Brickapotamus
Brickapotamus
  • Threads: 1
September 9th, 2023 at 5:34:13 PM permalink
Was curios about something I’ve noticed recently.

If you are playing a nine or ten line slot machine but only buy 5 lines, I’ve always assumed the game functions in exactly the same way.

On certain games I’ve started to noticed huge line hits appearing on lines that were not paid for.

So I started wondering if some games are designed with a type of “near miss” feature that increases the chances of large hits displaying on non active lines to encourage a bigger bet?

Or it could be that since you aren’t paying for these lines, you just notice it more?

For example if you’re playing 1 line on a 10 line game you will see a lot of big hits that you missed because you’re seeing 10x the lines you’re paying for so naturally you will see a lot of missed large hits since they don’t cost anything?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
Brickapotamus
September 9th, 2023 at 5:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: Brickapotamus

Or it could be that since you aren’t paying for these lines, you just notice it more?

If you are playing on regulated Class III machines that would be the case.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Brickapotamus
Brickapotamus
  • Threads: 1
September 9th, 2023 at 7:04:18 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

Perfect. Thank you!
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
September 10th, 2023 at 7:30:57 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I play this one slot online (only when they pay me to play it with a free bonus or something like that) and a near miss feature is baked into almost every spin.

Every “top” symbol has its own different type of animation and sound that makes you think you are about to hit some kind of something.

And for some reason in the back of my head I feel like people assume near misses are somehow illegal…

Why do I think this drich?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
heatmap
September 10th, 2023 at 7:38:10 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

And for some reason in the back of my head I feel like people assume near misses are somehow illegal…

Why do I think this drich?

In Nevada somewhere in the early 1990's the Nevada Gaming Control Board outlawed "staged" near misses after a company called Universal Gaming was using it a lot.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-06-04-mn-2501-story.html
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: