LotCooler
LotCooler
  • Threads: 1
May 17th, 2018 at 2:24:38 PM permalink
So, i've always been into gambling/gaming (betting) and lately i've gotten into crypto (aka bitcoin, altcoin, etc). And i've noticed it is so much like gambling. There are strategies and logic...and luck. I've been trying to find an edge in it all and noticed a successful poker player is doing an AMA about the subject. His name is Fabrice Soulier. He will have the AMA on 5/21/18 15:00 UTC on reddit. Just search reddit for his name. I'm so curious to see how gambling minds can figure out some sort of edge in all of this. Crunch enough numbers and there has to be a formula to give you a slight edge. There's no house so it seems to me like you just need to find that edge and the odds will be so much more in your favor. Anyone else out there been looking at crypto and have the same feelings?
LotCooler
LotCooler
May 21st, 2018 at 11:47:53 AM permalink
So the AMA was done this morning. Pretty interesting stuff. I'll keep my eye on it.

here's the reddit link...

(redacted)/
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on May 30, 2018
klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 35
May 21st, 2018 at 12:08:34 PM permalink
Nah lol
Last edited by: klimate10 on May 21, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 21st, 2018 at 2:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: LotCooler

Anyone else out there been looking at crypto and have the same feelings?

First, there is a house edge, same as buying stock there is a small spread out there. In crypto, it is a mining fee. Usually small, last December it got to $32! for Bitcoin. That is quite a bit to be stuck. Almost as if there was a toll booth to get to the cage.

I'm into a few for a small amount. If I hit big, I put on a deck and hot tub a year sooner than otherwise. The days of making a million off a $100 investment are over.

#FreeEvenBob
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
LotCooler
LotCooler
May 30th, 2018 at 9:23:34 AM permalink
Yeah, i don't consider crypto something you can make a million off a $100 investment. I'm looking for just a plain old decent return. Which i think is there if you play it right. I did go to that AMA and there was some really good ideas about how to play this. I think it's a new type of system to watch, much more complex and you can't see the people you are playing with, but not too much different than online games. It's pretty fun though. I wouldn't delve into bitcoin though, i'm talking about altcoins (all the ones you rarely hear about). But altcoin transaction fees are negligible for these altcoins ($0.0001). I say give it a read and maybe poke around in a few coins just for fun.

Quote:

(redacted link by mod)y-

Last edited by: beachbumbabs on May 30, 2018
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 30th, 2018 at 10:28:47 AM permalink
Quote: LotCooler

Yeah, i don't consider crypto something you can make a million off a $100 investment. I'm looking for just a plain old decent return. Which i think is there if you play it right. I did go to that AMA and there was some really good ideas about how to play this. I think it's a new type of system to watch, much more complex and you can't see the people you are playing with, but not too much different than online games. It's pretty fun though. I wouldn't delve into bitcoin though, i'm talking about altcoins (all the ones you rarely hear about). But altcoin transaction fees are negligible for these altcoins ($0.0001). I say give it a read and maybe poke around in a few coins just for fun.

Yeah, not loving how this is turning into spam, but jury is out. If you want to remain a member, how about holding a discussion on the topic without links embedded. Thanks.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
LotCooler
LotCooler
June 18th, 2018 at 9:07:35 PM permalink
well there is still some good info in this realm of the new crypto world. I think it's cool stuff and going to try my hand at art with small stakes and move up.
  • Jump to: