No votes (0%)

1 member has voted

Talldude90
Talldude90
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
Mission146
February 6th, 2023 at 11:49:41 PM permalink
Was browsing tictok and came across a short clip from "Jerry and Marge go large." Immediately thought of WoV and wondered if anyone was familiar, and if it was worth a watch?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Mission146
February 7th, 2023 at 1:00:29 AM permalink
Quote: Talldude90

Was browsing tictok and came across a short clip from "Jerry and Marge go large." Immediately thought of WoV and wondered if anyone was familiar, and if it was worth a watch?
link to original post

The trailer was better than the movie.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
Thanked by
Mission146
February 7th, 2023 at 1:01:41 AM permalink
Interesting true story but the movie kind of drags on
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
February 7th, 2023 at 6:44:22 AM permalink
I liked the movie. While not a great movie, or even anything special, it kept my interest for the whole movie. These days I end up watching the entire movie about half the time, as I have no problem flipping the dial when not entertained. The casting helped, as the material was a bit weak. An average guy finds a loophole in the lottery system and exploits it makes a great headline but doesn't translate into an action-packed movie.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mission146
February 7th, 2023 at 8:38:59 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I liked the movie. While not a great movie, or even anything special, it kept my interest for the whole movie. These days I end up watching the entire movie about half the time, as I have no problem flipping the dial when not entertained. The casting helped, as the material was a bit weak. An average guy finds a loophole in the lottery system and exploits it makes a great headline but doesn't translate into an action-packed movie.
link to original post

They bought lottery tickets and cashed them in. Millions of other people did the same but they bought them legally. Where is the story? The MIT group forcing the rolldown is the only thing interesting at all to me.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
Mission146
February 9th, 2023 at 3:49:55 AM permalink
It was a nice little movie to watch. I read the article awhile ago. One thing that I didn’t quite understand was bringing in the community as partners. I’m all for helping people out but it doesn’t seem like anybody but them was doing any of the work. If they needed money I’m sure the profits they made could fairly quickly provide all the capital they needed for tickets.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
Mission146
February 9th, 2023 at 2:40:39 PM permalink
Quote: Talldude90

link to original post

i enjoyed the movie. It provided escape, stress relief, proved 4th grade arithmetic and systems WORK. They won $27+ million over the time they played and reinvigorated their community by providing funds for building the town's interests. It is a "feel-good" story.

tuttigym
gamblergirl
gamblergirl
  • Threads: 1
March 25th, 2023 at 8:35:32 AM permalink
Honestly it's a terrible movie
ThomasHow99
ThomasHow99
  • Threads: 0
June 22nd, 2023 at 3:28:38 AM permalink
Great review! I'm looking for a feel good movie and happened to see this. I'll watch it this weekend!
Spin to Win!
  • Jump to: