darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 4th, 2018 at 11:41:17 AM permalink
Big Bang is an electonic table game going thru field trial at Caesars AC

Before I show a pic let me give a general description of the game

Players wager on one or more of six preset numbers a giant fancy wheel is spun which comes slowly to a halt due to a rubber plunger that slows the wheel making clacking noises. The final strut the plunger is centered on rewards the player a multiple of that number if they chose it. All other wagers lose

If this sounds familiar it is. Big Bang is a modified Big Six wheel

It does look fancy in the dark. Reminds me of stargate effects from 80's sci fi films

The play-screen has wager for you to make on the right and left sides while center is the number changing as the wheel moves and an image of the static wheel when bets are being taken

So whats different?

First there are no 1's. The wagers are 2,4,6,16,24 and 48

Secondly there are 6 wagers insteadof 7. The 48 is equivalent to the single section joker wager which on Big Six can be between 40 and 50 depending on venue. Usually there are 2 of these high payout wagers opposite each other each requiring a separate wager. So Big Six was always misleading as there were 7 wagers possible. Here there truly are only 6

Without the 1's the Big Bang should be exploitable. I knew I had to be missing something and it only took one spin to find out

Paytables are deliberately misleading. If wagering 2 you are told you are paid or win 2 units

Except you are being paid 2 for 1 - Not 2:1

In other words the 2 wager pays the same as the 1 wager in the Big Six. 4 actually pays 3 plus your original unit. Etc, etc.

At any rate there really isnt too much to this new variant aside from trying to deliberately deceive those people used to the Big Six

Here is the wheel in motion with lights rotating on and off in circles

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
June 4th, 2018 at 12:30:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It does look fancy in the dark. Reminds me of stargate effects from 80's sci fi films

Stargate SG-1 was a pretty successful franchise. I'm surprised nobody in marketing saw the obvious connection and licensed the name.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
Thanked by
Boz
June 4th, 2018 at 2:37:24 PM permalink
this is one of the stupidest games i have ever seen.
  • Jump to: