100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
March 15th, 2023 at 4:34:56 PM permalink

Min bet is $5/spin.
Max is $75/spin.

How much should I bring with me (if +ev)?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
March 15th, 2023 at 4:40:51 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Min bet is $5/spin.
Max is $75/spin.

How much should I bring with me (if +ev)?
link to original post

If it is the top jackpot that makes it +EV you should probably have at least a million dollars on you.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
McSweeney
McSweeney
  • Threads: 9
March 15th, 2023 at 5:08:00 PM permalink
What you'd have to do is find out how many spins, on average, it takes to trip a Major, and see if the house edge loss of that many spins is less than the jackpot amount to gain an advantage. In my experience it is nearly impossible for a NON-Must-Hit-By Major Jackpot or above to be +EV, or at the very least, the risk of suffering a catastrophic loss is substantial (since you don't have a "must hit by" to at least set a limit on how much you can lose).
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
March 15th, 2023 at 6:39:02 PM permalink
Don’t do it lol. The cycle length will be astronomical.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
March 16th, 2023 at 4:52:02 AM permalink
In these situations, my plan is always to hit it early in the cycle so I don't need that much money. It doesn't always work out that way.

What data do you have? You don't need a par sheet, but then you should have some data to use for a hit frequency estimate. It is dangerous to use the frequency of jackpot symbols on each reel for a game-triggered jackpot. Some game designers have figured out how to create near misses. For mystery jackpots, all I ever have is observations of when the damn thing hit in the past.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
March 16th, 2023 at 6:53:49 AM permalink
Quote: Mental

In these situations, my plan is always to hit it early in the cycle so I don't need that much money. It doesn't always work out that way.<snip>link to original post

Mental,

The above quote made me laugh!

Dog Hand
McSweeney
McSweeney
  • Threads: 9
March 20th, 2023 at 7:52:44 PM permalink
One thing I've always wondered about: in games where the progressive jackpot amount does not scale based on your bet level, the game is set up so that your chance of winning the jackpot during a bonus feature increases the higher your bet. So you'd think you would want to max bet to maximize your chances of winning the jackpot. However, if you bet less, you have more CHANCES to get bonus features to win the jackpot with the same amount of money, despite having a poorer chance of winning the jackpot once you are in the bonus feature. Mathematically, I imagine the odds of winning the jackpot with the same amount of money are identical whether you bet low or high, but just in case I'm wrong about this, I would max bet all the time if going for a jackpot because I doubt slot makers would want to reward people in any way for betting less.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
March 21st, 2023 at 7:44:47 AM permalink
Quote: McSweeney

One thing I've always wondered about: in games where the progressive jackpot amount does not scale based on your bet level, the game is set up so that your chance of winning the jackpot during a bonus feature increases the higher your bet. So you'd think you would want to max bet to maximize your chances of winning the jackpot. However, if you bet less, you have more CHANCES to get bonus features to win the jackpot with the same amount of money, despite having a poorer chance of winning the jackpot once you are in the bonus feature. Mathematically, I imagine the odds of winning the jackpot with the same amount of money are identical whether you bet low or high, but just in case I'm wrong about this, I would max bet all the time if going for a jackpot because I doubt slot makers would want to reward people in any way for betting less.
link to original post

There's also the possibility of slightly higher RTP the higher your bet multiplier.
if overall rtp = 90%, then .60 bet would have slightly lower rtp and $6 bet would be slightly higher (ie: 91%).
DrRich confirmed that some slots do that.

whether or not the slot in my pic does that, i dont know.
also Wished i knew which game manufacturers does this
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
  • Jump to: