FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 5th, 2011 at 6:48:24 PM permalink
No purchase necessary,
have a valid photo I.D.,
just show up at Sahara between 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on May 13, pick up your ticket (only one per person),
head to the Special Events Center at 7 p.m. Tickets will be drawn and called until all progressives have been awarded.

Now these progressives won't be the huge life-altering jackpots, but instead they're the smaller local area progressives (tied to just the casino, usually bankwide) or standalone progressives (tied to just the machine).

They also won't include the reset values, just the unawarded progressives.

Good deal? I don't know. Depends on turnout I guess but if you are already going to be there for pre-closing winding down stuff and nostalgia or something, ... free is free.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7236
May 5th, 2011 at 7:16:19 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

No purchase necessary,
have a valid photo I.D.,
just show up at Sahara between 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on May 13, pick up your ticket (only one per person),
head to the Special Events Center at 7 p.m. Tickets will be drawn and called until all progressives have been awarded.

Now these progressives won't be the huge life-altering jackpots, but instead they're the smaller local area progressives (tied to just the casino, usually bankwide) or standalone progressives (tied to just the machine).

They also won't include the reset values, just the unawarded progressives.

Good deal? I don't know. Depends on turnout I guess but if you are already going to be there for pre-closing winding down stuff and nostalgia or something, ... free is free.



Some of the progressives will be laughably small, especially the poker progressives. One guy'll win $1.06 from a VP progressive ($1001.06 royal, $1000 reset), one guy will win $60K from a Reel Money progressive ($100,000 Opal jackpot, $40k reset). Envy much?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 6th, 2011 at 3:16:29 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Some of the progressives will be laughably small, especially the poker progressives. One guy'll win $1.06 from a VP progressive ($1001.06 royal, $1000 reset), one guy will win $60K from a Reel Money progressive ($100,000 Opal jackpot, $40k reset). Envy much?


Well, the cost of printing what turns out to be the winning number for that $1.06 prize is probably more than the prize value. However, the Gaming Board won't let the casino keep that money and it has to go to someone. I sure wouldn't hop onto an airplane and fly into Vegas just for this raffle, but if you are nearby, why not give it a try? Its only one afternoon of ticket distribution, some people who are already there may not bother to participate and that sixty-thousand dollars from a Reel Money progressive would let me pay off some of my bar tabs.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1375
  • Posts: 22948
May 6th, 2011 at 6:32:03 AM permalink
Quote: arcimedes

It has value because it doesn't cost anything and you can't lose anything. There are no AP arguments against it. If I were there I'd go.



Time is money, as they say. For that reason, I'm not planning to, although I easily could.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 8th, 2011 at 5:42:41 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

just show up at Sahara between 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on May 13 ... free is free.


If anyone does attend this event would they please post an estimate of how many people you think showed up to get free raffle tickets.

At my local Indian Casino, I've seen people standing at a computer kiosk swiping players club cards for that "one free entry per day". Sometimes the guy is swiping cards for everyone in his retirement home. All those "free entries" for a Win-A-Car drawing dilute the value of any one particular entry, I would think.

edited.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 183
  • Posts: 10396
May 8th, 2011 at 6:37:02 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I've seen people standing at a computer kiosk swiping players club cards for that "one free entry per day". Sometimes the guy is swiping cards for everyone in his retirement home. All those "free entries" dilute the value of any one particular entry, I would think.

You'd think, except you have to be there in person, with ID, when the raffle takes place in order to claim the prize. So unless he is swiping people that are coming after the swipe period, but before the raffle begins, he's not affecting anything, except possibly the duration of the raffle while waiting for a person who has been called but is not answering.



Quote: rdw4potus

Some of the progressives will be laughably small, especially the poker progressives. One guy'll win $1.06 from a VP progressive ($1001.06 royal, $1000 reset), one guy will win $60K from a Reel Money progressive ($100,000 Opal jackpot, $40k reset). Envy much?

As I understand it, the reset value is initially provided by the casino, but the meter grows slowly until the initial value has been paid back. Therefore, these raffles should be for the full progressive jackpot value - except for rare cases where the progressive hit recently and the reset hasn't been fully repaid. But even those, although lower than the reset value, will still be nice prizes.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 431
  • Posts: 24857
May 9th, 2011 at 2:31:00 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm not planning to, although I easily could.



You're not, but you might. Are you a politician?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 597
May 9th, 2011 at 2:39:57 AM permalink
I'm planning on going. One of my friends and I have been planning on getting thrown out of Sahara before it closes just for the fun of it and pics/video. We're going to wait for the raffle then get booted out.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 9th, 2011 at 2:46:33 AM permalink
Maybe you will get backed off from their 6:5 Sidebet Blackjack?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 14th, 2011 at 2:25:33 AM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

I'm planning on going. One of my friends and I have been planning on getting thrown out of Sahara before it closes just for the fun of it and pics/video. We're going to wait for the raffle then get booted out.

Did you enjoy the raffle? I thought they were going to raffle off the progressives individually but I hear that is not what they did.

Did you cause enough of a ruckus to really get thrown out?

  • Jump to: