NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
August 18th, 2010 at 11:33:39 PM permalink
I was playing at Harrah's Las Vegas tonight killing time with a couple $2 keno games. I did the 14 spot where 7 spots wins $20. I played 3 games, but I am 100% certain I only won on one of them. I won on the first game and went to collect my winnings, the keno person scanned my ticket and said I had won $6. I was a bit confused as I thought the win was $20, but she said to cash out after the final game. I did not win the final game and went to cash out and inquire about the $20 which I thought I had won that she had said was $6. She scanned the ticket it said PAY 84. I was very confused and so was she. She reviewed each of my 3 games and both of us realized I was owed a $20 win but the computer said $84. She finally said the computer says $84 so here you go, paying me $84. I left a $2 tip and walked away puzzled, yet excited! Now I don't plan on playing ever again anytime soon, or play regularly as I know how high the house edge is in these games and I know how much of a suckers game it is, I just wanted to kill some time.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 19th, 2010 at 3:52:31 AM permalink
Okay, they gave sixty four "unearned" dollars to a good customer. It was the right thing to do. Something went wrong with their computer system. They should work on it. Meantime, they should pay you. Its that simple.

You are not a confirmed Keno player and were just "killing time"... thats okay! Next time you have some time to kill while waiting on some line you can stand around looking at beautiful women passing by or you can play Keno. Their actions in paying you that sixty four dollars make it more likely that you will play again... and then they will get your money.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
August 19th, 2010 at 8:39:23 AM permalink
I took the money and ran! Well not literally, but it was quite puzzling how it first said I won $6, then the next game was over and it said I won $84 when I should have won $20, strange! I also refuse to play keno for the rest of this trip, and if I ever play it again it will be a couple of bucks for fun while im eating, sort of like last night. These strange "big" wins are a rarity for me!
  • Jump to: