100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
February 24th, 2023 at 12:01:40 PM permalink
I've always assumed that the major manufacturers have 85% as the minimum setting for their recent (last 10yrs) slots.

But is that the case?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
February 24th, 2023 at 12:11:56 PM permalink
Well, the Nevada Gaming Regulations still allow for anything as low as 75% (regulation 14.010(1)(a))
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
February 24th, 2023 at 1:18:01 PM permalink
Regulation 14.040 states the 75%.

The regulation covers “new games”, so I believe the 75% applies to everything, not just slots

Interesting because I swear I’ve read about side bets with an edge of 30%
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 24th, 2023 at 1:19:45 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

I've always assumed that the major manufacturers have 85% as the minimum setting for their recent (last 10yrs) slots.

But is that the case?
link to original post

There are definitely lower settings than 85% available but as of two years ago very few were set lower than 85%. The Caesar's properties were asking for 85% back before most manufacturers had them set that low.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
February 24th, 2023 at 2:30:54 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Regulation 14.040 states the 75%.

The regulation covers “new games”, so I believe the 75% applies to everything, not just slots

Interesting because I swear I’ve read about side bets with an edge of 30%
link to original post

14.010(1) applies only to "gaming devices" - at least, it does in the latest regulations the NGCB has on its website, dated 12/22/2022.

NRS 463.0155 “Gaming device” defined.
“Gaming device” means any object used remotely or directly in connection with gaming or any game which affects the result of a wager by determining win or loss and which does not otherwise constitute associated equipment. The term includes, without limitation:
1. A slot machine.
2. Mobile gaming.
3. A collection of two or more of the following components:
(a) An assembled electronic circuit which cannot be reasonably demonstrated to have any use other than in a slot machine;
(b) A cabinet with electrical wiring and provisions for mounting a coin, token or currency acceptor and provisions for mounting a dispenser of coins, tokens or anything of value;
(c) An assembled mechanical or electromechanical display unit intended for use in gambling; or
(d) An assembled mechanical unit which cannot be demonstrated to have any use other than in a slot machine.
4. Any object which may be connected to or used with a slot machine to alter the normal criteria of random selection or affect the outcome of a game.
5. A system for the accounting or management of any game in which the result of the wager is determined electronically by using any combination of hardware or software for computers.
6. A control program.
7. Any combination of one of the components set forth in paragraphs (a) to (d), inclusive, of subsection 3 and any other component which the Commission determines by regulation to be a machine used directly or remotely in connection with gaming or any game which affects the results of a wager by determining a win or loss.
8. Any object that has been determined to be a gaming device pursuant to regulations adopted by the Commission.

• Jump to: