Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 3rd, 2011 at 8:49:12 AM permalink
Webmaster JB surprised me with a new pai gow calculator. The old one just gave you the expected value of any hand. This one does that, but adds the following features:

1. Enter player strategy.
2. Enter opponent strategy.
3. Enter tiles known of other players.
4. Enter tiles known of the opponent.
5. Enter just 1 to 3 player tiles.
6. Enter commission.

I think the most practical benefit is to see how to adjust your strategy based on the tiles of other players. I get asked about this often.

So you guys get to be my guinea pigs again. Please give it a test run and let me know what you think before I release it to the whole world.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 3rd, 2011 at 9:00:12 AM permalink
Sounds great, but is there any way to integrate it with the main pai gow game? For example, like in the Video Poker applet, you can hit the "Analyze" button and it will break down the E.V. of every possible set.

I realize this might entail a complete overhaul of the main PG game, so it may be asking a lot, but that is what I would like to see most.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
February 3rd, 2011 at 9:17:03 AM permalink
Your old pai gow game had a way you could see what the different or house way was by selecting it, then you could press accept.
Aerol
Aerol
  • Threads: 0
May 20th, 2011 at 8:48:52 PM permalink
Which is your latest Pai Gow stratagy? There appear to be many of them and sometimes they appear to be undated. There's jb-simple, jb-stratagy and jb-level1 (all .pdf).

Help, mighty Wizard!
jasonofferman1
jasonofferman1
  • Threads: 0
November 10th, 2011 at 1:05:48 AM permalink
I would be interested in creating a a permanent acca calculator.. So it would calculate how many lines you had up and how much you had won...

Parlay Odds, Calculate Parlays
  • Jump to: