smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 1117
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 20th, 2021 at 11:06:49 PM permalink
I posted a video on my YouTube channel about a "new" slot game I recently obtained it was on some Game King machines from the late 1990s.

This game had a small vulturing opportunity: a countdown meter would eventually trigger five free games. I put the explanation of the bonus in the video's description.

Has anyone actually seen this game "in the wild" and, of course, can remember it from 20+ years ago?

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 21894
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146smoothgrh
July 21st, 2021 at 2:48:04 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I posted a video on my YouTube channel about a "new" slot game I recently obtained it was on some Game King machines from the late 1990s.

This game had a small vulturing opportunity: a countdown meter would eventually trigger five free games. I put the explanation of the bonus in the video's description.

Has anyone actually seen this game "in the wild" and, of course, can remember it from 20+ years ago?

Yes, there were plenty of them around, I played them frequently and they were fairly lucrative, normally they were .25 denomination. Even better, there were very few people looking for them.

I'm sure there are still some around.

Another game manufacturer had a similar game, I think it was called flaming hot sevens, or something like that.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 16333
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
July 21st, 2021 at 6:37:37 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I posted a video on my YouTube channel about a "new" slot game I recently obtained it was on some Game King machines from the late 1990s.

This game had a small vulturing opportunity: a countdown meter would eventually trigger five free games. I put the explanation of the bonus in the video's description.

Has anyone actually seen this game "in the wild" and, of course, can remember it from 20+ years ago?



Nice video! I have never seen it, but there has been at least one recent game that was not so different in concept. Conceptually, it was the same thing if there were conditions by which sevens could also be taken away.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 1117
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 21st, 2021 at 8:58:48 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Yes, there were plenty of them around, I played them frequently and they were fairly lucrative, normally they were .25 denomination. Even better, there were very few people looking for them.



I'm fascinated that you remember them! Based on what I see being sold, it seems like the computer chips that have this Super Sevens slot is rare.

That particular software set also has "Face Up Blackjack" for Game King machines, but can be played only after using a special computer chip that unlocks it. I have thus far failed in my quest to find it!
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 1117
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 21st, 2021 at 9:00:26 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146


Conceptually, it was the same thing if there were conditions by which sevens could also be taken away.



Thanks, Mission!

What do you mean by "could also be taken away"? Like eliminating the 7 icons from the screen instead of collecting them?
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 16333
July 21st, 2021 at 9:14:00 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

Thanks, Mission!

What do you mean by "could also be taken away"? Like eliminating the 7 icons from the screen instead of collecting them?



You're welcome.

You must accumulate Sevens to reach the bonus. There was a game where you had to accumulate something to reach Free Games, but if you did not gain any of those things on the most recent spin, then some of them (not all unless they were already low---and you wouldn't be playing it if they were low) would be subtracted.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 1117
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 21st, 2021 at 10:23:32 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

You're welcome.

There was a game where you had to accumulate something to reach Free Games, but if you did not gain any of those things on the most recent spin, then some of them (not all unless they were already low---and you wouldn't be playing it if they were low) would be subtracted.



Oh! I think I remember playing that kind of slot maybe 10 years ago: I seem to recall there was something like popcorn that you accumulated toward earning the bonus but if you didn't get the required symbols, you lost some popcorn. It made the game feel like it was "hot" or "cold".
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 16333
July 21st, 2021 at 10:33:36 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

Oh! I think I remember playing that kind of slot maybe 10 years ago: I seem to recall there was something like popcorn that you accumulated toward earning the bonus but if you didn't get the required symbols, you lost some popcorn. It made the game feel like it was "hot" or "cold".



That's a different one, but it sounds like the same concept.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 21894
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146smoothgrh
July 21st, 2021 at 11:01:54 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I'm fascinated that you remember them! Based on what I see being sold, it seems like the computer chips that have this Super Sevens slot is rare.

That particular software set also has "Face Up Blackjack" for Game King machines, but can be played only after using a special computer chip that unlocks it. I have thus far failed in my quest to find it!

I can't seem to remember where my keys, phone, and other various things are that I sat down 5 minutes, but I can recall many details and certain aspects(not all) of plays and machines from over 25 years ago, the when, where, how much any why as if it was yesterday. Obviously, some things and memories fade over time, I'm not foolish enough to believe everything is as clear and accurate as you believe it to be.



FYI you accumulated the 7's when a line pay crossed through a seven on the screen. Things I'm not 100% sure about with these machines, what happens when a line crossed through 7's during the bonus round and if you could retrigger or they accumulated toward the net bonus round, I tend to think yes on both accounts.

These were never my main focus, it was just something I checked when I was passing through on my way to somthing else, or leaving the casino. They were enjoyable to find and play.

The Stardust had quite a few of them, many were located near the sportsbook bordering the main walkway, which seems to have been the most lucrative spot for me.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 85
  • Posts: 10768
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 22nd, 2021 at 7:25:40 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I can't seem to remember where my keys, phone, and other various things are that I sat down 5 minutes, but I can recall many details and certain aspects(not all) of plays and machines from over 25 years ago, the when, where, how much any why as if it was yesterday. Obviously, some things and memories fade over time, I'm not foolish enough to believe everything is as clear and accurate as you believe it to be.



Axel, what was the first slot machine that you AP'd? Mine was Flush Attack and I had never heard of AP'ing machines at that time.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 21894
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 22nd, 2021 at 10:05:46 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Axel, what was the first slot machine that you AP'd? Mine was Flush Attack and I had never heard of AP'ing machines at that time.

I never even heard of the term AP until this forum. We just used the term Pros or Team Players.

The first thing I took advantage of was actually before I was even 21. When you rented videos at Video Time they let you spin an electric wheel that gave you prizes and discounts. One of those prizes was a coupon for $10 in free .25 tokens at the Four Queens. You took the coupon to the promotions desk and they handed you the coins, no questions asked.

The coins only worked on a few Banks of JOB video poker where retrofitted some contraption onto the coin acceptor.

That prize seemed to come up 1 in 4 times. My brother and 3 of my friends worked there( My brother was the only one that was 21 at the time) so I had access to a moderate supply of coupons for free(I might kick them over a few bucks once in a while). At first, the Four Queens seemed to accept up to 3 or 4 at a time, eventually, they limited it to one at a time, so I just went on different shifts and recruited a friend to help me. At some point, they started to ask for ID and entered your name into a computer. At that point, since they were asking for ID, and I wasn't 21, I would just hang outside and ask people passing by(people who seemed cool) if they would get the tokens for me in exchange I would pay them $2. I didn't get rich doing this, but it added extra income to my low-paying job.

Flush Attack came a few years after that. I tried a few +EV Nickle progressives, but I didn't have the money for progressives.

But, It was a Flush Attack that really opened my eyes. That made me realize I could quit my job and focus on that, along with other AP'able things full time, and without the need for a bankroll of more than a few hundred bucks. Going from $8 an hour to $30-$50 an hour practically overnight in the 90s was a significant life-changing event(THANK YOU SIGMA!!!!).

Not sure if you remember similar games by Sigma such as Max Attack and House a Rockin?

FYI Flush Attack was overall the most enjoyable fun thing I have ever played to this day.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
100000Challenge
100000Challenge
Joined: Jul 24, 2021
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 10
July 24th, 2021 at 5:23:19 PM permalink
That sounds like an incredibly fun exploit in their system for a while until they asked for ID.

  • Jump to: