours truly.

8.) CONFIDENCE PICK: You may make one, "Confidence Pick," per week, though you don't have to. Your, "Confidence Pick," must be made expressly clear in your PM. The CONFIDENCE PICK result will count either as two wins or two losses, if made.

PAYS

1.) If you finish with a record of .600 or lower AND are not the winner, you will pay the winner(s) $1.00 for every game you fell below .600, or $5.00, whichever is greater.

2.) If you finish with a record of .601 or better and are not the winner, you will pay the lesser of $5.00 OR $1.00 for every pick you were away from having the winner(s) winning percentage.

3.) If the winner finishes with a record of .600 or lower, every loser will pay the winner the lesser of $5.00 or $1.00 for every pick they were away from having the winner(s) winning percentage.

4.) I will not be handling any money. Everyone participating is on the honor system. I am not responsible for non-payment or under-payment. The winner(s) and loser(s) will be responsible for determining privately and amongst themselves how the transaction is to be handled. The winner(s) may post the name(s) of any loser(s) who has AGREED on a method of payment yet failed to pay the winner within sixty (60) days of said agreement being established.

5.) Just to give this thing +EV, I will be paying the winner $25 within thirty days of the SB being played. I will pay by sending a Money Order.

TIME

I will require five players in order to start Week 1, when five players have agreed, I will post the odds.

If we do not get five Week 1 commitments, the game will not start until Week 2. If it does not start until Week 2, then all players may still skip one week, and Week 3 starters lose the option of skipping a week.

I hope you guys want to play and have fun! The money won may be insignificant, but it should be a fun game.

I'll play too. Is there a cut off to decide if week one is a go? I don't check the board as often on the weekend.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 3:22:22 PM permalink
This Week's Lines

I am going to go ahead and post the lines for this week, though we only have one commitment so far. If we do not have five players for this week, then this week will not count.

The lines come from the following source, as of this 18:09 EST on this September 7, 2012.

http://contests.bodog.net/sports/odds/nfl

Indianapolis Colts (+10) @ Chicago Bears (-10)---O/U 43.5

Philadelphia Eagles (-9.5) @ Cleveland Browns (+9.5)---O/U 43

St. Louis Rams (+7.5) @ Detroit Lions (-7.5)---O/U 45.5

Miami Dolphins (+12.5) @ Houston Texans (-12.5)---O/U 42.5

Atlanta Falcons (-3) @ Kansas City Chiefs (+3)---O/U 43.5

Jacksonville Jaguars (+4) @ Minnesota Vikings (-4)---O/U 39.5

Washington Redskins (+7.5) @ New Orleans Saints (-7.5)---O/U 49.5

Buffalo Bills (+3) @ New York Jets (-3)---O/U 38.5

New England Patriots (-6.5) @ Tennessee Titans (+6.5)---O/U 47

Seattle Seahawks (-3) @ Arizona Cardinals (+3)---O/U 41

San Francisco 49ers (+5) @ Green Bay Packers (-5)---O/U 47

Carolina Panthers (-3) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+3)---O/U 47

Pittsburgh Steelers (+2) @ Denver Broncos (-2)---O/U 44.5

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:

Cincinnati Bengals (+6.5) @ Baltimore Ravens (-6.5)---O/U 41

San Diego Chargers (+1) @ Oakland Raiders (-1)---O/U 46.5

Good luck to everyone!
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 3:31:05 PM permalink
AyeCarumba,

That's awesome, glad to have you in.

We have two players as of now, and I have posted the line. We need five players for Week 1 to be a go, but if we only get four, I'll jump in and protect my $25 (but be incapable of actually winning money) by publicly making my selections. If we end up with five or more total players by Week Two, I'll back out of the game and the $25 will become guaranteed money for someone again.

I expect to have more participants, though, and not have to worry about it. I intend to send some PM's out later on tonight.

Regardless, the Lines have been posted for Week 1, so if your time on is limited, I would respectfully suggest that you PM me your picks because I expect to drum up enough interest to end up with 5+ players.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 7th, 2012 at 3:51:46 PM permalink
Since I'm the inspiration, I'll play but I'll start next week because I want to try and actually do a good job. I can't do that here in AC while enjoying the free booze.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
September 7th, 2012 at 4:01:32 PM permalink
Okay, I'm in.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
September 7th, 2012 at 4:09:51 PM permalink
Great! I'll look it over and PM you before Sunday's kickoff.

A procedural question... If a player is, say 1 for 20 going into week 5 and decides to quit, are they on the hook for the remaining 60 predictions?
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 4:11:06 PM permalink
The Wiz is the first victim of my PM campaign, great to have you aboard, Wiz!

We now have three Players committed for Week 1 and one to start Week 2. If we get one more Week 1 player, then we will begin with Week 1 and all players who start Week 2 will forfeit the, "Pass," week.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 4:28:10 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Great! I'll look it over and PM you before Sunday's kickoff.

A procedural question... If a player is, say 1 for 20 going into week 5 and decides to quit, are they on the hook for the remaining 60 predictions?

That's an excellent question, and I am glad you asked.

The way it would work would depend on the winner's winning percentage.

If the winner wins at a record x < .600, then that player would only be on the hook for the lesser of $5.00 or $1.00 for every game they were off from the winner's winning percentage. In the example you gave, it'd probably be $5.00, so might as well keep playing, which is the idea.

If the winner had a record x > .601, then you would pay the greater of $5.00 or $1.00 for every game you fell below .601, so I guess it could be better to quit, in that event. However, there is always the prospect of improving your record, so if you're in the toilet that just picking at random should result in an improved winningh percentage, that may be the thing to do.

Additionally, you should not quit if you are close to .601, because if you get to that point and lose, $5.00 is the most you would pay.

I designed the Rules as best I could to make staying in until completion worth it. I also would not be surprised if someone who dropped out of the competition also refused to pay, but let's hope not.

Proxy Picks

I'm also thinking of a system whereby everyone is automatically in it until the end via proxy picks. How this would work is that as soon as someone dropped out of the competition, they would be stuck with five picks I make every week. They could not win, (even if my picks caused them to be the winner...yeah right!) but it would at least cause them to complete the season and discourage drop-outs.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
September 7th, 2012 at 4:45:11 PM permalink

That's an excellent question, and I am glad you asked.

The way it would work would depend on the winner's winning percentage.

If the winner wins at a record x < .600, then that player would only be on the hook for the lesser of $5.00 or $1.00 for every game they were off from the winner's winning percentage. In the example you gave, it'd probably be $5.00, so might as well keep playing, which is the idea.

If the winner had a record x > .601, then you would pay the greater of $5.00 or $1.00 for every game you fell below .601, so I guess it could be better to quit, in that event. However, there is always the prospect of improving your record, so if you're in the toilet that just picking at random should result in an improved winningh percentage, that may be the thing to do.

Additionally, you should not quit if you are close to .601, because if you get to that point and lose, $5.00 is the most you would pay.

I designed the Rules as best I could to make staying in until completion worth it. I also would not be surprised if someone who dropped out of the competition also refused to pay, but let's hope not.

Proxy Picks

I'm also thinking of a system whereby everyone is automatically in it until the end via proxy picks. How this would work is that as soon as someone dropped out of the competition, they would be stuck with five picks I make every week. They could not win, (even if my picks caused them to be the winner...yeah right!) but it would at least cause them to complete the season and discourage drop-outs.

Thanks for the clarification. It should be reassuring to those sitting on the fence that at worst they would be out the equivalent of a couple cups of coffee.

I don't like the idea of proxy picks, or not counting an empty pick in the calculation. Everyone should have to make the same number of picks.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 7th, 2012 at 5:12:55 PM permalink
Thanks for the invite, but I'm out. I haven't had TV since May; I didn't even realize football kicked off already. My picks would amount to AZ's coin flip challenge last year.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bigpete88
bigpete88
  • Threads: 23
September 7th, 2012 at 5:18:40 PM permalink
Let the games begin. I am in.

5 picks a week, correct? One week off at our option?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 7th, 2012 at 5:35:08 PM permalink
Fleastiff bows out. All he knows is NFL stands for National Football League. He doesn't know whats trump.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 5:41:39 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Thanks for the clarification. It should be reassuring to those sitting on the fence that at worst they would be out the equivalent of a couple cups of coffee.

I don't like the idea of proxy picks, or not counting an empty pick in the calculation. Everyone should have to make the same number of picks.

You're welcome!

To be sure, you must pick every week except for one, "Pass," Week, which is automatically Week 1 for late-starters, in order to win. The problem of counting empty picks is that, say someone is 4-16 after Week 4 and decides to throw it in, now if I grant them the, "Pass," week for Week 5, but Weeks 6-17 are losses, they end up 4-76. If the winner is x > .600, then they are 45 games away from being at .601. If they dropped out, they're just not going to be compelled to pay $45. I could tell them they have to, I could tell them they should, but I doubt they would.

The proxy pick will either result in a forced season or their record ends when they have missed two total weeks, if you have a better alternative, however, I am certainly open to suggestions, in all sincerity.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 5:45:15 PM permalink
Thank you for your reply, Face, I'm sorry that you will not be participating.

Great to have you in, BigPete88, and you are correct that it is five picks per week, and one week off as you so choose.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 7th, 2012 at 5:46:33 PM permalink
Normally, this is definitely the sort of thing I'd jump on (and thanks for the invite), but I'm going to have to pass for this season. My job is almost 100% travel for the next 6 weeks, and I'm just not confident in my ability to be here with any frequency - or even in my ability to follow the league closely enough to succeed.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 5:47:32 PM permalink
Thank you for the reply, FleaStiff!

PM's

1.) These posts saying they are not playing are in responses to PM's.

2.) We have four guaranteed Week 1 starters and one Week 2 starter, so we are good to start the league without me, "Protecting," the $25.

3.) I sent over 50 PM's based on completely arbitrary criteria...including being logged in today. I may have sent a PM to someone who has already committed, or multiple PM's to someone who isn't, if so, I apologize, it was a brainless process in which I put my mind on, "Auto-Pilot."
bigpete88
bigpete88
September 7th, 2012 at 5:48:45 PM permalink
I do not see how you can pick for "an absent"

No pick is no pick.....

I will pick unless I surrender and ask how much I owe and will pay.

Do not expect surrender from me unlike a 16 against paint in blackjack
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 5:55:14 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Normally, this is definitely the sort of thing I'd jump on (and thanks for the invite), but I'm going to have to pass for this season. My job is almost 100% travel for the next 6 weeks, and I'm just not confident in my ability to be here with any frequency - or even in my ability to follow the league closely enough to succeed.

I'm sorry to hear that you will not be playing, and you're welcome.

If you wish, and this option may be available for everyone, you may proxy yourself to my picks. In other words, I could make picks for every week and all members who pre-agree to be bound by my picks for weeks they do not PM will have such counted towards their record. These picks will be made publicly and be the same for all who proxy.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 5:56:28 PM permalink
Quote: bigpete88

I do not see how you can pick for "an absent"

No pick is no pick.....

I will pick unless I surrender and ask how much I owe and will pay.

Do not expect surrender from me unlike a 16 against paint in blackjack

I would normally agree, but the problem is that we cannot hold the additional losses against them...and get them to pay.

If we have a rule such as the OP by which, "If you miss twice, you're done and cannot win," then that might work.
bigpete88
bigpete88
September 7th, 2012 at 6:09:29 PM permalink
Two weeks and no picks and the party forfeits.
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 43
September 7th, 2012 at 6:10:55 PM permalink
I am not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this, but I got this private message, time stamp September 7, 2012 5:20 pm:

Quote:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/11200-wov-picks-game-bet/#post178708

Come play my NFL Picks game, +EV, $25 guaranteed from me to the winner.

I consider this SPAM.
Climate Casino: https://climatecasino.net/climate-casino/
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 6:14:34 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

I am not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this, but I got this private message, time stamp September 7, 2012 5:20 pm:

Quote:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/11200-wov-picks-game-bet/#post178708

Come play my NFL Picks game, +EV, $25 guaranteed from me to the winner.

I consider this SPAM.

I apologize if you did not want the message. You will receive no future PM's from me for any reason.

This message is not an advertisment. I am GIVING the winner $25, guaranteed. Because I have excluded myself from participation in the game (aside from managing it) it is impossible for me to win any money.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 7th, 2012 at 6:27:54 PM permalink
That guy emailed me, too, unsolicited.

Book him, Danno ...
"What, me worry?"
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 6:28:01 PM permalink
Week 1 + 2 Committed Players

Week 1:

MidwestAP
AyeCarumba
Wizard
BigPete88

Week 2:

S2DBaker

***We have five committed players, which is enough to start the game. I hope that we add some players for Week 1, or some Week 2 starting players. I have received the Picks from one player thus far. Please remember that picks must be PM'ed to me prior to 13:00 EST on 9/9/2012 for Week 1.
bigpete88
bigpete88
September 7th, 2012 at 6:30:42 PM permalink
5 picks a week?????????????? Please confirm

Someone already sent picks??

I am against the Wizard and others so game on....
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 6:32:26 PM permalink

5 picks a week?????????????? Please confirm

Someone already sent picks??

I am against the Wizard and others so game on....

Everyone must PM me five picks per week.

You may pick against the spreads posted on Page 2, or you may pick the Over/Under. You do not have to pick five of each, you may pick a combination of bets totalling five picks, five of one or five of the other.

Yes, I have received picks from one participant in the game.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 6:41:43 PM permalink
NO MORE PM's

I am very tempted to send a PM to a Member currently logged in, but there will be no more PM's:

1.) Per Teliot's public objection.

2.) I have received a PM (the sender will not be disclosed, and was NOT Teliot) that I considered very rude in light of the fact that I am just trying to help people have fun and give a little bit of guaranteed money to the winner. I do not know or understand why someone would send me such a rude PM.

I understand that $25 is not an incredible sum of money, so I apologize if the recipient of the PM was offended by the promise of $25, but given that it is impossible for me to win, I found it to be an appropriate sum.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 6:42:52 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

That guy emailed me, too, unsolicited.

Book him, Danno ...

I did not E-Mail anybody.
bigpete88
bigpete88
September 7th, 2012 at 6:53:58 PM permalink
I will pay the winner $25 in case OP does not in the rare event it is not me.

The 5 picks should be O/U or sides or a combo......Do not restrict us to either........5 picks are 5 picks

Agreed???
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
September 7th, 2012 at 6:56:00 PM permalink
I am in...and ONLY because I DID get a PM. All the PM talk in the HB challenge made me feel left out as I never get PMs...but now I did woooot woooot.

OK, maybe I just like the NFL and enjoy a friendly competition hehe.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 7:02:56 PM permalink

I will pay the winner $25 in case OP does not in the rare event it is not me.

The 5 picks should be O/U or sides or a combo......Do not restrict us to either........5 picks are 5 picks

Agreed???

I apologize if I misspoke. That is already the way it is. You could make any combination of bets on O/U or Spread, or five of all. Two O/U + 3 Spread, 5 Spread, 5 O/U, 4 O/U and one Spread, doesn't matter. Just five total picks. The confidence pick is also optional.

I appreciate you backing the $25, BigPete88, but nobody has to worry about me paying. I will send The Wiz the money to hold if anyone deems it absolutely necessary, but then we'd just have to pay Money Order fees twice, which is pointless.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 7:05:26 PM permalink
UPDATE:

Week 1:

MidwestAP
AyeCarumba
Wizard
BigPete88
John Zimbo

Week 2:

S2DBaker

I also thank you for bringing up that you are in, "ONLY," because you received a PM, JohnZimbo. I look forward to your participation in the game.
bigpete88
bigpete88
September 7th, 2012 at 7:38:04 PM permalink
This might get ugly which is fine.

May the games begin.

Best man wins with bragging rights at the end of the contest.

Quiters quit.

"The Big Shot" is "The Little Shot" that kept shooting....
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 52
September 7th, 2012 at 8:32:08 PM permalink
I'm new here, but Im in. I found this site Googling some craps systems and fell in love. Vega is my favorite city on earth and I'll bet on anything! LoL

I love craps, harness racing and sports betting. I feel right at home here.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 8:41:02 PM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

I'm new here, but Im in. I found this site Googling some craps systems and fell in love. Vega is my favorite city on earth and I'll bet on anything! LoL

I love craps, harness racing and sports betting. I feel right at home here.

I'm glad you enjoy the site, it is my favorite, and I hope that you will post more often. I have only made one Harness Racing pick in my life (well, technically more than one, but it was the same race) Forward Bliss pulled through for me at 73.5:1 odds to win on a $2.00 bet paying me $149. I believe I put $2 on five different horses to win that race, so overall +$141, but it might have been six horses for overall +$139.

I will never bet on a harness race again, so that I preserve my perfect record.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 7th, 2012 at 8:47:28 PM permalink

I did not E-Mail anybody.

My, what an astounding false statement.

It came from you, soliciting participation in whatever venture it is you are involved in.

Unwelcome, unappreciated and deleted.

Do it again, and I'll report you to the Wiz.

*It is possible you meant to e-mail somebody else; all I know is, I got a solicitation from you. Bad show.*
"What, me worry?"
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 9:05:00 PM permalink
UPDATE:

Week 1:

MidwestAP
AyeCarumba
Wizard
BigPete88
John Zimbo
MWalz9
FinsRule
StrictlyAP

Week 2:

S2DBaker

***FinsRule did not announce that he is playing in-thread, but I have already received his picks. I have received picks from 4 out of 8 Week 1 commitments.
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 9:08:35 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

My, what an astounding false statement.

It came from you, soliciting participation in whatever venture it is you are involved in.

Unwelcome, unappreciated and deleted.

Do it again, and I'll report you to the Wiz.

*It is possible you meant to e-mail somebody else; all I know is, I got a solicitation from you. Bad show.*

1.) It is not false.

-My objection is to your terminology. I did not E-Mail you or anyone else. I do not know your E-Mail address. I sent you a PM.

2.) Fair enough. I apologize that you take offense to my attempt to involve you in this game. As with Teliot, you will receive no future PM's from me for any reason.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 7th, 2012 at 9:16:52 PM permalink
Can't we all just get along ? I would apologize to Teliot. I would tell MrV to piss off !
Mission146
Mission146
September 7th, 2012 at 9:20:04 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

Can't we all just get along ? I would apologize to Teliot. I would tell MrV to piss off !

StrictlyAP has added himself to the competition!!!

The act that they consider to be an infraction of their privacy was done equally to both of them, thus I apologize to both equally.
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 43
September 7th, 2012 at 9:35:30 PM permalink

I did not E-Mail you or anyone else. I do not know your E-Mail address. I sent you a PM.

I received an e-mail as well. This site automatically sends me an e-mail informing that a PM has been received.
Climate Casino: https://climatecasino.net/climate-casino/
  • Jump to: